Maya Bay closed for business as rehabilitation begins

rooster59

11 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Most visitors??? You are already contradicting yourself. How is that going together with "this will cost nothing for nobody"?

Talk about digging the hole, juumping right in and shoveling back the dirt. :cheesy::smile::cheesy:

And again you can't read. Forget it, have a good day.

On 6/2/2018 at 5:16 AM, stevenl said:

It was one of the things they visited on a trip to Phi Phi. This wont cost anybody anything.

Here you state it wont cost anybody anything, right?

22 hours ago, stevenl said:

Huh, you're not making any sense.

People don't go to Maya Bay only, it is a Phi Phi excursion. People will still be making the same excursion, just without visiting Maya Bay. So this won't cost anybody anything, as I said earlier.

44 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Seems the person you're agreeing with agrees with me ' Given most visitors apparently were on package tour groups, it won't make any difference at all to numbers going, '.

Here you state given most visitors? What about the ones that don´t fit your most. They don´t spend any money, so it won´t cost anybody anything. There was the contradiction. You went back on your earlier stance.

26 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And again you can't read. Forget it, have a good day.

In reletion to what you can read above, it seems like a do understand and that I can read. How about you? 

Edited by Get Real

13 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Here you state given most visitors? What about the ones that don´t fit your most. They don´t spend any money, so it won´t cost anybody anything. There was the contradiction. You went back on your earlier stance.

In reletion to what you can read above, it seems like a do understand and that I can read. How about you? 

"Here you state given most visitors?"

Again, please read. That was somebody else's quote, the person you agreed with, not my words. But you also missed the part from that quote, so somebody else's words you agreed with 'it won't make any difference', which is exactly my point.

Enough of this silly nonsense.

Edited by stevenl

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Most visitors??? You are already contradicting yourself. How is that going together with "this will cost nothing for nobody"?

Talk about digging the hole, juumping right in and shoveling back the dirt. :cheesy::smile::cheesy:

Seems we have a communication problem. He is saying that it won't make any difference as to numbers going on day trips to Phi Phi, and I agree with that, but I also agree with you that I want the companies that ruined Maya to lose a lot of money. Going broke would be even better, as they have no conscience and exploited Maya to the point it was destroyed. They deserve, IMO, to be punished for that.

On 6/2/2018 at 11:58 AM, stevenl said:

Why? Lots of other things to do and see.

Most of which probably should be closed as well, if for no other reason than safety, let alone, the environment, and animal cruelty. 

They have raped and pillaged for so long here, that now their tourism is based on Chinese package holiday makers.

That doesn't say much for sustainable tourism. 

On 6/2/2018 at 3:28 PM, stevenl said:

It took me a while to understand you, you think there are excursions or tours to only Maya Bay from Phuket.

There are not, it are Phi Phi tours, with one of the places visited Maya Bay. So People don't go to Maya Bay only, it is a Phi Phi excursion. People will still be making the same excursion, just without visiting Maya Bay. " Same speedboats, same tours.

May be true, but doesn't that mean the other places are going to be stacked even deeper in parked speedboats?   Imagine taking a jam packed shopping mall and closing off a big chunk of the parking lot.  Something's gotta give... 

Either the total numbers have to decrease, or they'll wear out the remaining areas that much faster.

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

May be true, but doesn't that mean the other places are going to be stacked even deeper in parked speedboats?   Imagine taking a jam packed shopping mall and closing off a big chunk of the parking lot.  Something's gotta give... 

Either the total numbers have to decrease, or they'll wear out the remaining areas that much faster.

Agree, but that has nothing to do with the comment I was replying to.

BTW, they have said they're going to make more facilities at the other side of the bay, however with wind and waves there I don't see how that is going to hold.

On 6/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, stevenl said:

It took me a while to understand you, you think there are excursions or tours to only Maya Bay from Phuket.

There are not, it are Phi Phi tours, with one of the places visited Maya Bay. So People don't go to Maya Bay only, it is a Phi Phi excursion. People will still be making the same excursion, just without visiting Maya Bay. " Same speedboats, same tours.

As someone who has only been to Phuket once - and that was more than twenty years ago, I 'm not taking sides either way in this.

However, by googling I can find one company specifically offering 'Maya Bay sleep aboard tours', stating: "arrive at Maya Bay before sunset and transport everyone over to the beach by small boat or long tail." This is after they state that Maya Bay is closed June to September.

It seems you need to be on Phi Phi to start with, in order to go on this tour.

Now I wouldn't know if there is some quota for visitors and this company can do this, or whether the park rangers won't be there at night to check?

Don't flame me in this, but check it out yourselves - there may well be more than one company offering the same.

I'm not obviously adding a link, as I think TVF rules don't allow it, but searching 'maya bay' it was the fourth entry on the results page, a company specifically offering Maya Bay tours.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

As someone who has only been to Phuket once - and that was more than twenty years ago, I 'm not taking sides either way in this.

However, by googling I can find one company specifically offering 'Maya Bay sleep aboard tours', stating: "arrive at Maya Bay before sunset and transport everyone over to the beach by small boat or long tail." This is after they state that Maya Bay is closed June to September.

It seems you need to be on Phi Phi to start with, in order to go on this tour.

Now I wouldn't know if there is some quota for visitors and this company can do this, or whether the park rangers won't be there at night to check?

Don't flame me in this, but check it out yourselves - there may well be more than one company offering the same.

I'm not obviously adding a link, as I think TVF rules don't allow it, but searching 'maya bay' it was the fourth entry on the results page, a company specifically offering Maya Bay tours.

I think you are being somewhat literal here.

Yes, they call it a Maya Bay tour, but it is a liveaboard tour boat that visits several beaches, caves and snorkeling spots as part of their itinerary. Maya Bay is just one stop. The tour is touted with the name of the most famous beach in SEA to attract the punters. They can't spend the night on that beach. Whether they can still sell it with their main attraction closed remains to be seen.

Read the whole thing and watch their video.

http://www.mayabaytours.com/sleepaboard-trekksoft

20 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I think you are being somewhat literal here.

Yes, they call it a Maya Bay tour, but it is a liveaboard tour boat that visits several beaches, caves and snorkeling spots as part of their itinerary. Maya Bay is just one stop. The tour is touted with the name of the most famous beach in SEA to attract the punters. They can't spend the night on that beach. Whether they can still sell it with their main attraction closed remains to be seen.

Read the whole thing and watch their video.

http://www.mayabaytours.com/sleepaboard-trekksoft

OK, that's fair enough, as I say I know nothing about the location at all.

Yes, they mentioned other beaches, but the way I read it, I thought they almost glossed over the other beaches to get to the Maya Bay tour, as that's is what they're touting.

Originally when I was looking at the page, the video started playing and I paused it, as I thought it was just music along with some shots of the tour. After your comment I watched it again hoping there might be some narration, but not. I saw the clips, but wouldn't know where they were taken anyway.

Thanks for replying.