Vaping could get you ten years in a Thai prison

rooster59

If you're a farang, act scared and cooperate, and you can give the Thai cop a bung instead of going to plizon. 

If you're a Thai "net idol" and put up a fuss because it is ridiculous, even in Pattaya, you get hauled off to the cells.  Over an E-cig.  And it all, apparently, still, boils down to e-cigs aren't taxed.  This is about money.  And stubborn, pig headed morons in uniform.

13 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Outside Suwanapoom a few weeks ago where the smokers congregate and there were 3 youngish Asian lads vaping away like good un's. Police and airport security nearby, nobody batting an eye lid...

saw the same outside of bang kapi mall,thai bloke couldn"t give a stuff as hundreds of people walked by.

16 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Yet the far more dangerous nicotine and alcohol are sold openly, and even promoted. What a stupid species we are.

Ah yes but they are owned by Thaibev and the Thai tobacco monopoly ...the name says it all its not the vaping but the competition that is unhealthy 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, baboon said:

Vape and get 10 years. Overthrow the elected government and get nothing. Something a bit wrong there... 

How many people do you have to mow down driving drunk in a HiSo Mercedes to actually spent 10 years in jail?

• Like 1

Funny  Vaping you could 10 years, Feeding the fish you could 100,000 Baht fine, But police officers doing corruption you get transferred to an inactive post. Now, what would you say is the biggest crime committed amongst the three I have written down? Corruption I would say but it has the least consequences.:stoner:

4 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Funny  Vaping you could 10 years, Feeding the fish you could 100,000 Baht fine, But police officers doing corruption you get transferred to an inactive post. Now, what would you say is the biggest crime committed amongst the three I have written down? Corruption I would say but it has the least consequences.:stoner:

Lets all have a group session moan and complain , we will all feel alot better afterwards .

Litter louts , I saw someone thrown some rubbish on the floor and there was a bin a few steps away , why didnt he throwthe rubbish in the bin ?

I ALWAYS throw MY rubbish in the bin

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Lets all have a group session moan and complain , we will all feel alot better afterwards .

Litter louts , I saw someone thrown some rubbish on the floor and there was a bin a few steps away , why didnt he throwthe rubbish in the bin ?

I ALWAYS throw MY rubbish in the bin

Well, u are lucky Max. I know somebody who has a rubbish bin in the kitchen with a lid on it A certain member of the family is too tired to lift the lid on the bin so puts the rubbish on top of the lid lol

• Like 1

Absolutely correct. Killing a cop the sentence is nothing at all, not even trial, killing your husband, after a death sentence, you can go home, than abroad, killing tourists on an island, burmeses did it. Smoking an e- cigarette 10 years on secure prison. I 'd vote for death penalty telling the truth, but Thailand is a law follower country and consequent

22 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why not a 100 years in jail? or better still, executed for vaping or smoking a shisha? can the get anymore ridiculous than that?... and for some of us, we call Thailand home...

and for some of us, we call Thailand home...

Yes because we are not obsessed at all with those questions:crazy:

and many other by the way...

like Thai roads are pure madness, :post-4641-1156693976:

the corrupted police force farce :mad: 

most Thai women are or where bar girls :ermm: 

we farangs are walking ATM :lock: 

Thai smile is only hypocrisy :annoyed: 

Sorry but we also do not give a damn about the double pricing :sick:  

the list is too long to list here, so I stop there without forgetting to add to never  forget our every day's sense of humour, and bonhomie :welcomeani:

I am sure that some happy members will recognise themselves

:sorry:  for those whose liver has made even more bile because of my words .

As far as I understand from the Tobacco Products Control Act 2506 there is no problems using vaping or sisha as long as it is not used in a non smoking area.

What is illegal is importation, sale and manufacture of these products.

So, unless they can prove that you have imported or manufactured these things  these things there is nothing illegal about it.

The maximum penalty for importing, selling and manufacturing is 100,000 Baht, there can not be any prison sentence.

This information is from:

http://www.ashthailand.or.th/en/content_attachment/attach/new_thai_law.pdf

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Meanwhile in Pattaya kicking a tourist in the head gets you a 500 baht fine.

That is what I was trying to say before. Making a big deal out of people  Vaping but kicking somebody in the head no importance. The guy was unlucky he got a 500 Baht fine. Just a wai and all is forgotten would have been sufficient. Cops must have been short on funds that day to continue the card game.

On 5/26/2018 at 12:11 PM, JAG said:

Well. I suppose that people would get to know about the law pretty quickly - word would probably spread.

Just like the law for helmets that was introduced in 1994 .

Some really funny comments on here but really the prisons are full already.This is one of the stupid laws that Thailand will not back down on for loss of face but rather than a prison sentence 10,000 Bht

fine will do so it is just a money making exercise in the end 

2 hours ago, CantSpell said:

Only for tourists?

I see more and more Thai vaping, please explain... ?

Oh, that's just Thaiping, surely a solid part of Thainess since the big bang. Oh the exotic lovely culture.