What's Happening In Phla Beach

EVENKEEL

• 2 weeks later...

Some days rain some days sunny some days both at the same time. Some bars making a wee profit some bars not but that changes daily/weekly. Some bars cheaper than others until they are leaned on by the other bar owners.

10 minutes after the rain stops everybody and their brother seems to be trying to burn something/anything.

Lots of new houses going up. Some are selling some are not.

That's about it really.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:43 AM, overherebc said:

Guy from Jungle Bar? beaten up by some younger guy I heard.

Don't know the full story.

That would be Allen, stopped there once. Real good guy.

40 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

The Magic Roundabout seems quiet. Maybe a lack of challenging global socio political problems for the members to solve ?

Nearby road works causing disruptions to the daily meetings?

Dusty beer doesn't go down well.

I see a new pharmacy shop is getting ready to open on the Phala road. Is this the first pharmacy in Phala? I cannot recall another one.

Where is this mini mart on the Micasa road? I see some big business/factory/shop getting ready for business across from the market,,,,,,is that it?

On 7/28/2018 at 8:14 AM, longball53098 said:

I see a new pharmacy shop is getting ready to open on the Phala road. Is this the first pharmacy in Phala? I cannot recall another one.

Where is this mini mart on the Micasa road? I see some big business/factory/shop getting ready for business across from the market,,,,,,is that it?

Been told it's a sort of kind of like but not really 7/11.

If you know what I mean.

Re pharmacy. Two others I know of.

At what I call the main crossroad, with police box, heading up parallel to the strip there's a good one on the left.

Opposite way from crossroads heading to the beach direction there's one on the right after the temple and school 250/300 yards.

English spoken in each one when the 'main man' is there..

• 2 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:54 PM, overherebc said:

Nearby road works causing disruptions to the daily meetings?

Dusty beer doesn't go down well.

S mart must like the "oval table brigade" as they now have a large square table as well.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, overherebc said:

OK you heard it here first.

The new 7/11 is going to be about 300/400 yards-ish up the road going from the little roundabout towards BanChang/Tesco. On the left.

Thats been the word for the last 4 or 5 months, since the tin shed was told to vacate the space, just checked it was back on 31st March i mentioned that on the 7/11 location thread...how time flies!!

image.gif

4 hours ago, Big Guns said:

I'm sure it will do wonders for traffic & parking down there. The new 7 eleven at the other end of Pala road over the train tracks gets seriously busy. Sometimes I think they must have free beer its so busy ????

And as of today, there is now a new daily market on the corner beside the 7/11 there - traffic will be even more chaotic!!

On 6/3/2018 at 7:58 PM, banchang said:

I will put your enquiry forward to the round table. I’m sure they know what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

the table is square

new 7/11 being built on phala road, on the left towards BC, beehive is now doing Sunday lunch and a new evening meal menu 5pm til 9 ish, the new brightly coloured hotel is open up the road from the roundabout.

16 hours ago, steve187 said:

the table is square

new 7/11 being built on phala road, on the left towards BC, beehive is now doing Sunday lunch and a new evening meal menu 5pm til 9 ish, the new brightly coloured hotel is open up the road from the roundabout.

Brightly coloured for sure.

As my granny used to say   a blind man on a galloping horse wouldn't miss it.

Archived