Phuket tourists injured as van slams through power pole

webfact

Phuket tourists injured as van slams through power pole

Eakkapop Thongtub

1528814527_1-org.jpg

The force of the impact shattered one power pole and the van came to a stop only when it hit the next power pole. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Six Chinese tourists and a tour guide escaped serious injury when the passenger van they were travelling in slammed through a roadside power pole this afternoon (June 12). However, the driver suffered what police described as “serious injuries”, but have yet to define what her injuries are.

The force of the impact shattered one power pole and the van came to a stop only when it hit the next power pole.

Police were called to the scene of the accident, on the Thepkrasattri-Nai Yang Rd (Route 4031), at 3:20pm, reported Lt Kraisorn Boonprasop of the Thalang Police.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-tourists-injured-as-van-slams-through-power-pole-67480.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-06-13

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

It looks like that much force he's managed to ram one pole to the other.i do hope they can fix the pole,there's nothing worse than no electric when you fancy a cup of tea.

She not he.

3 hours ago, arithai12 said:
"...the driver of the van, which was registered in Phang Nga Province, told police that she dozed off at the wheel"

Therefore it was failure to apply brakes ! commonly called brake failure here !

5 hours ago, madmitch said:

She not he.

Oh thanks for pointing that out,I'm sure this minor detail won't affect the out come of the event too much.ive whacked myself over my knuckles with a ruler and promise to pay more attention when reading.

• Sad 1

I can never quite understand the Thai passion for putting these immovable concrete pillars within inches of roadways (sometimes actually on them).  Coupled with some of the worst drivers and riders on the planet, they are responsible for hundreds of deaths.

Previously in these pages I have advocated breakaway poles as used in many countries elsewhere, or crash railings around them to divert the drunk, asleep and inept locals. However, I have been pilloried (!) for these suggestions by some members here who think that if anyone wavers from the straight and narrow they deserve to have their skull caved in.

On 6/14/2018 at 12:51 PM, Old Croc said:

I can never quite understand the Thai passion for putting these immovable concrete pillars within inches of roadways (sometimes actually on them).  Coupled with some of the worst drivers and riders on the planet, they are responsible for hundreds of deaths.

Previously in these pages I have advocated breakaway poles as used in many countries elsewhere, or crash railings around them to divert the drunk, asleep and inept locals. However, I have been pilloried (!) for these suggestions by some members here who think that if anyone wavers from the straight and narrow they deserve to have their skull caved in.

"I can never quite understand the Thai passion for putting these immovable concrete pillars within inches of roadways" - because it allows the hospitals here to either extort money out of the victim, or their insurance company.  ?