Non-Imm O - Updating Bank Book & Letter for Confirmation of Funds from the Bank

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has already been answered many times already, I did do a quick search but couldn't find a definitive answer so thought it best to ask...

I have a Bangkok Bank account in Bangkok & am going to apply for my Non-O Imm visa on the basis of being over 50 in Penang so need to get the Bank Book updated & a letter of confirmation of funds from the Bank.

Can I get this done from any Bangkok Bank Branch or do I need to go into my branch (Opposite Interchange 21)?

My reason for asking is my mate is having a birthday trip to Phuket at the end of the month so if I can do it then it saves me having to visit Bangkok on my way to Penang.

Thanks

MTV

Edited by Mike Teavee

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You don’t have to get the letter from your own branch, any branch can go it, whether a branch will do it depends on that branch.

Thanks but any thoughts on getting the "Bank Book" updated ?

To be honest, the last time I had to do that was 45 years ago when my Grandma put some money in a Halifax Building Society account for my birthday.. Was a tough life being 7 ?

Edited by Mike Teavee

8 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

You can update your bank book at one of the machines. Most bank branches have them.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/WaysYouCanBank/ATMsAndSelfService/PUM/Pages/PassbookUpdate.aspx

Edit to add: I think the counter staff at any branch can update your book.

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

You should make a deposit or withdrawal just before updating the passbook to show the balance is current. You can update the passbook over the counter in any branch or using one of the machines.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, elviajero said:

You should make a deposit or withdrawal just before updating the passbook to show the balance is current. You can update the passbook over the counter in any branch or using one of the machines.

Thanks EJ... Will transfer some SGD$ over to cover my spends before I visit & withdraw it just before I go into the branch to get the passbook updated.

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

You can update your bank book at one of the machines. Most bank branches have them.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/WaysYouCanBank/ATMsAndSelfService/PUM/Pages/PassbookUpdate.aspx

Edit to add: I think the counter staff at any branch can update your book.

Thanks @Chickenslegs - As a bit of a Noob you read so much (usually) bad advice that makes it sound like you have to go to THAT Branch to use THAT ATM, so I really do appreciate the advice & guidance the TV folks are taking their time to share with me/us.

Have a great weekend guys ?

10 hours ago, elviajero said:

Is it really necessary to make a prior deposit or withdrawal? I recall an occasion when I stuck my BBL passbook into an updating machine, which then printed out a further line confirming the previous balance under the code "B/F".  Would this not suffice for Immigraton purposes?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Is it really necessary to make a prior deposit or withdrawal? I recall an occasion when I stuck my BBL passbook into an updating machine, which then printed out a further line confirming the previous balance under the code "B/F".  Would this not suffice for Immigraton purposes?

I guess not but just as easy to send myself some spends over & withdraw the cash than go to the money changer ?

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I guess not but just as easy to send myself some spends over & withdraw the cash than go to the money changer ?

Hopefully the attachment will clarify for you (and others) what I was getting at!?

Passbook.pdf

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

One way or another immigration want to see that the date of last entry in the passbook is recent. I would have thought a B/F balance, as long as it’s dated, would be accepted.

• Like 2