IELTS A1 or B!

Im planning on making a UK settlement application for my Thai wife later this year and feel now is the time to get some things in order.

I have a few questions.   

Should i get my wife to try a B1 or A1 test.?   She speaks better than average english and we have been married nearly 10 years.

I believe the test is valid for 2 years and i wonder how much harder the B1 test  is over the A1. We have looked online and B1 seems reasonably 

simple but has anyone had any experience of the B1 test, good or bad?  It seems if we do the B1 it makes life easier in the UK .

Also how long after the TB test is taken is the result valid for?

Many Thanks in advance.

If she takes the test in Thailand it has to be IELTS Life Skills, A1 or B1.  In the B1 she has to give a short talk (about 1.5 minutes), answer 3 Listening questions, then discuss and plan something with a partner.  The test is around 22 minutes.  It's easy enough if she has reasonable English but it also tests her interaction skills.  

A1 is very simple.  Just easy questions about her, asking her partner some questions on a given topic, 3 easy Listenings and a short discussion.  It takes a maximum of 18 minutes.

She can do both tests at IDP or British Council in Bangkok.