Frequent Travel & 90 Day Report

JimmerJJ

Hello I travel frequently to other SE Asia countries.  I am on a 1 year Retirement visa with multiple entry and so I have to report every 90 days to a Thai Immigration Office that does 90 Day Reports.  However I also know that if I leave Thailand and re-enter before my 90 day report is due then that resets the clock so my next report would be 90 days after the re-entry date on my arrival/departure card.    My last report to an actual Thai Immigration office was in September but since then I have left Thailand and re-entered about 5 times.  I think theoretically if I traveled almost every month outside Thailand and re-entered I could go all year until my 1 year visa is up.  Is there a limit on how many times you can do that (leave Thailand and have the 90 day report date start over)?   Thank you for any information you can give me.

2nd Question:  Does Thai Immigration keep track somehow of your comings and goings in and out of Thailand? I save all my arrival/departure cards for prooof of my travels plus of course it's stamped in my passport.

Edited by JimmerJJ
add 2nd question

1. You need to do a 90 day report when you have stayed in the Country for 90 consecutive days or more. If not, you don't.

1a. You can do the 90 day report from 14 days before the due date until 7 days past. 

1b. This doesn't mean you can leave at day 97 and not do it. (see rule 1)

2. Of course. It is all in the computer with all the entry and exit pictures. If it is a quiet day at the airport, ask the immigration officer to see how you changed over the years ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...