Central Festival opens at 10 am now

Hal65

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

How many floors is it going to have? The land plot ain't that big, about the same size as the BigC close to it?

Have a look at the building site , I live not far away and see them di construction work every day,  its enormous , I would believe it's the same size as in Bangkok. 

All of Big C  is like one floor of this mall . 

• Like 1

I would imagine you could spend all day inside T21 and just eat , drink , and shop until you drop.

But I will probably just come there for the food court, watch a movie, drink coffee, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, balo said:

I would imagine you could spend all day inside T21 and just eat , drink , and shop until you drop.

But I will probably just come there for the food court, watch a movie, drink coffee, etc. 

Same with me, but I will add girl watching.

Bet that place will be a visual gold mine.

• Haha 1

Car park is open 24 hours, I've been there too early and have to use the stairs in the carpark to get down to ground level,
Well no wonder its always 70% full no mater how early I get there [emoji1]

The video looks exactly like T21 in Korat.

Tourist are going to go to the closest shopping. There will be no need to go to T21 if it primarily has the same stores as Central. Once the "newness" factor of T21 opening rubs off people (non-tourist) will go back to their normal shopping areas. Group tour tourist will most likely get bused over to T21 but that probably will not hurt Central's overall profit level. Central will most likely add some new stores and restaurants to make itself more attractive. This what The Mall in Korat did before T21 and Central Festival opened their doors.

• Like 1

Central is now doing an 'outlet mall' near Suvarnabhumi airport now, possibly to bus the tour group over, so there's a lucrative market there. But I don't think T21 or even Central Festival is set up for big tour groups to be bussed over and herded around, it'll be popular with independent tourist definitely, but the typical mall lacks 'attraction' like a duty free or souvenir shop that is wiling to pay kickbacks to the tour operator like in Mike's or most out of town tourist trap. 

Also

Central Festival Beach road is slated to be renovated in the second half of 2019, so they definitely feels the pressure from T21, but renovating later, and after T21 will have been opened for almost a year, rather than sooner probably reflects their 'wait and see' approach to new competition in Pattaya.

10 minutes ago, MunkyBoogar said:

The video looks exactly like T21 in Korat.

Tourist are going to go to the closest shopping. There will be no need to go to T21 if it primarily has the same stores as Central. Once the "newness" factor of T21 opening rubs off people (non-tourist) will go back to their normal shopping areas. Group tour tourist will most likely get bused over to T21 but that probably will not hurt Central's overall profit level. Central will most likely add some new stores and restaurants to make itself more attractive. This what The Mall in Korat did before T21 and Central Festival opened their doors.

I do not agree.

T21 is not just a mall but an event much above just a mall.

The food court at Central is a rip off compared to T21.

Street food prices or less for good food.

They will have to adjust that and some other things to just keep slightly up.

People like new and unique.  Lets just wait I do not want Central to have issues.  But T21 will take away a lot of business.

Edited by bkk6060

7 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Central is now doing an 'outlet mall' near Suvarnabhumi airport now, possibly to bus the tour group over, so there's a lucrative market there. But I don't think T21 or even Central Festival is set up for big tour groups to be bussed over and herded around, it'll be popular with independent tourist definitely, but the typical mall lacks 'attraction' like a duty free or souvenir shop that is wiling to pay kickbacks to the tour operator like in Mike's or most out of town tourist trap. 

Also

Central Festival Beach road is slated to be renovated in the second half of 2019, so they definitely feels the pressure from T21, but renovating later, and after T21 will have been opened for almost a year, rather than sooner probably reflects their 'wait and see' approach to new competition in Pattaya.

Disagree.

I was in BKK yesterday many Chinese tour groups with flags walking T21 at Asoke.

Like I said, it is not just a mall but very unique.  Not the same as a normal mall which is Central.

Edited by bkk6060

On 5/29/2018 at 7:31 AM, possum1931 said:

Any restaurant with an "all you can eat" buffet there will be glad to hear that. :biggrin:

The food court in 21 in Bangkok is the best value that I know in town it will be mobbed if it's anything like the one in Bangkok,

4 minutes ago, adammike said:

The food court in 21 in Bangkok is the best value that I know in town it will be mobbed if it's anything like the one in Bangkok,

I don't use these food courts as I am not prepared to queue twice for a meal and then queue again for change. Too much hassle.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MunkyBoogar said:

Where is the Pattaya T21 located? Comparing BKK Malls to Pattaya Malls is like comparing Leo to real beer!

Corner of 2nd (Pattayasaisong in the map) and North road, next to Dolphin. Hope is BKK hordes and Chinese get bused from Highway 7 to Nua (North road) to T21 and stay there, causing the area south of it (pretty much all of downtown) less traffic jams.

T21.JPG

Edited by DrTuner
Note of the road name

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Perhaps an oversupply of malls...but there can never be an oversupply of the hotties for short time or long time therapy !! Keep up the good work girls !!

Are you feeling sexually aroused ?

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it's as good as the Bkk one you are wrong. Bkk has millions of wealthy young things to go shopping in all the different malls, and the skytrain/ MRT to bring people from the suburbs to them. Pattaya has no mass transit system and probably won't have one in the foreseeable future, plus a rubbish roading infrastructure that can't cope with existing traffic. 

T21 has the advantage of being closer to Sukhumvit than Central, and is more likely to attract the trendies.

The main reason why T21 does so well in BKK is location. They nailed it. Paragon is always busy too. T21 in BKK is a nice mall for restaurants and just having a stroll, but it's not so great for shopping and falls behind Central and Paragon IMO. I can see a lot of the shops in T21 BKK are doing it tough because they are situated in side-alleys that are quiet. It doesn't have a department store.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, newnative said:

The land plot is quite large.

T21.JPG.98fdc7c910b180994752b56c398f43a0

A tad bigger than BigC (I mean the whole "Central Center Pattaya" with it), it's the two squares to the right from dolphin on the map above. I think I counted 6-7 floors? It'll be bigger than Central, but not exactly gigantic. The youtube video quoted 250m as the North side "runway" length, they also mention a few other areas in square meters. My hope is it has enough cubic meters to stuff all the mall rats, Bangkokians and Chinese in. Maybe they should feed them in from the roof.

I recalled seeing a sign last year that said the Central Food Hall opened at 10 am.  Yesterday I looked around the entrance to Central and this remained the only sign I saw indicating anything at Central Festival opens at 10 am. AFAIK Central Festival still opens at 11 am but the food hall has always opened at 10 am.

Edited by AlexCanada

36 minutes ago, balo said:

So it was fake news?  They are only open from 11 am . Unless they plan to open earlier. 

Yes.

The food market downstairs opens at 10 am.  Which has been the case for a few years.

I went to the mall today at 1030 and not open.  But like I said, the market was.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 5:26 PM, digbeth said:

Car park is open 24 hours, I've been there too early and have to use the stairs in the carpark to get down to ground level,

Strange I went there this morning at about 10am...there was no one manning the token booths..employees where of course coming in to park...but customers had no way to get a token so  wouldn't be able to leave if they drove in.  so I parked on the road ( 2nd road) opposite and walked down to

"basement"  past the waterfall where the Tops supermarket was the only bit open...not the food hall

I got some nice fresh still warm from the oven bread..and waited with quite a few others for the doors of "Central" to open promptly at 11am...they even had a little tannoy announcement and catchy song 5 minutes before opening.

So Central Festival the Beach does not open at 10am   it opens at 11am  despite what the sign says

P_20180609_100942.thumb.jpg.7a9a4b739f9b5e1f91d2c9c63ad10c5b.jpg

Edited by johng

• 3 weeks later...