Need tyre recommendation

Hi

For the first time in a long time (and first ever in Thailand) I need to buy a set of 4 tyres for a Toyota Hilux 2012 model. 265/70 R16

I see the expensive Bridgestone and the mid price Goodyear/Hankook etc, and the cheap Maxxis, a set varying from 25k down to around 12k.

What brand would you recommend I don't go near and would you recommend or otherwise the COCKPIT chain? Is negotiating the price down allowed? Maybe a silly question but can I trust all tyres are from the original manufacturer or can they fake tyres too?

Finally finally does anyone know the minimum tread depth allowed before the tyre is illegal?

Thanks

B-quik and Cockpit have fixed prices, l know that B-quik have monthly promotions which you can read on their website, the staff are issued with the same info on spread sheets to refer too every month...

I fitted B-quik's Thunderer cheapo tyres on the Vigo, very happy with them, they have the "E" mark on the sidewall to show they are EU approved...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the same size on a slightly older Triton. Originals were Dunlop Grand Trek either AT1s or PT1s  which I was very happy with. I changed them about 18 months ago and went with PT2s as they had replaced whatever I had. The PT3s had recently come out so I got a reasonable deal.

Noise, wear and handling seem ok to me.

I would decide on brand/type and then check prices at your local tyre places as well as the chains you mentioned. I saved a few bob in this way :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1

I would go to the B-Quick and/or Cockpit website and search your tire size and check prices. Figure out what you want before you get there, and take a printout with you.

What kind of driving do you do and how much do you drive?

If you’re driving mostly around town, just buy the cheapest tire that fit and look okay.

Saw a new “Rocco” still on the transport with white letter tires...are they making a comeback?