How To Start Using Less Plastic In Bangkok Right Now

Jonathan Fairfield

How To Start Using Less Plastic In Bangkok Right Now

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

Refill-Station_180608_0009.jpg

Grabbing just a cup of bubble milk tea can produce a hefty load of plastic. There’s the cup, its lid, the straw, a bag and that disposable handle-bag thing. After a few happy moments of sipping, it all goes off to the landfill for the next 500 years. Take home some dish soap from the supermarket in a new bottle – the old, perfectly good one is already pushing up daisies.

Time to cut your plastic life down to size? Here are three things you can do right now in Bangkok, from a cafe that refills your empties and mother-daughter team promoting reusable straws to a woman who sews washable cotton pads for that time of the month.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/shopping/2018/06/13/how-to-start-using-less-plastic-in-bangkok-right-now/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-06-13

a few quotes yesterday from Jeremy Grantham(a famous investor)

"Capitalism and mainstream economics simply cannot deal with these problems. Mainstream economics largely ignore [them],"

"We deforest the land, we degrade our soils, we pollute and overuse our water and we treat air like an open sewer, and we do it all off the balance sheet."

We're racing to protect much more than our portfolios. … We're racing to protect our grandchildren and our species, so get to it."

• Like 2

The worst offenders are plastic water bottles. Millions are used here everyday.

My favourite restaurants all know I won't be buying a bottle of water. They use their water filtre in the kitchen to bring me a glass of water. It's about public education. If the staff baulk, talk to the manager or owner.

This HAS to begin with YOU!

While on the move, get yourself a light stainless steel double walled insulated water bottle. Fill it with ice before you leave home. I fill mine  with hot green tea to sip on through the day.

Everyone has to start even if they feel its not the normal thing to turn plastic items down. Everyone has to be teflon to what ignorant people who use plastic without any care.

Sooner more and more people will start to realise the horror of what we are doing to this planet.

I walk into the stores now and just think how much of this c**p will be in the oceans and land and most people are just zombies walking around thinking their gods consuming.

Until they die and they are like every other person, just a decomposed non-entity.