Transfer of Stamps to New Passport - Tourist Visa and Extension

I entered Thailand in early March with a tourist visa I had obtained at a Thai consulate and was stamped in for 60 days. In early May, I went to immigration in Bangkok (Chaeng Watthana office) to extend my permission of stay by 30 days.

In mid May, I applied for a new passport at my country's embassy in Bangkok because of running out of empty pages, which I received this week. As of now, I have my old (cancelled) passport with the Thai entry and extension stamps, my new (blank) passport and a letter for immigration signed and stamped by my embassy.

My question: I'm due to fly out from Don Mueang Airport one day before my extended permission of stay will expire. Can I go straight to the airport with both passports and the embassy letter, or do I need to visit the Chaeng Watthana immigration office once again to have the stamps transferred before my flight out?

I've read a number of old threads and I'm unsure if the extension I've received means that a stamp transfer at the airport won't be possible. I got the impression that this only applies to long-term extensions, not to a 30 days extension for a tourist visa stay, but I wanted to double-check with the experts here. Thank you.

36 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Can I go straight to the airport with both passports and the embassy letter

Yes.

Hand over both passports to the IO on exit. They will transfer the necessary stamps to the new passport, and stamp you out of the country in the new passport. 

• Thanks 2