Pattaya police round up ladyboys and another thief in two theft cases

webfact

Pattaya police round up ladyboys and another thief in two theft cases

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch announced the arrest of three people in two theft cases from tourists at the resort.

One remains at large.

In the first case a man originally from Bangkok called Suphaprik Naepphimai, 28, was arrested at Niran Condo in Central Pattaya with a bag containing the possessions of a Korean tourist.

The tourist had been robbed at Makro in North Pattaya.

In the bag were many items including keys, an amulet and a license. The suspect said he had already spent the cash.

In a second case two lady boys called Phuchong Loimankhong, 23, and Somboon Phaengsawan, 28, were arrested for theft from a Japanese tourist on Walking Street, South Pattaya.

Along with a third man, who is still at large, they approached the tourist and stole from him.

The third man is Lickit (or Lin) Chatthirat, 26, for whom an arrest warrant has now been issued.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-08

1 hour ago, LazySlipper said:

Glad to see they are calling the ladyboys "men"... cos that's what they are no matter what!

Always have suspicions about such vehement protestations. 

A crime is a crime yes.

The gender or otherwise doesnt and never should come intp the equation regarding the perp.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

"a man originally from Bangkok called Suphaprik ............ The third man is Lickit "

You just could not make these names up!  image.gif.ea3084491f051a315951916b87321433.gifimage.gif.ea3084491f051a315951916b87321433.gif

Ooh you are naughty, but i like it.?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Glad to see they are calling the ladyboys "men"... cos that's what they are no matter what!

9 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Always have suspicions about such vehement protestations. 

A crime is a crime yes.

The gender or otherwise doesnt and never should come intp the equation regarding the perp.

It may seem cynical but the great majority of these "transgenders" here seem to find themselves involved in some criminal activity or other.......I wonder why is that :sad:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The manic said:

There is no reason to mention their gender identity in such headlines. It stirs hate and prejudice against a group who are generally harmless and work in many areas of Thai life and culture. The perpetrators were criminal and thieves.  The fact they were lady boys is irrelevant and sensationalist, hate mongering.

You sound like a dramaqueen...errrrr I mean dramaperson, errrrr, or are we not allowed to use that either by your nonsensical guidelines?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, The manic said:

There is no reason to mention their gender identity in such headlines. It stirs hate and prejudice against a group who are generally harmless and work in many areas of Thai life and culture. The perpetrators were criminal and thieves.  The fact they were lady boys is irrelevant and sensationalist, hate mongering.

while personally i do not hold prejudice for any group, race or religion it is likely a solid statistically backed fact that pattaya has a higher than average ladyboy crime rate likely because pattaya attracts more thai and international criminals. if the incident is about non thai criminals is it also wrong to mention their background?

if the story simply said human criminals and thieves would it not create hate mongering against mankind? aka human race

• Like 2

6 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Nice looking police lady in the yellow top.

Why are there seven policemen on parade for the photo?  Were they all involved in the arrest?  Who is the yellow-topped lady?  Why are the thieves allowed to hide their identity? So many questions.

6 hours ago, The manic said:

Ridiculous, they are a big problem in Patt’s, but if you ? enjoy, up to you

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why are there seven policemen on parade for the photo?  Were they all involved in the arrest?  Who is the yellow-topped lady?  Why are the thieves allowed to hide their identity? So many questions.

That must be Big Joke's looooovely side kick must have been on holidays.  My Mrs Palmer and 5 daughters will be so happy she's back ooooooooh!

On 6/8/2018 at 11:17 AM, The manic said:

I have to agree with you. Sincerely...

My gripe with these chaps is that they want to be called women but many of them act as thugs and despite the over-generalization on my part this behavior brings out prejudice in my way of seeing them.

Does the exception make the rule? It does... at 7/11 close to my house there is a really nice ladyboy. But I still cannot bring myself around to calling him a she.

I often condemn Thai visa for writing headlines that just set people up for biased and prejudiced comments, unfortunately I am human and succumbed to the temptation to gripe.

• Like 1

The headline is ambiguous and would never have been published by a professional newsroom, regardless of the feelings about katoeys. It's saying that ALL ladyboys are thieves -- look at it again if you can't see that. I have no love of the aggressive, in-your-face klatoeys, and I agree that Pattaya has an over-abundance of the worst ones, but there is a need for balance and objectivity when presenting news if you want to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 3:50 PM, petermik said:

It may seem cynical but the great majority of these "transgenders" here seem to find themselves involved in some criminal activity or other.......I wonder why is that 

Not true at all.  Most of them lead productive lives.  We just hear more about the bad ones.  Not unlike the rest of media coverage focusing on whatever will attract the most clicks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, impulse said:

Not true at all.  Most of them lead productive lives.  We just hear more about the bad ones.  Not unlike the rest of media coverage focusing on whatever will attract the most clicks.

Here in Pattaya the "productive lives"  mostly centres round criminal activity....sad but true :sad:

3 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

The headline is ambiguous and would never have been published by a professional newsroom, regardless of the feelings about katoeys. It's saying that ALL ladyboys are thieves -- look at it again if you can't see that. I have no love of the aggressive, in-your-face klatoeys, and I agree that Pattaya has an over-abundance of the worst ones, but there is a need for balance and objectivity when presenting news if you want to be taken seriously.

Agree. There would be many more pages here if the headline read

' Police round up British citizens and one other thief ............'

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, petermik said:

Here in Pattaya the "productive lives"  mostly centres round criminal activity....sad but true 

I am no fan of the aggressive ladyboys that try to grope me every time I'm in certain sections of Pattaya.  But I'd be curious to see how the numbers shake out in terms of percentages. 

Like any tourist area all over the world, Pattaya draws its share of takers looking to harvest easy tourist cash, by hook or by crook.  But I'd be surprised if they represent the majority of any subset of Thai's.

That said, I've been surprised before.