In Thai tourist spots, a hidden world of male sex slavery

webfact

There are a lot of issues with this report.

There a re a lot of sleazy NGO organizations out for profit. 

But none of that is reason to dismiss the problem of sex trafficking of underage children whether World Vision classifies a 26 year old as a child or not.

(Don't believe that for a minute as I googled the hell out of it and couldn't find anything to back it. If you got sources please post.)

1 minute ago, The manic said:

Is it forced trafficking? If it's not forced then it's not slavery and not trafficking. Its a life style choice.

In many cases it is forced prostitution. Not everyone is in the sex trade by choice. Realize that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

There are a lot of issues with this report.

There a re a lot of sleazy NGO organizations out for profit. 

But none of that is reason to dismiss the problem of sex trafficking of underage children whether World Vision classifies a 26 year old as a child or not.

(Don't believe that for a minute as I googled the hell out of it and couldn't find anything to back it. If you got sources please post.)

I saw it in their site a few years ago.

1 minute ago, tominbkk said:

I saw it in their site a few years ago.

I looked through their site and didn't find it. 26 is a stupid age to call someone a child of course. I'm not arguing that World Vision aren't a bad NGO, they are corrupt,  I'm just saying there is a problem with child trafficking.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The manic said:

Trafficking has just become a lazy term for simplistic thinkers. Most sex workers commute. 

Your operative word is "most."

For most it is a trade, but for many it is forced. Why are you denying the problem?

How many 12 and 13 year olds "choose" this life?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

I looked through their site and didn't find it. 26 is a stupid age to call someone a child of course. I'm not arguing that World Vision aren't a bad NGO, they are corrupt,  I'm just saying there is a problem with child trafficking.

Of course here is a problem.  But it is disingenuous of NGOs to inflate what is probably an issue involving hundreds of children to what they stated awhile back, which was there was something like over 1 million children in the sex trade.  They rely of course on donations and coercion so need to show numbers like that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

Of course here is a problem.  But it is disingenuous of NGOs to inflate what is probably an issue involving hundreds of children to what they stated awhile back, which was there was something like over 1 million children in the sex trade.  They rely of course on donations and coercion so need to show numbers like that.

Perhaps hundreds of kids in Thailand, but there are over a million worldwide.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, csabo said:

I often think that when I see a girl riding on the back of a motorbike or otherwise in tow. It's like the guy says before leaving the house "Keys? Check. Wallet? Check. Sunglasses? Check. Wet hole to put my penis into? Check."

Seriously though.  Do you think that any woman is ever in tow.  

Have you ever heard of topping from the bottom?

19 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

I fail to see how anyone would want to traffic ladyboys.

If there's money in it, someone will do it. Human sexuality & sexual preferences are infinitely broad, and for every niche in the sexuality and gender spectrum there are those who lust for it. Much of it is not pretty. Most of those trafficked have a vulnerability such as drug addiction, or non resident alien whose passports have been confiscated by thugs, or just ordinary prostitutes who have been enticed , ensnared, or even kidnapped. And there are families who because of dire poverty will entice or even sell their teenagers into sexual servitude. Hard to wrap your mind around it for the average person. But it is not limited to Thailand - Thailand is a favorite punching bag for the more sanctimonious western countries, yet trafficking is a problem everywhere - US included

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sirbergan said:

Personally, I think inflated numbers being the core of the discussion here is like peeing in your pants when dreaming that you went to the toilet – it's as far off target as can be. One is one to many, when it comes to children. Bickering about numbers is depraved.

It's simple, don't give if you don't want to give. I personally don't give because I don't really have much.

I suppose it comes down for me to these NGOs being truthful.  If they are revealed not to have integrity then you begin to question if the donations being given are being spent with integrity as well.  Just choose where you invest in something like this carefully.  Many charitable organisations spend up to 80% of donations on 'admin costs'.

Before you give you can start here:  https://www.charitywatch.org/home

• Like 2

I lived in BKK for years, I went to Pattaya once.  I hated it.  I know many here are all about the pay for play but I'm a young man who can get his jollies without it.  That being said, I remember walking past a place called Boys Town?  I think that's what it was called.  Big, bright, neon sign above said that.  Is anyone surprised by this?

It's like the Thai police saying "I had no idea Soy Cowboy, Nana Plaza and Pattaya existed!!!!"  Nonsense.

19 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

I find two things sickening here. The physical/sexual abuse of anyone be it boy girl man or woman. AND the lack of compassion and understanding displayed by the majority in this thread

Couldn't agree more....maybe if some of them worried more about the problem and less about the money side of it, the world would be a better place. But then according to a couple of these idiots....there is no problem at all. Utterly disgusting and sickening.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jennyau said:

Couldn't agree more....maybe if some of them worried more about the problem and less about the money side of it, the world would be a better place. But then according to a couple of these idiots....there is no problem at all. Utterly disgusting and sickening.

Throw money at Charities that are not helping people... and just there to con people out of money?  You get a good feeling giving money away to people that are actually harming people and using the money for themselves?

How do you know there is a problem?  Have you gone and looked for yourself?  No?  Maybe easier not to think about it, just get a few baht out your purse and think everything is fine?

Many of these charities here are simply religious based Christian missionary money making operations... to raise money to keep they churches and staff.  They do little help in most cases... and vast amount of damage in the worst cases.. including basically trafficking hill tribe children THEMSELVES.... hiding the poor kids away miles from nowhere in massive buildings funded by people like you.  Then there is the sexual, emotional, and physical abuse of the children in these homes.. including hitting, beating the children who open their eyes when they are praying!!!!  They punish them for speaking their own language instead of English, they are punished and forbidden to practice their traditional religions and customs.

I suggest before you start telling us we are idiots, disgusting and sickening.. you actually get off you backside and go visit these places, research the destruction of hill tribe villages by Christian missionary charities, talk to people who work at these places... and go look there yourself.  If you are in Chiang Mai it is easy for you to pop into the Urban Light boys drop in center…. see how many kids are here... there are far more farang Christians there and bibles that children.

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...