Sunday Roast

puffy

Hi, I am just coming down to Pattaya for the weekend with the family, I have 2 young daughters 3 and 4.

I would like to go for a good Sunday lunch roast, not hotel prices. Somewhere family friendly, I am driving

so can travel a bit if worth it. I went to the Pig and whistle a few years back, which I thought was good, but

now I would prefer to avoid this specific area.

We are staying at the Centara Grand Mirage so loads of kids' activities, but if anyone can suggest anywhere else

for fun young children's activities I would appreciate that.

Perhaps rather than say "not hotel prices" it would be better to say exactly how much you want to spend per person? I know good places at prices from 140B to 500B+.

Also is there anything in particular you do or dont want to see on your plate?

Also do you want a plated meal or a carvery/buffet style?

One course or several?

17 hours ago, puffy said:

I would like to go for a good Sunday lunch roast

I've been hearing good things about Robin Hood tavern , in the Avenue on 2nd road. 

They do a Sunday roast buffet 395 baht or 1 big plate 199 baht   , probably best quality for money in town . 

I went there one time and had the lamb roast, it was delicious. 

http://robinhoodpattaya.com/new-sunday-carvery/

http://robinhoodpattaya.com/new-menu/

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

As mentioned the Robin Hood does a excellent carvery although no where for kids to play. If you can drive Outback Retox on Soi Siam also do a good one and have a small fenced in kids play area. Sportsman on Soi 12 (?) 2nd Road also do a good one but limited on space when it gets busy. Sunny's on the Darkside have a big indoor kids play area with CCTV and also a large outdoor area. They also do a pretty decent roast on a Sunday but no carvery. If you are on Facebook have a look for Pattaya Breakfast Club plenty of reviews on there.

Sunny's on the Darkside is all you need to keep the kids fed and entertained, whilst you have your meal and watch them all the time on the CCTV system.

The best family place down this way by far.

• Like 1

Sunny's is great. 

I usually take my wife and two young kids to have Sunday Roast at The Loft out by Maprachan lake.  Great food and great price. 

We also take the kids to the Pattaya Sheep Farm quite often as the entry fee is really cheap and the same for Thai's and foreigners.  I think it's 20 or 40 baht to go in so it doesn't need to be a full day activity. 

5 hours ago, balo said:

I've been hearing good things about Robin Hood tavern , in the Avenue on 2nd road. 

They do a Sunday roast buffet 395 baht or 1 big plate 199 baht   , probably best quality for money in town . 

I went there one time and had the lamb roast, it was delicious. 

http://robinhoodpattaya.com/new-sunday-carvery/

http://robinhoodpattaya.com/new-menu/

Ok, Thank you.

18 minutes ago, action said:

Sunny's is great. 

I usually take my wife and two young kids to have Sunday Roast at The Loft out by Maprachan lake.  Great food and great price. 

We also take the kids to the Pattaya Sheep Farm quite often as the entry fee is really cheap and the same for Thai's and foreigners.  I think it's 20 or 40 baht to go in so it doesn't need to be a full day activity. 

Sunny's looks perfect, will give it a try, thanks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Perhaps rather than say "not hotel prices" it would be better to say exactly how much you want to spend per person? I know good places at prices from 140B to 500B+.

Also is there anything in particular you do or dont want to see on your plate?

Also do you want a plated meal or a carvery/buffet style?

One course or several?

also you could be making suggestions anyway instead of giving a running commentary on the defects of the readers simple query without so much as a hint of a suggestion as to where they might eat. 

• Like 1

Murphys Irish bar on  khao noi. Has a free swimming pool.you can get a pint of Guiness and the owner has a few small kids and they play there.  Has a good sunday roast. Good family fun bar.

4 minutes ago, Phil Here said:

Caddy Shack Soi 7 Thepisit. Fantastic sunday lunch at a good price. Families are always welcome.

Unless they changed, it is a menu type serve not a buffet.

Up to you, I would rather have more choices for a Sunday roast..

also you could be making suggestions anyway instead of giving a running commentary on the defects of the readers simple query without so much as a hint of a suggestion as to where they might eat.

Given proper information to work with I would be glad to, but the OP seems unable or unwilling to provide this, and I am not a mind-reader.

And I dont see you suggesting anything at all: your post was only made to criticise me and as such was completely irrelevant and off-topic. Not that it bothers me at all.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Given proper information to work with I would be glad to, but the OP seems unable or unwilling to provide this, and I am not a mind-reader.

And I dont see you suggesting anything at all: your post was only made to criticise me and as such was completely irrelevant and off-topic. Not that it bothers me at all.

I have had other suggestions which I have thanked them for, thank you for your contribution, I am sorry my post was not detailed enough for you be able to recommend something. I have decided to go to Sunny's as per somebody else's suggestion.

There are only 2 types of people in this world those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Unless they changed, it is a menu type serve not a buffet.

Up to you, I would rather have more choices for a Sunday roast..

Personally, I don’t like buffets so I would put Caddyshack in there with Sunny’s, Nicky’s bar, The Loft, Goong & Pinky’s etc.

As said many times before it is all about personal tastes......at least Pattaya offers an abundance of choice.

IMHO you cannot beat the Tequila Sunrise Sunday lunch, the place is on soi 14 in Jomtien, from the beach road walk 150 metres & its on the right, run by an English guy & there are a choice of meats with a Yorkshire pudding & loads of veg, price ( March 2018 ) for a small version 70 Baht or the belly buster 100 baht as well as loads of other meals available.

10 hours ago, YAHF said:

IMHO you cannot beat the Tequila Sunrise Sunday lunch, the place is on soi 14 in Jomtien, from the beach road walk 150 metres & its on the right, run by an English guy & there are a choice of meats with a Yorkshire pudding & loads of veg, price ( March 2018 ) for a small version 70 Baht or the belly buster 100 baht as well as loads of other meals available.

Yes, I've eaten Sunday Roast dinner here (Soi Chayapreuk 1), unbelievable value and as importantly, tastes great.