Nobody told Pattaya Tuesday was World Environment Day

snoop1130

5 hours ago, hobobo said:

Identify the "unnamed tourist" in the picture, fine him, deport him and blacklist him for 10 years! That should teach him about mocking the World Environment Day!

Are you the DPM in disguise (or hiso, elitist, rich or any other form of "I don't care" personage)? :whistling:       ?

One stupid issue is that it is not compulsory for homes (30 baht monthly) and businesses to pay the local charge for rubbish collection, so many don't pay and just dump the rubbish around the corner!

Hardly surprising as Pattaya just does not seem to have proper waste disposal or recycling facilities .  No one seems to know where to dispose of items that the "bin men" do not take ie gardening/household/building /oils etc waste !!  So it's all "fly tipped"  and there is no policing / cameras / big fines to make offenders think twice .  Na Jomtien is a classic example where just a few hundred metres from the Police Station , fly tipping is rife (as the photographs by johng show)There are luxury Condo's being built nearby - why can't Pattaya get a grip on the environment ( pollution both of land and sea, fly tipping  , plastic bags , noise , sewage , air /water quality included )

• Like 1

He suggested that CCTV be set up in the area to trap the miscreants and make them pay for the clean-up.

Or just get the BiB to do night shift out on the road?

I'm in Nakhon Pathom from 6pm to 6am you don't see a policeman anywhere.. unless they're called to a situation...

They're all holed up in the station drinking & watching channel 7 drama!

7 hours ago, johng said:

Sorry you wont get an answer...because  there simply is no official dump site in the Pattaya area

even the council  has to move  rubbish from a temporary (overflowing) collection station  to a site in Rayong.

hard to blame people dumping stuff all over then

I've never seen a Thai "waste disposal site" having any resemblance to a landfill. They are just dumps without the machines to handle the waste to any International standard. I've seen much better waste management in Africa.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, a977 said:

If Pattaya had a reliable rubbish contractor, one who actually knows a thing or two about waste disposal, instead of a mate of a mate who happens to know someone on council who has a mate whose bank account needs replenishing, then this waste problem that Pattaya is having would not be occurring.  Council also needs to get off it's lazy arse and check on all these road side and mobile vendors, eg: do they all have permits, are their motorcycles registered, if not why not. With yesterdays wind on Soi Bukhaow many mobile carts were having their plastic bags blown off, did they stop and pick up NO way. I would bet that 99% of venders do not have permits , so fine them and kick them off the streets solves 2 problems eliminates the waste problem that these people create and frees up the roads and footpaths so they can be used for the purpose they were designed for. 

footpaths   --   soi buakhow  ????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cookieqw said:

footpaths   --   soi buakhow  ????

Yes there are footpaths in Soi Bukhaow you just have to move all the illegal vendors and enact the encroachment laws. But hang on the police and City hall are too busy counting brown envelopes, Well we'll just have to take our lives in our hands and  walk on the road 

Month ago, someone (I surmise is from the council) did clean up the trash. But after removing few trucks of trash. They simply pile the trash up and left. Then people start dumping all those furniture mattress, construction waste every night again. 

C367A683-419A-47A2-B095-BCF6A6786151.jpeg

On 6/6/2018 at 8:55 AM, a977 said:

If Pattaya had a reliable rubbish contractor, one who actually knows a thing or two about waste disposal, instead of a mate of a mate who happens to know someone on council who has a mate whose bank account needs replenishing, then this waste problem that Pattaya is having would not be occurring.  Council also needs to get off it's lazy arse and check on all these road side and mobile vendors, eg: do they all have permits, are their motorcycles registered, if not why not. With yesterdays wind on Soi Bukhaow many mobile carts were having their plastic bags blown off, did they stop and pick up NO way. I would bet that 99% of venders do not have permits , so fine them and kick them off the streets solves 2 problems eliminates the waste problem that these people create and frees up the roads and footpaths so they can be used for the purpose they were designed for. 

Do not fine them or kick them off the streets. It's their livelihood.  Just educate and train them. Big business does far more environmental damage so I suggest you reserve your hate for them.

On 6/6/2018 at 8:58 AM, johng said:

errm ohh well they kinda cleared this one up  looks like they'll be yet another condo there instead ?

1728076454_P_20180609_115508(Large).jpg.9953477cb298e81f7ed9431d97b3f70b.jpg

7 minutes ago, johng said:

errm ohh well they kinda cleared this one up  looks like they'll be yet another condo there instead ?

1728076454_P_20180609_115508(Large).jpg.9953477cb298e81f7ed9431d97b3f70b.jpg

Wonderful foundation base - NOT! Some poor suckers will buy into it :sad: