France offers citizenship to Malian immigrant who scaled building to save child

webfact

15 hours ago, rtr4 said:

Exactly! And the hero lifted the child with one hand. Why the other guy was not to do the same? The best part Macaron promised him work. That was a serious threat  to the guy ?

You should be satisfied Macron has turned the path to French citizenship into such an obstacle course.. imagine yourself having both the physical and mental abilities in such a concurrence of circumstances.. a real challenge, isn't it?  Food for your thoughts… " a serious threat"  to your prejudices      

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DM07 said:

TV does not fail to amaze, yet again!

Instead of praising the guy, who clearly risked his life to save the kid, people are making racist comments,

I have not seen anyone make any racist comments .

Could you point them out ?

Maybe you are one of these people that feel that people from ethnic minorities are beyond questioning and if anyone does indeed question an ethnic minority , it must be because they are racist .

I treat everyone the same, if you treat people differently according to their ethnicity , then, that makes you the racist

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

You tripping geezer...

On the minute mark, the other guy on the other  balcony puts his arms behind the other balcony and its unclear why he did that or what he was doing 

52 minutes ago, sanemax said:

On the minute mark, the other guy on the other  balcony puts his arms behind the other balcony and its unclear why he did that or what he was doing 

If we can't clearly see, and it's unclear what he was doing, then what is the value of even mentioning it?

[edit] Maybe he just did not want to continue living out the rest of his life with his arm hanging over the balcony railing.

Edited by attrayant
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 6:05 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Good for him... That's Karma

Not sure why the other guy didn't just lift the kid over the balcony though ??

He had hold of him before the SpiderMan got there and just picked him up one handed...

Two probably scenarios.

1) He was securing the baby, but was not able to get to a situation, he could be 100% sure to safe the kid.

2) During extreme distress, lot's of people tend to freeze. Unable to think and act in a clear minded way. I have seen this happening to big grownup men, who externally look like very tough guys.

It's two different things to analyse the situation later on, than being in the middle of the action.

On 5/29/2018 at 6:05 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Good for him... That's Karma

Not sure why the other guy didn't just lift the kid over the balcony though ??

He had hold of him before the SpiderMan got there and just picked him up one handed...

I suspect the other guy was scared of heights.

7 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

What role the rescuer's race contributed to your sense of freedom to engage in this disparaging speculation only you can answer, but that's a question I think you and others need to ask yourselves.

You seem to be making the suggestion that I am a racist and I ask questions because he is Black .

Rest assured , had he not have been Black , I would have said the same things.

(I have also questioned and helped to expose White people on these forums , fake $ bill White girls and EX UK Army guy who claimed to have been kidnapped and the USA girls who claimed to have been abducted : So, do stop the racist allegations )

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Maybe you are one of these people that feel that people from ethnic minorities are beyond questioning and if anyone does indeed question an ethnic minority , it must be because they are racist .

I treat everyone the same, if you treat people differently according to their ethnicity , then, that makes you the racist

If you read the thread from start to end you will see the racist comments. If you don't, God Bless you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

...starting with your "just asking questions"?!

24 minutes ago, DM07 said:

...starting with your "just asking questions"?!

That is why we have forums and that is why we can communicate with each other .

If I see something that may not be quite right , I shall remark on that .

All this "Ohhh hes Black , better not say anything otherwise people will call me a racist" attitude has caused ,more problem than its solved

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is why we have forums and that is why we can communicate with each other .

If I see something that may not be quite right , I shall remark on that .

All this "Ohhh hes Black , better not say anything otherwise people will call me a racist" attitude has caused ,more problem than its solved

So:

- so far, you are the only one who "saw" "something"

- others have tried, and they saw nothing, at least nothing that is suspicious

- most important at all: what are you implying? That this is an elaborate hoax, where a guy hangs a toddler from a balcony (cunningly, the toddler only SEEMS to be in danger, as it is really strapped into some kind of safety- belt device?!), so that an immigrant can "just" climb up some balconies and "rescue" the toddler, so he can gain citizenship in France?

Seriously...what is it, you want to say?

Or are you just making clear, that you would like to purchase a bigger quantity of aluminum- foil for a comfortable hat?!

3 minutes ago, DM07 said:

So:

- so far, you are the only one who "saw" "something"

- others have tried, and they saw nothing, at least nothing that is suspicious

- most important at all: what are you implying? That this is an elaborate hoax, where a guy hangs a toddler from a balcony (cunningly, the toddler only SEEMS to be in danger, as it is really strapped into some kind of safety- belt device?!), so that an immigrant can "just" climb up some balconies and "rescue" the toddler, so he can gain citizenship in France?

Seriously...what is it, you want to say?

Or are you just making clear, that you would like to purchase a bigger quantity of aluminum- foil for a comfortable hat?!

You are getting a bit accusational now , I have already stated what could/maybe/maybe not have happened previously in this thread .

As you are accusing me of racism , and tin foil hats , I dont feel that I should have to defend myself from your accusations .

You are probably a snowflake who thinks that Im a Nazi and you want to throw things at me .

I am ducking out the way

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You are getting a bit accusational now , I have already stated what could/maybe/maybe not have happened previously in this thread .

As you are accusing me of racism , and tin foil hats , I dont feel that I should have to defend myself from your accusations .

You are probably a snowflake who thinks that Im a Nazi and you want to throw things at me .

I am ducking out the way

Aaaaah...the good old snowflake- defense!

Good day, sir!

On 5/29/2018 at 1:55 AM, ezzra said:

I'm thinking this guy is a cat burglar seeing the ease he scaled those balconies, the guy did a civic duty and got a citizenship for it, the fact that many just stood there and did nothing shows the people's apathy to others in distress... 

I would have thought it better to find out how they guy had been making a living first...

As for doing the right thing, not so easy at the time.

Yesterday I was travelling along the motorway when the traffic slowed to a crawl, I was in lane one and the traffic was moving to lane 2, then I saw a lorry up ahead in lane one stationary with it's hazards on, as I came up behind the lorry I could see a vehicle on the hard shoulder with smoke and flames at least 10' foot high, most of the traffic was now moving to lane 3, my concerns was do block lanes 2 & 3 Along side the stationary lorry as the vehicle was likely to blow?

I did              ...monetary and waited for the rubber neek'ers in front who were oblivious to the danger to move on, then I hit the accelerator and raced past it as I was under extreme pressure to get to my destination on time.  :blush:

354763234_M42fire.jpg.gallery.jpg.d4486135d39edfaef2f9a0d05e3d3320.jpg

It was quick thinking, I doubt the police would have thanked me for my quick thinking, if the traffic had come to a complete standstill the usual cretins would try Q jumping thereby blocking the hard shoulder for the emergency services.

Edited by Basil B