World Cup predictions.

champers

I predict that I will not be watching a single match as kissball bores the erse off me.

I see from the news they are being quite blatant about the North American award and the estimated 11 billion USD profit they are salivating at. The FIFA fraud and bribery cases all seem to have gone quiet.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, champers said:

Ex Bolton defensive duffer Dedryk Boyata gets in Belgium team ahead of Kompany. What gives?

With his injuries I heard Kompany might be more of a mascot during the WC.

1 hour ago, moskito said:

HAHAHAHHAHAHA ... good one ... ENGLAND? I had no idea they are in this time ??

204 countries compete for the World Cup.

2018 is the 21st World Cup.

England has failed to qualify for the finals on only three occasions, and has failed to advance from the group stages on only three occasions.

England is one of only 8 teams to have won the World Cup (Brazil (5), Germany (4), Italy (4), Argentina (2),  Uruguay (2), England, France, and Spain (1each)).

Not a bad record at all.

Soooo, England won their first match, always good to start with a win to keep the moral high blah, blah, blah.

What should happen now is ; they knock in 2 or 3 against Panama and go into the Belgium game on a high..... BUT .... this is England and we all know what that means [emoji51]
Hopefully they don’t resort back to their lacklustre standard of play and draw , or even lose , against Panama !

Come on England ???????

13 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I predict that I will not be watching a single match as kissball bores the erse off me.

I see from the news they are being quite blatant about the North American award and the estimated 11 billion USD profit they are salivating at. The FIFA fraud and bribery cases all seem to have gone quiet.

good contribution to the thread though. well played.

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Soooo, England won their first match, always good to start with a win to keep the moral high blah, blah, blah.

What should happen now is ; they knock in 2 or 3 against Panama and go into the Belgium game on a high..... BUT .... this is England and we all know what that means emoji51.png
Hopefully they don’t resort back to their lacklustre standard of play and draw , or even lose , against Panama !

Come on England ???????

england could and should have had a bagful against tunisia, so if they've got better shooting boots on they should give panama a bit of a panelling. 

they've got plenty of attacking options and the midfield looks pretty smart but the back 3 also looks like it can be got at by a better side. can imagine belgium's hazard, mertens and lukaku exploiting the spaces better for example. 

Can't see England not getting three points against Panama, wasteful or not. That'll be six, and barring a miracle Tunisia victory over Belgium England ought to be in the knock out stage.

They best have someone with some shooting boots other than Kane though. I'm beginning to see England as reliant on Kane as Argentina are with Messi. Ultimately not a winning formula.

For the record I hope Kane continues to shine. The at times lukewarm response to Kane has always amazed me. There is next to nothing he lacks as a top flight striker.

28 minutes ago, StevieH said:

england could and should have had a bagful against tunisia, so if they've got better shooting boots on they should give panama a bit of a panelling. 

they've got plenty of attacking options and the midfield looks pretty smart but the back 3 also looks like it can be got at by a better side. can imagine belgium's hazard, mertens and lukaku exploiting the spaces better for example. 

If the continue to try and pass he ball out as much as they did last night they will have a massive problem against a decent pressing side. Even against Tunisia they were lucky on a couple of occasions. Well I say lucky as they were dire but a Belgium would of taken advantage. 

39 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Can't see England not getting three points against Panama, wasteful or not. That'll be six, and barring a miracle Tunisia victory over Belgium England ought to be in the knock out stage.

They best have someone with some shooting boots other than Kane though. I'm beginning to see England as reliant on Kane as Argentina are with Messi. Ultimately not a winning formula.

For the record I hope Kane continues to shine. The at times lukewarm response to Kane has always amazed me. There is next to nothing he lacks as a top flight striker.

When you consider how people used to bang on  about Rooney being a world  class striker I’d say he’s already there. 

14 hours ago, champers said:

Ex Bolton defensive duffer Dedryk Boyata gets in Belgium team ahead of Kompany. What gives?

Had to check that as i didn't  remember  our Dedryk being at Bolton but i see we sent him on loan. He was in because Kompany and vermalaen are coming  back  from injury.

Looks like  he's  been on the weights.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Had to check that as i didn't  remember  our Dedryk being at Bolton but i see we sent him on loan. He was in because Kompany and vermalaen are coming  back  from injury.

Looks like  he's  been on the weights.

Did you notice he played more Prem League games for Bolton than City? Played as a sweeper last night. I would like to see Sterling, Vardy or Rashford run at him.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:03 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Mmmm , wonder if Sanchez is worried about returning to Colombia after playing a great part of their loss to Japan emoji848.png

He would have been better off putting the ball in his own goal emoji51.png

Dirty Sanchez!  ?

54 minutes ago, champers said:

You're like that fortune teller Claire Voyant.

Thanks, but not a tough call.:wink: What surprises me is how he became the replacement for injured Romero. Surely Argentina has a few keepers around who don't look panicky at all times.

The thing that has become apparent to me in this World Cup, is the level that some teams and, consequently, some players can get to if they put their minds to it. The problem is that they don't do it often enough at domestic level. Technically adept but mentally fragile, I suppose.

very much looking forward to france vs argentina on saturday. both have been disappointing so far but it's always good to see two heavyweights clash.

by the way, that messi goal vs argentina. two touches of an angel and the finish of an assassin. thing of beauty.

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

very much looking forward to france vs argentina on saturday. both have been disappointing so far but it's always good to see two heavyweights clash.

by the way, that messi goal vs argentina. two touches of an angel and the finish of an assassin. thing of beauty.

Argentina dodged a bullet last night and fortunate to make it through. Near death volley's with an off foot by the likes of Rojo are manna from heaven. Poor Mascherano is being blistered in the press, and though I love him, rightly so. He's lost his pace and is now a liability but unlikely to be replaced.

Generally speaking Argentina is OLD and SLOW. If France were playing up to their capability I'd think they would clobber Argentina, but they aren't, so who knows ?

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Argentina dodged a bullet last night and fortunate to make it through. Near death volley's with an off foot by the likes of Rojo are manna from heaven. Poor Mascherano is being blistered in the press, and though I love him, rightly so. He's lost his pace and is now a liability but unlikely to be replaced.

Generally speaking Argentina is OLD and SLOW. If France were playing up to their capability I'd think they would clobber Argentina, but they aren't, so who knows ?

i don't really rate didier deschamps as a manager. he's got arguably the most talented squad in the competition and just doesn't seem capable of getting enough out of it.

According to The Simpsons ( that well known US predictions guru [emoji51]) !! Mexico and Portugal are gonna meet in the final !!!

Well they did predict The Donald becoming POTUS, Toys’R’Us closing down and the Ebola outbreak !!
So who knows !!

Archived