Golf courses

bkk6060

There has got to be a golf thread here someplace.  Could not find it, but transfer this if there is.

I played Mae Jo this morning before the big rain hit.  Teed off at 630 am done by 9 am.

What a beautiful pro style course in great condition.  Many dog legs, lots of lakes and the greens were very quick.

Lost 2 balls and shot an 87. 1700 b for everything (including cart) with resident card plus caddie tip.

I thought that price was decent for the quality and definitely recommend it.

18 holes in 2 1/2 hours?  That is fast driving for sure.  I presume you played alone coz i know hardly anyone who wants to play, or can play, that fast. 

But can agree MaeJo in super condition these days, and the ponds are full of water. 

22 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

18 holes in 2 1/2 hours?  That is fast driving for sure.  I presume you played alone coz i know hardly anyone who wants to play, or can play, that fast. 

But can agree MaeJo in super condition these days, and the ponds are full of water. 

Yes alone.  There was one group in front but passed them and sailed through. 

I stopped playing in my home country got tired of the 5-6 hour rounds.  Lousy golfers who think they are playing in the US open. Generally it seems golfers play faster here, but not sure if that is true.

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

. Generally it seems golfers play faster here, but not sure if that is true.

Huh, wait until you get stuck behind a 5 or 6 ball of heavy gambling hi so Thai golfers...?and you can't play through because your caddy won't let you and anyway there's another large group in front of them!

On a brighter note here's the info for Royal Chiang Mai golf club who have a great 1500 baht (800 baht for Thai resident) promotion until the end of June - http://www.royalchiangmai.com/

Regards,

Joe

16 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Huh, wait until you get stuck behind a 5 or 6 ball of heavy gambling hi so Thai golfers...?and you can't play through because your caddy won't let you and anyway there's another large group in front of them!

On a brighter note here's the info for Royal Chiang Mai golf club who have a great 1500 baht (800 baht for Thai resident) promotion until the end of June - http://www.royalchiangmai.com/

Regards,

Joe

I always play early and never have a problem with that.

But you are right, my buddy ran into that at Thai Navy in Pattaya. In fact they made him change courses after he had teed off.

Don't drink too much the night before, get up and play early never an issue.

Another course I liked was Summit Green Valley.  Played it a few weeks ago very nice but a few of the fairways were torn up.  I think it was 1900 b inclusive.

Archived