Pattaya Music Festival with great potential

The manic

https://www.bangkokpost.com/lifestyle/news-and-pr/1469921/thailand-cultural-music-festival-set-for-pattaya

One of the bands featured at Glastonbury last year. Many others are well known playing some of the best music in Thailand - music which is now gaining world attention. Pattaya has some of the worst, banal, musical drivel in the world with its constant MTV playlists of techno, banging house,UDM,EDM, soppy RnB and violent Drill and Gangsta rap. So it will be great to hear some life affirming, joyous music here in Pattaya for a change. Long live Morlam! The Pattaya food festival was a great success and I expect this music festival to be great too.

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Is there going to be actual music or is it again beach road closed so the 5000 hawkers can sell the same old same old?

Read the article and you will see a comprehensive list of musicians. Anyway I prefer hawkers to Thai bashers. The former provide a service the latter just demonstrate their ignorance and prejudice.  Also I like it when beach rd is closed but it is unlikely as the festival is around Bali Hi pier..which you would know if you had read the article rather than waste all our time with negative comments.

A dead loss. No beer or whisky on sale. No alcohol.  Don't bother coming here. So I gravitated to the Ibar under Insomnia. Bottled beer is only 39 baht between 8 and 10pm but the music horrible..but the seaview is beautiful.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:18 AM, lamyai3 said:

Shame. Rasamee Isan soul is first rate, though I'd prefer to see her at a small venue with a beer in hand.  

Yes, they put her on at a bad time, right after three rock bands. Everybody was deaf by then.

So it was indeed in Bali Hai and no closures. Good. Bali Hai lost it's lustre when they destroyed the nice park with the parking thing. Looks like they 44'd the revival. Festivals have been lukewarm for years now.

Archived