Changi Airport lounges

I have to spend about 7 hours at Changi airport, and being quite physically restricted i have had it suggested to me to try one of the  special lounges which you pay for.

Showers,food and somewhere to lie down apparently are available.

Any first hand recent experiences and knowledge would be appreciated.

Can you leave your baggage anywhere whilst waiting for check in,so i don't have keep it with me?

Arriving Air Asia departing Emirates,so no baggage flow available as far as i know,i have to pick it up from AA carousel and keep it with me until check in time i figure.

Any seasoned travellers have any advice please?

if you don't pick up your bags, they are taken to the unclaimed luggage point in the center of the massive carousel area.  it's still inside the restricted zone of course, and has an attendant 24 hours.  no problem leaving your bags there until you are ready to pick up bags, go through immigration, then to counter to get your next boarding pass, and back in through immigration.

i've many times flown into changi around 6pm and stayed airside until the next morning.  there are a couple of free quiet lounges, low lighting, no tv speakers, and recliners.  most of my stuff is checked, just have a small bag with toiletries and valuables.  (i'm thinking lounges are in E section, one around gate E12, the other at the end of the hall).

my baggage was often a bicycle box and one large duffel bag of riding gear.   i would have dinner in one of the fine restaurants, catch a movie or two, use the internet on one of the thousands of public terminals, sleep in the lounge, then at 5am go through immigration (<3mins no lines), pick up bags, back in, quick breakfast, catch 8am flight to bkk.

changi has a good website with loads of info, and the staff will respond to emails. 

• Like 2