English Speaking Gp

mallmagician

Hi folks,

Well, For about a week now, I have been waking up with stiff neck, aching shoulders, and some back pain. This continues throughout the day.

Since that started, over the past few days, even though I have had plenty of sleep, I have been incredibly tired by about 5/6pm.

I feel a bit spaced out, have occasional fever, going from hot to shivery cold.

As I write this, my eyes are getting tired and watery looking at the monitor, and I have quite a bad headache.

I have tried to rest it out of me, but nothing appears to be working. So I need a reccomendation of a good clinic/GP to go to.

Any help appreciated.

Oh, I am up in Sansai, but am willing to travel!

Thanks

Phil

Strewth mate.It could be many things.Whip down to CM Ram.At least most of the Doctors speak good English.

Forgot to add...Take some panadol (Not asprin in case yo have a mozzie born illness etc) to keep your temp down before you see the quack.

Edited by chuchok

I agree with chuchok. For something like this, go to Ram (the"a" pronounced to rhyme with "aah") as they have English-speaking doctors, usually good, and the facilties to test you as needed, though it's more than likely you simply have some everyday flu or virus. Also agree that it could be anything, with those symptoms,and because you've had it for a while. I think they'd have GPs available 24 hours (can someone confirm ?). More info here : http://www.chiangmairam.com/indexen.html .

I thought you needed aspirin (not paracetemol/other painkiller) to bring temperature down but may be wrong.

Drink plenty of water, as always.

Hope you feel better soon. If you're a bit wobbly, ask someone to go with you if possible.

Hi folks,

Well, For about a week now, I have been waking up with stiff neck, aching shoulders, and some back pain. This continues throughout the day.

Since that started, over the past few days, even though I have had plenty of sleep, I have been incredibly tired by about 5/6pm.

I feel a bit spaced out, have occasional fever, going from hot to shivery cold.

As I write this, my eyes are getting tired and watery looking at the monitor, and I have quite a bad headache.

I have tried to rest it out of me, but nothing appears to be working. So I need a reccomendation of a good clinic/GP to go to.

Any help appreciated.

Oh, I am up in Sansai, but am willing to travel!

Thanks

Phil

Phil,

Before you go see a doctor. ask yourself if you are stressed out. it might just be stress that is making you feel ill. perhaps a little anxiety can also get you all these symtoms. muscles tensed up, feeling feverish, cold sweats, blurred vision etc etc.

go see one of the GP's at Chiang Mai Ram and get physicals checked up. if its all in the mind, he would probably prescribe exercising as the most important thing to do.

hope you feel better soon.

TB

There is something going around ie. the flu

Mostly has cold/sore throat symptoms. Mine started with a low fever and really sore throat.

I got rid of the sore throat with my usual mix of hot water with lemon and every sort of tea you could think of.

Then was scheduled to visit Rachapruek next day with a visiting friend. We covered the whole place in half a day and that shook off the remainder of the nasty bug!