Suspending car insurance

Any know if you can suspend your car insurance for 3 months? I have No. 1 insurance with viriyah insurance company and I am going back to the UK for 3 months and the car will be parked up inside secure location. It will save me quite a bit of money and there's no need for that level of insurance while it's not on the road.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm not sure about suspending it but you can cancel it and get cash back based on the number of days remaining. We cancelled an insurance 3-4 months into it due to a new car purchase and the refunded amount was based on days. 91st day gets 50% back for example.  We got back 8500 from a 16000 policy. We then got a better deal at axa. 13500 so the loss was minimal and service included breakdown cover nationwide which viriya did not include in our policy.

3 hours ago, transam said:

But what if it does get stolen, or another ride whacks it, or "another person" is secretly using it and trashes it...?

Agree. I can also confirm that dogs are capable of chewing away at any electrical cabling located under the engine. 

Archived