Video: Lovely Thai teacher sees the value of English to start the school day

webfact

2 minutes ago, kevvy said:

Unlike you I have not seen a good teacher , and I do have two step children , who got abused by teachers and I had to go to the school to shown them laws about hitting children . My step children moved to another school and my daughter had to give 30 baht each week to help her husbands school, not hers , the whole class did , Not a bad little rort with 45 children in the class. It has been stopped now. I am sure there are hundreds of good teachers , I have not met one to see if they are or not .

And yep - I have seen the bad ones too.....In my case the "donation" went to the teacher's husband ..who was the local Red Shirt representative....

I have stories much the same as yours which include Thai Grandparents dishing out the violence ... Stopping them was the beginning of the end of my last marriage but sometimes in life you just have to live life under your own standards..

But again there are some wonderful teachers out there doing their best against all odds..

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kevvy said:

so funny . it is a classic

I have never seen this before but just watched a couple of clips...The beginning of each one is a great piss take on the standard greeting/response dialogue that all students/teachers have to go through at the start of an English lesson...and serves as a great contrast to the teacher in the OP video...

It is great to see Tukki with her own show. Xmases in the village always ended up watching the latest video from those blokes in short skirts that Tukki became well known through.....

Brilliant!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fish Head Soup said:

I thought that teachers were not supposed to have physical contact like that with students?

It took a while for someone to comment on that. The female Thai teachers seem to be quite physical with their students. For foreign teachers most schools have a strict no-touch policy, which would seem obvious. For the male Thai teachers I'm not sure, though I once witnessed a 'cool' Thai teacher, 40, dresses in black, rides a big bike, you know the type, every school seems to have one, give a shoulders and back and neck massage to several 15 year old girls in the class. Something he would have been fired for pretty damn quick in a UK/US school.

Not sure about the forward thinking school director comment. Look at the regimented (almost frightened to do something wrong?) faces on the kids waiting for their hug and chance to speak English before going into class. Although the teacher may be genuine in her love for her students, their faces show all that is wrong with the Thai education system.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

A homeroom teacher in Prachinburi starts every day at the classroom door with greetings in English and a very popular hug and cuddle

And if a male teacher does that , the thaivisa lynch mob comes out.

On 5/29/2018 at 12:26 AM, bangkokfrog said:

Not sure about the forward thinking school director comment. Look at the regimented (almost frightened to do something wrong?) faces on the kids waiting for their hug and chance to speak English before going into class. Although the teacher may be genuine in her love for her students, their faces show all that is wrong with the Thai education system.

All I see is a bunch of 8 year olds that mighy be a bit camera shy and/or are trying their best to behave for the camera. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DavisH said:

Watch the episode where she has to pronounce the word "quay".....she balks at that one:)

Thanks for the tip; I found it and yes, it is hilarious.

A very funny lady.

16 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

I thought that teachers were not supposed to have physical contact like that with students?

Very observant. With the first students, it was very touchy feely but I think it was genuine. 

However, and besides the good effort at English, I think she is steering these kids on a path of good. Their journey will be molded by her compassion. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 12:26 AM, bangkokfrog said:

I wonder how long they must stand in line at attention.

• Haha 1