Pattaya - Utapao Bus Service

timewilltell

I have read that there is supposedly a new bus service from Pattaya to the airport at Utapao. 

I wonder if anyone has managed to find the service and knows where you can get tickets, the company that runs it or where the pickup points are. 

Google is predictably spewing out taxi services at 800 baht or so - more than the plane fare to Phuket due to the stranglehold the mafia has on taxis in tourist spots. The term 'mafia is used in the loose send to mean organised cartel by those who would power 

Here is the number for the public bus service; 098 268 5227

The latest tale is that it will resume next month.

Until then, there is the aforementioned minibus or a taxi service for for between 500 and 550 baht.

Have posted the details for the taxi service on an earlier thread.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 3:20 PM, JamJar said:

I think it's 500 baht now.

UTP.jpg

Finally got around to using 7 eleven tour. Used LINE to book 24-hours ahead of travel.

Clean car, safe driver and under 40 minutes from Pattaya Beach to UTP Departures. That was a very early morning weekday run so one would need to factor in the local highway congestion if their flights are timed differently or weekend travel. They charge 549 baht o/w for up to 2 pax.

Recommended!

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Finally got around to using 7 eleven tour. Used LINE to book 24-hours ahead of travel.

Clean car, safe driver and under 40 minutes from Pattaya Beach to UTP Departures. That was a very early morning weekday run so one would need to factor in the local highway congestion if their flights are timed differently or weekend travel. They charge 549 baht o/w for up to 2 pax.

Recommended!

I will have to try this.

Have had terrible luck with Air Asia transport both ways.

I met the van at 410 am a few weeks ago at Central for my 625 flight to Chiang mai.  But they pick up people along the way who may or may not be on my same flight. The driver was very stupid, kept getting lost. It was 530 am and he is driving around some condo complex in Jomtien with no clue....

I grabbed my stuff and hopped out, walked to 7-11 and found a taxi to the airport. Made it in time and never saw the van at the airport so who knows.

I travel pattaya to trat regularly and use minivans from near the Tesco in Sukumvit rd ( it is marked on google maps as bus to trat if you do a search). Last week I went and instead of going by the motorway in a minivan they had a brand new looking medium sized bus that went along Sukumvit Rd to U-tapao and stopped in the car park to see if there were any customers for Trat. Was very comfortable and slow and safe and only cost 300 b to Trat. Their number is 0922678435 but I would call in the morning and talk to the girl working because the guy in the afternoon doesn't know much.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/22/2018 at 10:49 PM, The manic said:

Useful thread but after flying in from Russia or China a taxi at 800 baht is a bargain especially if there are two or three of you. Cheap as chips. If you can't afford it then hitchike 

Why would there be two or three people travelling together and what has Russia/China to do with it? 

The thread concerns Pattaya to U-Tapao. So for people flying out.

Edited by Rimmer
personal attack