UK Tourist Visa processing times and number of pages to supply

On 5/27/2018 at 5:59 AM, Pat in Pattaya said:

Git - I know you don't know how it will effect future applications, but it seems that your gut feeling is that it could get more complex?

We are planning our trip end of Sept, maybe  should get my skates on even if it is still a way off?

Always good to start soon. If you've gotten a visa before, highly likely that you'll get one again or if you can tick off the 'perfect' requirement list for your gf/wife, lengthy job, good salary paid to bank account and big money saved.

If not, good to be safe and do it 3 months before as that you will give you a chance to reapply should they come up with something. I genuinely feel that if you are unlucky and get the wrong person on a bad day, you could be rejected for no good reason,

I am still struggling to work out why this was rejected. I wonder if there was just too much in the letter?? 

In the next application I would focus particularly on the fact that you are living together and have been since October 2016. You have a settled life to return to once the visit is over.

List the visits you have made together with dates and passport copies/stamps to confirm this.

It is well established that it can be difficult to provide evidence that you live together! Most people talk rather than email! Make it clear that you provide housekeeping money in cash as is the local norm.

Perhaps get someone independent living locally to confirm you live together, the address and dates.

Bullet points can be useful rather than waffle.

For good measure it might be worth a comment along the lines of:

"I am concerned that the Entry Clearance Officer seems to have difficulty accepting that I am a ladyboy and fear this may be influencing his or her decision making."

Never hurts to play the sexism/ageism card!

I really wonder if this is a case of not seeing the wood for the trees! 

Best of luck!

Edited by bobrussell
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, bobrussell said:

I am still struggling to work out why this was rejected. I wonder if there was just too much in the letter?? 

In the next application I would focus particularly on the fact that you are living together and have been since October 2016. You have a settled life to return to once the visit is over.

List the visits you have made together with dates and passport copies/stamps to confirm this.

It is well established that it can be difficult to provide evidence that you live together! Most people talk rather than email! Make it clear that you provide housekeeping money in cash as is the local norm.

Perhaps get someone independent living locally to confirm you live together, the address and dates.

"I am concerned that the Entry Clearance Officer seems to have difficulty accepting that I am a ladyboy and fear this may be influencing his or her decision making."

Best of luck!

Many Thanks for your opinion and suggestions. It's good to know that I'm not alone in being confused. I tried to be short, but informative in the initial application to start with and that didn't work! As I said there were some other points raised on other documents which showed they had not been read and even a lie. No address for her parents was stated when it was explicitly on the application form.

I'm scared to say anything negative and piss off an ECO!

I'm interested to hear what the UK Immigration lawyer says.

All you are doing is asking for advice to be better informed. Not sure much will pi++ off an ECO. They sit behind a big protective barrier and rarely have to face the results of their decisions.

Most visit visas are granted but it does make me wonder how many of these are processed properly and how many are dealt with in a slip-shod manner.

I have not seen the information you provided but as I understand it, there is a reason to visit, accommodation is not a problem, it is affordable and as someone settled outside the UK, good reasons to return.

In a further application you can deal with these rather odd comments in the rejection letter.

In principle I cannot see a single reason why a visit visa should be anything but straight forward as long as you have presented the information clearly.

• Like 1

Best of luck!

I'd be interested to know how they have a settled life together in Laos. My wife is Laotian and I can only get monthly tourist visas and these are, to the best of my knowledge, not available indefinitely.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'd be interested to know how they have a settled life together in Laos. My wife is Laotian and I can only get monthly tourist visas and these are, to the best of my knowledge, not available indefinitely.

Apologies to the OP; I just read back through the thread and see he has a Business visa for Laos. If that's for a full year, I'm very surprised the visa was refused.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Apologies to the OP; I just read back through the thread and see he has a Business visa for Laos. If that's for a full year, I'm very surprised the visa was refused.

Yes. It is for a full year and that was all supplied along with my stay permit in the passport and visa document, which was headerized and with page numbers.