BKK Airport Taxis Want 50% Fee Hike

webfact

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

They want a fare increase also, 5%.

Yes, they might want it but they have fat chance of getting it. Special increased meter rates for taxis that only work Suvarnabhumi Airport. I don't think so. 

"Previous pleas for fare increase have been shot down". Not hard to figure why.

3 hours ago, shady86 said:

My customer from overseas just paid 600 for taxi ride from Suvarnabhumi to Sukhumvit. He told me all the drivers refused to use meter.

Did your customer from overseas use the designated taxi rank area, getting a ticket from the machine, and did he ask them to put on the meter before they left the rank?  If not then, he is an idiot for paying 600 baht.

Have never had the meter refused from that rank.  If they do refuse to put on the meter, then <deleted> use some common sense and get out and get a different taxi.  The official meter taxi rank is there for a reason.

It's the system screwing the (taxi) established mafia. Coming off a long haul flight from Europe I got "assigned" a taxi who told me that the fare into town would be a B 1'000. 
Being used to this kind of welcome I just kept the slip of the counter which assigns cabs at the airport and asked him, why he would need that much money.

He said that he waited nine hours in the queue until his cab was finally called onto the arrival ramp; I mean the car was idle (most likely with running engine) for nine hours. It is not only the stupidity of the driver but also the system of the authority managing the cabbie flow. 

Got off the car halfway because his car broke down and gave him a B 300; next five cabs refused the fare - so much to "near zero". 

Ever since I'm getting an unlicensed ride by friends and the fare goes into a bottle of wine brought along as for B 1000 you get some nice vino in Europe ? 

16 hours ago, Bob12345 said:
18 hours ago, webfact said:

Sadit Jaitiang said the long-standing problem of picky drivers refusing passengers is now near zero

Maybe he should check if the complaint lines are still working, because this sounds suspicious.

The way the Swampy automatic queue machines work, if a taxi refuses a fare, he may be waiting a looooong time for his number to come up again in the queue.

BTW, I arrived last night after midnight.  The line for immigration was less than 10 minutes, and there was no queue at all for a taxi.  Off the plane to my apartment in around an hour- with much of that waiting for luggage because immigration was so fast.  And the taxi turned on the meter when he started out, before I offered up my price.

BTW, the trains don't run after midnight, for anyone contemplating that option.

22 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Yes, they might want it but they have fat chance of getting it. Special increased meter rates for taxis that only work Suvarnabhumi Airport. I don't think so. 

"Previous pleas for fare increase have been shot down". Not hard to figure why.

Fat chance of getting the fee increased also but they have asked for a 5% fare increase and you said that it was nothing to do with fares...it is.

• Sad 1