Thai passport - not PR or citizenship

Hi All

A long term resident friend recently told me there is a method to getting a Thai passport that is not the same as PR or citizenship. I was not aware of such a possibility.

1. Would like to ask forum experts here if such a thing exists.

2. Assuming no, I would like to recommendations for agencies or lawyers to assist with applying for PR (I have been here 20 years on a variety of work visas)

Thanks,

Pretty sure you have to have held PR for 10 years before you can apply for citizenship and a Thai passport.

For PR you must hold extensions of stay for 3 years and must still have when you apply..

Limited to 100 applicants from each nation per year.

57 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Pretty sure you have to have held PR for 10 years before you can apply for citizenship and a Thai passport.

For PR you must hold extensions of stay for 3 years and must still have when you apply..

Limited to 100 applicants from each nation per year.

Thanks - that was my understanding precisely too

10 hours ago, drbrit said:

A long term resident friend recently told me there is a method to getting a Thai passport that is not the same as PR or citizenship.

Without Thai citizenship the only thing a person could get is a "Travel Document for Aliens".

See:http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4909/15376-ISSUANCE-OF-TRAVEL-DOCUMENT-FOR-ALIENS-(TD).html

Issued for.

Aliens who are granted permanent residence in Thailand and have been denied by their own government in issuing passport or travel document
Stateless persons
Aliens who are granted permanent residence in Thailand under a special ten-million investment programme

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

To apply for naturalisation as a Thai citizen then you must have held PR for five years, or if you are married to a Thai, you can apply if you have three calendar years of non-stop employment with a work permit and income tax receipts.

11 minutes ago, Mattd said:

To apply for naturalisation as a Thai citizen then you must have held PR for five years, or if you are married to a Thai, you can apply if you have three calendar years of non-stop employment with a work permit and income tax receipts.

As long as you have had extensions of stay to support the WP.

A multi entry visa, O or B or whatever and WP even for 3 years is not considered