Fighting For Our Rights In Thailand!

Samran you always twist words. Foreigners can not get scholarship to Thai universities, like Thais can get scholarships to study in the west. I am not taking about handing out money to study, I am taking about earning your way based on grades. You make stupid statements like you are totally uneducated samran. USA's motto is a country of immigrants it has nothing to do with the wiping out of the native american population. Dr. Patpong , No you are wrong I love Thailand but I want us foreigners to have more rights and to open up their society. Samran, scholarships does not mean just handing out money to study. You needs to have good grades to get a scholarship. The basic point is Thailand's

university system is racist against foreigners. I mean you need a Thai ID to go to Chula. You need to be properly reeducated samran.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRIT; Thailand is all racist towards everyone,even the hill tribes that have been here for century's, so whats your point.

If you want to be equal to a Thai,then you will have to do it somewhere else as it will never happen here. and if you don't like it,then stay away from here,as we don't need no none raising ###### and making it worse.

Most of us mind our own business and get along fine,but if you start to raise ###### then it will make it hard for all of us.

If you want to demonstrate for equal rights then do it in Brit. or the USA ,but stay away from here,,OK

If you want to be equal to a Thai,then you will have to do it somewhere else as it will never happen here. and if you don't like it,then stay away from here,as we don't need no none raising ###### and making it worse.

Couldn't agree more.

You DO NOT have much in the way of rights here, and you NEVER WILL!!

Leave sleeping dogs etc......

Thank you for agreeing with me. I respect your opinions, but I strongly disagree. We don't need to protest in USA or UK because the rights are already there. We need to do it here. They can't lock us up or ban us for just protesting because it is against the Thai constitiution to do that. They do have fredom of speech and freedom of expression here you should all know this. It is in the Thai constitution. Yes, there are poorer economies in Asia that have less foreign investment than Thailand because is more developed then these countries. Malaysia has more investment then Thailand. Malaysia's economy is more foreign investment friendly than Thailand except in tourism, which Thailand rules that.

Samran you always twist words.
Thats cause your arguments have holes that I can fly a 747 through.
Foreigners can not get scholarship to Thai universities, like Thais can get scholarships to study in the west. I am not taking about handing out money to study, I am taking about earning your way based on grades.

Has is ever occured to you, just for a moment in that pea sized brain of yours, that the Thai government is simply underfunded, and there may not be enough money to attract westerners to study in Thailand in the first place.

You make stupid statements like you are totally uneducated samran.
I just like making life h3ll for people like you.
USA's motto is a country of immigrants it has nothing to do with the wiping out of the native american population.

Learn to read, I made no such statments.

Dr. Patpong , No you are wrong I love Thailand but I want us foreigners to have more rights and to open up their society.
Everyone in Thailand is subject to the same set of laws (except immigration rules and some property/ownership rights). Like everywhere, the law is an ass and sometimes requires deep pockets to make it work for them. Farangs have more rights in Thailand than probably the average Thai has when you look at it this way.
Samran, scholarships does not mean just handing out money to study. You needs to have good grades to get a scholarship.

You wouldn't know what good grades were.

The basic point is Thailand's university system is racist against foreigners. I mean you need a Thai ID to go to Chula.
Thai uni's accept international students. Check out their websites if you don't beleive me. I personally know many foreigners from Cambodia and Loas who were educated in Thailand.

The thai system gives free or subsidied to education to its citizens. Just like most countries. I need an Australian passport to get cheaper entry into my current university. Whats the difference????

But I know what you are trying to improperly imply. For the record, I support 110% the rights of the people in the border regions who have been unfarily stripped of their citizenship.

What I don't support is lowest common denominator scum sex tourist scum from getting an express lane to citizenship when there are so many foreigners committed to Thailand who deserve it more.

You need to be properly reeducated samran.

Why? So I can end up like you?

It looks like another britainmal vs samran match again. Actually, you said "Thailand does not have money to

lure foreigners to study

here."

NONSENSE samran, they have money to pay for pay for Liverpool. Yes. I know foreigners can study here, but not

all universiites accomdate foreigners like the west

it has nothing to do with money. Why did the vietnam male from Nakon Sawoon need Thai citizenship to get into Chula. because he passed the entrance, but was denied entry because he was not Thai citizenship. Finally, all foreigners that contribrite to Thailand including the males who go to patpong should have citizenship because let's not forget Thai's males are the same as foreigner males when it comes to prostittion. Foreigners do not have the same rignts as foreigners, They can not ownland or vote and are restricted to certain jobs. So, stop lieing samran that foreigners have the same rights. You

are the one who doesn't know you head from your arse.

Samran you always twist words. Foreigners can not get scholarship to Thai universities, like Thais can get scholarships to study in the west. I am not taking about handing out money to study, I am taking about earning your way based on grades. You make stupid statements like you are totally uneducated samran. USA's motto is a country of immigrants it has nothing to do with the wiping out of the native american population. Dr. Patpong , No you are wrong I love Thailand but I want us foreigners to have more rights and to open up their society. Samran, scholarships does not mean just handing out money to study. You needs to have good grades to get a scholarship. The basic point is Thailand's

university system is racist against foreigners. I mean you need a Thai ID to go to Chula. You need to be properly reeducated samran.

Brit, I went to Chulalongkorn Uni coz I had the grades and I could afford the tally of the tape. I do not have a Thai ID card

It looks like another britainmal vs samran match again.
Pretty one-sided match. Me: Australia, you: Zimbabwe, or maybe the West Wagga under 12's third XI (at best)
Actually, you said "Thailand does not have money to lure foreigners to study here."

I see you learnt to read a little since we last met. Next time I'll teach you how to use the quote function...much more civilized.

NONSENSE samran, they have money to pay for pay for Liverpool.
Um, actually, no Thailand doesn't have the money to buy liverpool. Which is why the idea is stupid to begin with.

Again you assume that a Thai with an opinion = Thaksin supporter

Yes. I know foreigners can study here, but not all universiites accomdate foreigners like the west it has nothing to do with money. 

Then why did you say that you need an Thai ID card to study in a Thai uni? You can't have your flimsy argument both ways.

Why did the vietnam male from Nakon Sawoon need Thai citizenship to get into Chula. because he passed the entrance, but was denied entry because he was not Thai citizenship 
I assume becasuse he tried to apply for a position which are reserved for local citizens, which was paid for by Thai government.

Again, though, do not try and imply that I actually support what happened. This guys deserves to have Thai nationality. Unlike others I know......

Finally, all foreigners that contribrite to Thailand including the males who go to patpong should have citizenship because let's not forget Thai's males are the same as foreigner males when it comes to prostittion

Now there is a well formed argument....... Are you a lawyer?

Foreigners do not have the same rignts as foreigners, They can not ownland or vote and are restricted to certain jobs. So, stop lieing samran that foreigners have the same rights.
ahhh, you have forgotten how to read again. I held out so much hope for you!

Look back at my last post, I actually said "Everyone in Thailand is subject to the same set of laws (except immigration rules and some property/ownership rights)"

So you can't vote as well as a non-citizen. Now that is something most countries don't do!!!

You are the one who doesn't know you head from your arse.

I'm have been told that I have a pretty cute arse. :o

It looks like another britainmal vs samran match again. Actually, you said "Thailand does not have money to

lure foreigners to study

here."

NONSENSE samran, they have money to pay for pay for Liverpool. Yes. I know foreigners can study here, but not

all universiites accomdate foreigners like the west

it has nothing to do with money. Why did the vietnam male from Nakon Sawoon need Thai citizenship to get into Chula. because he passed the entrance, but was denied entry because he was not Thai citizenship. Finally, all foreigners that contribrite to Thailand including the males who go to patpong should have citizenship because let's not forget Thai's males are the same as foreigner males when it comes to prostittion. Foreigners do not have the same rignts as foreigners, They can not ownland or vote and are restricted to certain jobs. So, stop lieing samran that foreigners have the same rights. You

are the one who doesn't know you head from your arse.

Why ... oh why do you persist staying here in this distasteful place. Nick off and see if Blair invites you in for a drink as you whine in Downing Street

Brit, you are making the rest of us Brits ashamed. One thing you have done is reminded me why I left the place 10 years ago. I recommend Spain or Ibiza - there are pubs there selling beer you recognise and I'm sure the locals respect you as you charge around in your union jack singlet.

Please read carefully, type carefully, and present a reasoned argument. Or give up.

"Pretty one-sided match. Me: Australia, you: Zimbabwe, or maybe the West Wagga under 12's third XI (at best"

I don't think so, you just seem like defending the government policies in anyway just like a government arse kisser. You just say stuff to defend the government in anyway.[color=purple

"Um, actually, no Thailand doesn't have the money to buy liverpool. Which is why the idea is stupid to begin with.

Again you assume that a Thai with an opinion = Thaksin supporter"

No, I don't assume any Thai is a Thaksin supporter. The governemnt has the money ,but they spend it on the wrong things. The money the government wants to spend on Liverpool could be used to tackle poverty. "I see you learnt to read a little since we last met. Next time I'll teach you how to use the quote function...much more civilized."

Actually, Thailand

Does have the money to lure foreigners to study here. Read your facts.

"I assume becasuse he tried to apply for a position which are reserved for local citizens, which was paid for by Thai government.

Again, though, do not try and imply that I actually support what happened. This guys deserves to have Thai nationality. Unlike others I know......"

When you assume Samran you are an arse. He did not apply for a position, he was a mattayom six graduate, he was applying to chula as a student and he could not attend because he did not have a Thai ID card. He should have been a Thai citizen years ago this show how racist the the Thai govenrment is. I said, Chula University you obviously need a Thai ID to study; not all universities in Thailand. I need to teach you what a quote is."Finally, all foreigners that contribrite to Thailand including the males who go to patpong should have citizenship because let's not forget Thai's males are the same as foreigner males when it comes to prostittion"

"Now there is a well formed argument....... Are you a lawyer? "

[COLOR=blue]Do you really need to be a genius of a lawyer to figure out that Thai men like prositutes just as much as foreign males. I mean read a history book samran. Samran, you will find out that Thailand had a booming sex trade before

foreign arrivied in the territory. Go get an education first Samran you badly need it. :o "Everyone in Thailand is subject to the same set of laws (except immigration rules and some property/ownership rights)" Is this something new. I mean everycountry is the same in this field. This has nothing to do with trying to say Thailand does not have racist laws because I am refering to immigration laws and practices and land and property ownership laws and practices."So you can't vote as well as a non-citizen. Now that is something most countries don't do!!! " I wasn't taking about non-citizens not being able to vote, but what I meant was PR's in Thailand can not vote. In most western countries PR's can vote. Even in some EU countries non-PR's can vote like fro example Denmark.

Did you get a nice education today samran baby :D

Britainmal, enough now! Why don't you do something with your issues where it would make more sense?

There is one website, developed just recently, with the theme "Double pricing in Thailand" Why don't you design your own website with your issues? If you can also create a following then they might be willing to listen to you. Calling people 'baby' sure won't create a favorable impression of you. It's however highly entertaining on the board....

Dutchy :o

"Pretty one-sided match. Me: Australia, you: Zimbabwe, or maybe the West Wagga under 12's third XI (at best"

I don't think so, you just seem like defending the government policies in anyway just like a government arse kisser. You just say stuff to defend the government in anyway.[color=purple

"Um, actually, no Thailand doesn't have the money to buy liverpool. Which is why the idea is stupid to begin with.

Again you assume that a Thai with an opinion = Thaksin supporter"

No, I don't assume any Thai is a Thaksin supporter. The governemnt has the money ,but they spend it on the wrong things. The money the government wants to spend on Liverpool could be used to tackle poverty. "I see you learnt to read a little since we last met. Next time I'll teach you how to use the quote function...much more civilized."

Actually, Thailand

Does have the money to lure foreigners to study here. Read your facts.

"I assume becasuse he tried to apply for a position which are reserved for local citizens, which was paid for by Thai government.

Again, though, do not try and imply that I actually support what happened. This guys deserves to have Thai nationality. Unlike others I know......"

When you assume Samran you are an arse. He did not apply for a position, he was a mattayom six graduate, he was applying to chula as a student and he could not attend because he did not have a Thai ID card. He should have been a Thai citizen years ago this show how racist the the Thai govenrment is. I said, Chula University you obviously need a Thai ID to study; not all universities in Thailand. I need to teach you what a quote is."Finally, all foreigners that contribrite to Thailand including the males who go to patpong should have citizenship because let's not forget Thai's males are the same as foreigner males when it comes to prostittion"

"Now there is a well formed argument....... Are you a lawyer? "

[COLOR=blue]Do you really need to be a genius of a lawyer to figure out that Thai men like prositutes just as much as foreign males. I mean read a history book samran. Samran, you will find out that Thailand had a booming sex trade before

foreign arrivied in the territory. Go get an education first Samran you badly need it. :o "Everyone in Thailand is subject to the same set of laws (except immigration rules and some property/ownership rights)" Is this something new. I mean everycountry is the same in this field. This has nothing to do with trying to say Thailand does not have racist laws because I am refering to immigration laws and practices and land and property ownership laws and practices."So you can't vote as well as a non-citizen. Now that is something most countries don't do!!! " I wasn't taking about non-citizens not being able to vote, but what I meant was PR's in Thailand can not vote. In most western countries PR's can vote. Even in some EU countries non-PR's can vote like fro example Denmark.

I was nearly chloroformed by that last performance. Nearly put me out for the entire evening.

Did you get a nice education today samran baby

Your insults are about as painful as being flogged by warm lettuce.

• 5 months later...
It is their country. Indo-Siam has a point that many other countries have been too loose with their immigration policies.  Many of them are tightening their policies since 9/11 though.

A lot of good points are made in these posts.  The Thais have nothing to gain by allowing us (non-Thais) to become permanent residents or citizens. They get our money the way the system works now. Why should they change it?  There are too few farangs in Thailand to effect any change in this policy.

Some of us may not like their policies (apparently some do not) but there is not much that can be done about them. This is not America or Australia or The UK where media attention can be focused on a perceived problem. This is Thailand.  :) I say live with it.

mandl

We are hoping to retire to thailand in the next 3 months, we have given it lots of thought, surely the thai way of controlling immigration and foreign residency works pretty well, I have dual nationality Brit /Australian and find that immigration laws here in Australia far more racist and difficult than thai law, you know where you stand in thailand , break the law and you are history, but here in Oz , the dollar rules thailand can take lessons in corruption from australian authorities,Queensland police are the best money can buy!! Stirring up the the Thai Authorities and alienating them does not help any one. Nignoy

I had a dream last night!I woke up one morning and i was the only foreigner in Thailand,wow,all the americans,australians and europeans residents were gone,it was a sad dream and a bit scary too,my neighbors wife came to me and asked me what to do?she said"how can i raise the children,pay the bills"?The phone was ringing,it was the sister of my wife,she asked us to send her some money,because she needs to buy rice,and she will pay it back soon as she found a job in Burriram,10 minutes later another sister called and asked me "now that all the foreigners gone will the government take care me"?I said"sure they will,they know what they doing and why they scared all the foreigners away,and dont worry they are also foreigner from neighboring countries who look for Thailady"Next morning I went to Pattaya to have some fun,wowwww how scary some restaurants were closed,the city looked real empty,and again my phone was ringing it was my friend Peter who usually came 3times a year to Pattaya,he called from Makati{Manila],he asked me why not go there,real fun place bars are open around the clock,and if u married with a phillie lady the immigration let u live in peace,i thought wow,i asked"isnt it to dangerous overthere if u go out in the night"?he said"if u act normal and go to normal places it isnt to bad"

6 months later i was still dreaming,my friend from Germany called me and said"Hey next months i come to Thailand ,the government changed their attitude,now u can buy land if ur married with a Thai,and u just have to go once a year to the immigration and tell them where u stay,and they also stopped the double pricing,and guys who are not 55years yet just have to show that they can survive in Thailand,by pension or lotterie win,or wherever the money comes from,"I thought wow what a change,in the evening another friend who left also to the Phillies was sending me an email showing an advertising in a Cebu newspaper,it was from Thaigovernment saying"Please dear foreigner come back to Thailand the people in Isaan are needing houses and money for food,and now u can open a company very easy not much paperwork and u can own it for 100%,and we also stop blaming foreigner for anything what goes wrong in Thailand"

ouchhhh my beloved wife kicked me and i woke up and thought what a dream

You are most probably going to need support from people higher up the food chain who have more power and influence than say teachers,sexpats,retirees etc...

The problem is that the type of people you'll need to allie with are already sufficently cosy,comfortable and secure in their lifestyle...so why should they risk jeopordising their well being for the sake of bottom feeders ??

I know Australia has 280,000 a yeard limit on foreigners entering the country for citzenship. 

Britainmal(content),

You do yourself no favours by filling your arguments with "facts" that "you know" that actually have no basis. Does nothing for your argument.

On this point, last year Australia accepted about 120,000 new migrants. This goes up to about 140,000 if you include NZ citizens who can live and work in Australia without any restrictions. No where near 280,000 migrants that you claim.

All these people (except NZ citizens) have to apply to migrate to Australia, and have to pass very stringent criteria in terms of education, work expereince and having skills that are in demand in the Australian economy. If approved, they are given permanent residency, the whole process takes about 1 year to 18 months.

Otherwise, they don't get in. Check out www.immi.gov.au as I know you have an aversion what I say.

Please tell me that just because I'm a bit overweight and married to a Thai for 12 years now, I shouldn't be allowed to live in Thaland :o

Thailand on the otherhand, while it doesn't hand out citizenships willy nilly, makes it compatitively easy (when compared to Australia, NZ, Canada, UK) for foreigners to live and work here, pretty much indefinetly. Indo-siam articulated this very well I think.

You seem to think that it is "easy" to get a western citizenship versus a Thai citizenship. To be fair to you, it is easy for spouses (a minority) to get Western nationality when compared to Thai nationality, but that is not the point here.

Most western countries are very selective regarding who they let in the door to begin with. Thailand isn't (witness numerous foreign drones living and working here). For people who aren't spouses (the majority), it is very very difficult to move to a western country, let alone get citizenship.

You once claimed to me that most western countries don't have explicit restrictions of foreigners on working in certain industries. While true, it is actually a meaningless point. You see, while western countries don't have explicit restrictions, most simply don't hand out work permits for low skilled jobs to being with, thus protecting against foreign workers.

The countries (like Israel, UAE, Saudi) for instance, actually import Labour (guest workers) for jobs locals don't want to do. If you check the visa conditions for these jobs, you probably will find that the visas don't lead to any form of residency or eventual citizenship. Thailand does not really have a guest worker programme, as it has decided that Thai jobs should be filled by Thai labour wherever possible.

One final point about Thai law being "racist". If it was racist, it would make no provision for foreign females getting preferential access to Thai nationality.

I actually think that if I was a Thai law maker, I would be hesitant in giving automatic/foreign citizenship to foreign males based on marriage as well, otherwise, I would have plane loads of fat sex tourists who would be eligable for Thai citizenship. Something that Thailand could do without me thinks.

I have just sat and read 8 pages of a topic that startred reasonably and seems to have degenerated into a slanging match which has no relevance to the original topic, and I for one person find this extremely boring.

Can the moderators please close this thread and give everybody some bandwidth to get on with real topics.

:o:D

There's this country where the laws favour those people born there as opposed to those born elsewhere. It's a problem for the locals when outsiders come in with shit-loads of cash, by comparison, and start trying to buy up everything. Prices rocket and the locals find themselves priced out of the market. Youngsters leave and travel to the cities looking for work, some ending up on The Game. Communities become older and older, effectively becoming places where people wait to die.

UK: doncha just luv it? :o