Contact lenses storage

croftrobin

I wear contact lenses in the UK and have the monthly variety.

These need cleaned every night.

Would you put them in the fridge overnight soaked in their cleaning solution? or just leave in the room at ambient temperature?

The solution "should" be sterile so just leaving them in your (aircon) bedroom should be fine.

I couldn't get on with contacts, so I'm a resigned spectacle wearer, "girls don't make passes at guys who wear glasses".

The solution "should" be sterile so just leaving them in your (aircon) bedroom should be fine.

I couldn't get on with contacts, so I'm a resigned spectacle wearer, "girls don't make passes at guys who wear glasses".

You say that, but times have changed. Gone of the days where specs are considered nerdy. They are now, for some a cool and essential fashion accessory.
I know girls here who sometimes wear glasses even though they don't have any problems with their vision.
As someone who has recently switched back to specs after thirty five odd years or wearing contact lenses, I've been amazed at all the complements I've had, two at least...

To the OP's original question, all the time I wore contact lenses here, I never really changed what I did in the UK. I just kept them in the bathroom, changed the soaking fluid (which I had to import from the UK, they don't sell it here) every other day and cleaned them morning and night. I will point out I never had soft lenses, but hard gas permeable ones. I tried soft lenses a couple of times and really struggled with them. I could never deal with actually touching my eyes to remove them, where as with hard lenses bizarrely you don't have too.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app