Pattaya Fireworks Festival lights up the night sky

rooster59

Pattaya Fireworks Festival lights up the night sky

34815528_1919136811440577_4792827243388731392_n.jpg

Image: Sophon Cable TV

Sophon Cable TV reported that beach road in the central Pattaya area was packed solid as Thai and foreign tourists thronged the area for the much awaited Pattaya International Fireworks Festival 2018 that began last night.

Chonburi governor Phakrathorn Thianchai and Pattaya Mayor Anan Charoenchasri jointly opened the spectacular event.

Brazil and Italy went first setting off fireworks from barges in the bay.

The bands Play Ground and Big Ass performed before teams from Sweden and England let off their fireworks. 

Sophon said that today (Saturday) will again be the turn of Brazil and Italy first before a performance by band Modern Dog.

Following that Sweden and England will perform again before the anticipated crowd will be entertained by band 25 Hours. 

No mention was made of a Thai fireworks team or other nationalities in the Sophon story on Facebook.

Source: Sophon Cable TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-09

Pattaya set for more fireworks on Saturday

By The Nation

Visitors will be treated to a spectacular show of fireworks over the Pattaya beach for the second consecutive night on Saturday.

The show will be part of the Pattaya International Fireworks Festival 2018 that began at 8pm on Friday night.

Chon Buri Governor Phakkarathorn Thianchai and Pattaya mayor Anan Charoenchasri presided over the ceremony to launch the festival, which saw huge crowds of Thais and foreigners flock to the Pattaya beach roads.

Among the shows on Friday night were fireworks from Brazil and Italy to the cheers of tourists. There were concerts before the Friday night shows ended with fireworks from Sweden and the UK.

More fireworks from the four countries will light up the sky on Saturday night together with concerts from Modern Dog and 25 Hours bands.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347343

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-09

I want to see this tonight....Does anyone know at what time they start shooting off the fireworks ??   I am guessing  around  9:00 ??
I would get there earlier than that about now actually just getting dark...there will be lots of people traffic horrendous...parking phffff ! I'm staying home.

2 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

Traffic blocked from Beach Road. The main stage is on the beach at the end of Pattaya Klang. The music is loud - I could feel the bass in my chest.

Glad i  stay in central Thailand ??

I attended both nights. It was MUCH busier tonight (Saturday) than yesterday. It took quite a while to push through the crowd near the concert stage to get out. On the second night, the speakers on the right side were totally out of sync with the main stage speakers, which really spoiled the presentation. I was hoping the sound engineers would have fixed it after the first show, but no, that's expecting too much.

Edited by tropo

2 hours ago, John Egil said:

Glad i  stay in central Thailand ??

That's a strange comment. If the traffic on 2 nights of the year bothers you, you just stay at home - problem solved. That's no reason to hide in Central Thailand.

It was a spectacular show and worth a bit of inconvenience due to traffic.

12 hours ago, johng said:
12 hours ago, how241 said:
I want to see this tonight....Does anyone know at what time they start shooting off the fireworks ??   I am guessing  around  9:00 ??

I would get there earlier than that about now actually just getting dark...there will be lots of people traffic horrendous...parking phffff ! I'm staying home.

Why bother? heard in a bar last night"Can have a fireworks display anytime in Pattaya, just tell the Ladyboy he needs a shave, then you will get all the fireworks you can handle" ha ha.