LIVE: Trump-Kim summit

webfact

Now, at the end of the summit, he has created another in a thousand lies. He says he has a great relationship with Kim! How do you develop a great relationship in one meeting? I mean this guy has no regard for facts, whatsoever. All we know, as of now is the following:

1. Trump said he would suspend the war games, with South Korea. The South Korean ministry said they have no idea where that came from, what it means, or the reason for it. China is wetting their pants in delight.

2. Trump said he would work towards bringing down the number of US troops stationed in the DMZ and in South Korea. China is again wetting their pants in delight.

3. He said he would work toward easing sanctions. Both Kim and China are wetting their pants in delight.

4. Trump said he would offer security guarantees to North Korea. Nice one for Kim. Terrible for South Korea. 

5. Trump said he would consider removing American nukes from Korea. Nice one for Kim. Terrible for the South Koreans. 

What did the so called master of the art of the deal get in return? A vague promise that we will work toward de-nuclearrization from North Korea. What else? There was no mentioning the previous US aim of "complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization." And Kim's commitments did not appear to go beyond what he already pledged to do in April when he met South Korean President Moon Jae-in along their countries' border.

Who got played here? Looks like Trump got played, just like he is getting played by the Saudis, the Israelis, the Canadians, and just about anyone else he engages with. This man is a horrific negotiator. He could not negotiate his way out of a paper bag. 

Tiny Don. The art of I cannot make a deal to save my life. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Let's wait and see the small print.  I hope NK's human rights have also been addressed.  This could be a very positive thing for the world but putting these two individuals in a room and expecting a sensible outcome may be a stretch.  If they have pulled it off and it doesn't all fall apart then kudos to both of them. 

I don't think you have to worry about human rights.  That's how Vietnam war started.  Give them free enterprise like Coke and MacDonald's and cell phones and the rest will take care of itself.  America would have won Vietnam with no deaths if it gave Ho Franchises like KFC and Mac's and phone towers and a bunch of cash. 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Now, at the end of the summit, he has created another in a thousand lies. He says he has a great relationship with Kim!

Watch Twitter carefully for a possible twitter twist.

Little rocket man is such a good guy now and "loves his people".

What can you say...

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Now, at the end of the summit, he has created another in a thousand lies. He says he has a great relationship with Kim! How do you develop a great relationship in one meeting? I mean this guy has no regard for facts, whatsoever. All we know, as of now is the following:

1. Trump said he would suspend the war games, with South Korea. The South Korean ministry said they have no idea where that came from, what it means, or the reason for it. China is wetting their pants in delight.

2. Trump said he would work towards bringing down the number of US troops stationed in the DMZ and in South Korea. China is again wetting their pants in delight.

3. He said he would work toward easing sanctions. Both Kim and China are wetting their pants in delight.

4. Trump said he would offer security guarantees to North Korea. Nice one for Kim. Terrible for South Korea. 

5. Trump said he would consider removing American nukes from Korea. Nice one for Kim. Terrible for the South Koreans. 

What did the so called master of the art of the deal get in return? A vague promise that we will work toward de-nuclearrization from North Korea. What else? There was no mentioning the previous US aim of "complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization." And Kim's commitments did not appear to go beyond what he already pledged to do in April when he met South Korean President Moon Jae-in along their countries' border.

Who got played here? Looks like Trump got played, just like he is getting played by the Saudis, the Israelis, the Canadians, and just about anyone else he engages with. This man is a horrific negotiator. He could not negotiate his way out of a paper bag. 

Tiny Don. The art of I cannot make a deal to save my life. 

The United States and the DPRK [Democratic People's Republic of Korea] commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.

2. The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.

3. Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work towards the complete denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula.

4. The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Maybe you want to list the things any other President got when they had a meeting with the leader of North Korea.

Wait.

No one else figured out how to have a meeting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Rarebear said:

The United States and the DPRK [Democratic People's Republic of Korea] commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.

2. The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.

3. Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work towards the complete denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula.

4. The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Maybe you want to list the things any other President got when they had a meeting with the leader of North Korea.

Wait.

No one else figured out how to have a meeting. 

No, no one else would reward the Kim dynasty with such a public relations coup and get nothing concrete in return. And as a special party favor  to the North Korean despot, Donald Trump agreed to halt joint South Korean/US military exercises.

I used to despise Trump, but after this he has my respect.  No other president has come close to denuking North Korea, no other president has had the cajones to even meet with a DPRK leader.  The world is a safer place now.  Trump will be reelected in 2020 because of this.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bristolboy said:

No, no one else would reward the Kim dynasty with such a public relations coup and get nothing concrete in return. And as a special party favor  to the North Korean despot, Donald Trump agreed to halt joint South Korean/US military exercises.

You need to read up on the deal Bill Clinton "thought' he made with the N. Koreans. Then come back and recant. 

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

I used to despise Trump, but after this he has my respect.  No other president has come close to denuking North Korea, no other president has had the cajones to even meet with a DPRK leader.  The world is a safer place now.  Trump will be reelected in 2020 because of this.

Why do people believe the White House propaganda?

9 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Already Trump got hostages back and a test site blown up and put out of order.  I guess you missed that and that was before the deal was signed. 

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Why do people believe the White House propaganda?

I read the deal signed and listened to the news conference.  No White House people talking.  Just the media trying to make Trump look bad as usual. 

1 minute ago, Rarebear said:

Already Trump got hostages back and a test site blown up and put out of order.  I guess you missed that and that was before the deal was signed. 

Prisoners, yes. But no, he had nothing to do with the test site, that was blown up on their last test. Hence Kim willing to make concessions and stop the tests. He has no site anymore.

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Prisoners, yes. But no, he had nothing to do with the test site, that was blown up on their last test. Hence Kim willing to make concessions and stop the tests. He has no site anymore.

Last week Trump cancelled the summit.  Kim blew up test site.  Trump rescheduled summit.  Is this difficult to understand?

10 minutes ago, Rarebear said:

Last week Trump cancelled the summit.  Kim blew up test site.  Trump rescheduled summit.  Is this difficult to understand?

That site collapsed during their last test 2 months ago or so with quite a few deaths.

No cigar.

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Watch Twitter carefully for a possible twitter twist.

Little rocket man is such a good guy now and "loves his people".

What can you say...

Now, all of a sudden Kim is a good man and a good leader. And Trump looked into his eyes, and could see that. He is also very playful. When he is not killing his family! And Trump has developed a "great relationship" with him, in just a few hours. Remarkable. It takes most of us many months, and sometimes years, to develop great relationships. He has his own hyper warp speed method. 

Trump has a bizarre habit of praising and admiring despots and dictators. Makes one wonder what his political aspirations are. And he also has the rather bizarre habit of pissing off, offending, and annoying our closest and most valuable allies. Makes him a very unstable leader, and not a trustworthy partner. He is playing a strange game. My guess is, it will lead to his ouster. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Now, all of a sudden Kim is a good man and a good leader. And Trump looked into his eyes, and could see that. He is also very playful. When he is not killing his family! And Trump has developed a "great relationship" with him, in just a few hours. Remarkable. It takes most of us many months, and sometimes years, to develop great relationships. He has his own hyper warp speed method. 

Trump has a bizarre habit of praising and admiring despots and dictators. Makes one wonder what his political aspirations are. And he also has the rather bizarre habit of pissing off, offending, and annoying our closest and most valuable allies. Makes him a very unstable leader, and not a trustworthy partner. He is playing a strange game. My guess is, it will lead to his ouster. Time will tell. 

Roosevelt did it with Stalin and Trump is doing it with Kim.  What is the difference except you probably liked FDR.  Could be a political bias instead of analysis of events.

5 minutes ago, Rarebear said:

Roosevelt did it with Stalin and Trump is doing it with Kim.  What is the difference except you probably liked FDR.  Could be a political bias instead of analysis of events.

The big difference is that Trump does it with Kim, Putin, Duterte, and other dictators and perceived strongmen he talks about. And Roosevelt did not insult our closest allies. I am open minded. I would like to see Trump succeed. It would help the country, and it would help my business. Roosevelt was a tough guy with thick skin, and Trump is an absolutely pussy. His adolescent emotional state does not allow him to lead, and compels him to respond to every single perceived slight. That makes him very small, in the eyes of most. Man up Don. Be a man. Water off a ducks back. Being such a pussy is not appealing at all. 

2 hours ago, Rarebear said:

And to prove my earlier post a link from a site that is not known for its liberal bias https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/26/north-korea-nuclear-programme-rocked-collapse-test-site/

2 hours ago, Rarebear said:

Do you remember why Trump cancelled the summit? Because the North Koreans insulted Pence. I rest my case your honor. Trump is a thin skinned kid. A bully. Real men do not allow themselves to be easily provided. Right? Real men act with dignity, and can take an insult, especially when they dish them out so often, and for such trite reasons. Trump is not a real man. He is a pussy.