Astro Satellite

fisherman

Hi,

Quote: 1) You can watch Astro in Pattaya with a 10ft dish and the picture is great.

You mean to say that you can watch Astro in Pattaya with a 10Ft dish..... for free ?

No need to pay a monthly fee ?

For me (in Malaysia), I am paying a monthly fee of RM50/- (Bt500/-) for the

basic/minimun package. In addition to that, I had to pay for the small dish, a decoder and a smart card..... total cost RM400/- plus RM120/- for installation.

I am curious to know.

Thank you in advance.

:o

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox: Yes. Apparently you can buy receivers here with the decryption thingy built in. I asked the shop if they were legal and they insist that they are not illegal in Thailand (but they are in M'sia).

I'm not sure the UBC folks will be happy about it though. If this becomes widely known it might make a dent in their revenue...

Thank you, madsere.

In Malaysia, it is a serious offence to install an illegal dish.

It was reported in the press recently, there will be another

MiTV by the end of this year for the Malaysian market.

And of course we have to pay a monthly fee........ and will

be offered a 50 channel programs. It will break the present

monopoly of Astro. Better choice for us and better value for money.

I may switch on to this new MiTV when the time comes....... if it

is cheaper or best buy for me.

Thank you once again for your prompt reply.

Hi,

MiTV is the latest technology on the pay TV segment...... pay a monthly fee.

It is a ' terrestrial' type of sending signals/programs to paid up subscribers, using

a special box/decoder supplied by the company. You do not need a satellite dish.....

the normal type of TV antenna will do. This MiTV was first introduced in England

and it is very popular and successful. It will be launched in Malaysia sometime at

the end of this year. It will be given 50 channel/programs and the monthly fee will be

very competitive...... will break the Astro monopoly. Good news for us over here.

From press reports I just searched it is did not seem to be in use anywhere as MiTV (Malaysian company) claims to have invented this "IP-O-UHF" (internet protocol over ultra high frequency) by and for the Malaysia market. It will require decoder/broadband internet/UHF antenna from what little information is available and nobody gives any information about quality/reliability or even admits having seen it work.

Hi,

Latest Update.

It was also reported in the press that, a third pay TV segment is also in the competition.

It is from Telekom Malaysia (Telecommunications Of Malaysia).

The signals/programs will be transmitted through the telephone lines (like BroadBand and etc)

and of course, we have to pay a monthly subscription. Also very competitive.

Some of you may be wondering why there is such a demand on the pay segment TV over here.

The reason is obvious. English is very widely spoken over here. And English is the second

language of this nation. Most popular....... CNN, BBC, Discovery, National Geographic, ESPN,

Hallmark, AXN, CCTV9, movies, etc, and Chinese speaking channels, and so on.

For me I will pick the cheapest ..... or the one that gives me .... value for money.

Until then, I will be watching my Astro every night. Good night.

madsere

Yes. Apparently you can buy receivers here with the decryption thingy built in. I asked the shop if they were legal and they insist that they are not illegal in Thailand (but they are in M'sia).

Do you know the model that has this built in decryption?

Thanks

I feel that we should NOT pay extra to ASTRO as they have a lot of advert on most of their channel. I prefer to hack into them and watch them for free.

I have used these clone card but the new technology satelite receivers do not require the smarts card to be inserted but i can't get the type of model.

Any one know any of the in built decrpter.

Thanks

Croftrobin

This decoder indeed doesn't need a card, however you still have to input the decoding keys (which normally are stored on the smartcard)as you can see on the picure in the right/bottom corner of the link you provided

Where do you get them for decoding astro? Do you get a masterkey as well?

If you don't have a masterkey, you have to reinput the keys whenever astro changes them, if you do have the masterkey, the decoder will update them automatically!

The Atom 9000 has the built-in decrypt

monty,

Your right about the key. where do they get the key?i always though that if you have a manual PID scan function on the receiver it will scan the encryted channels and decode the keys. i must be wrong then.

I heard that the keys can be decoded using the CI Matrix Reload card bu ti have not tried it.

If you do find the HEX code key let us know.When i get the reciver i will let you know the status.

Thanks

fox,

I think we are getting lucky here... :D

Go to the member page from the satthai website and sign up (it's kindly provided bilingual :o )

They supply a list of keys, they just might be correct...

For the Filipino community, the dream stream will be very good indeed! Don't know though from which sat the bean down. Us farangs will go for astro for sure...

These receivers are very cheap, almost incomprehensible if you know the usesless UBC one costs almost 20000 Baht...

fox,

I think we are getting lucky here... :D

Go to the member page from the satthai website and sign up (it's kindly provided bilingual  :o )

They supply a list of keys, they just might be correct...

For the Filipino community, the dream stream  will be very good indeed! Don't know though from which sat the bean down. Us farangs will go for astro for sure...

These receivers are very cheap, almost incomprehensible if you know the usesless UBC one costs almost 20000 Baht...

monty

Thanks for the info.Now all i need is to purchase a receivere to key in these codes. i already have a 6ft dish but still looking for the correct receiver.Any recomendation from you? :D

Apache,

have been browsing their offers on receivers, and this atom9000 seems to be the best bet (at 7000 Baht)

It supports all the main encryption systems (irdeto, visaccess, seca, nagravision)

and includes controls for a movable dish. This means for the extra money you pay for the moving dish setup, you can watch any channels for which you can find the description keys. No cards required, just punch in the keys with your remote and view!!!

Monty

Hi monty,

I agree that you are all very lucky over there.

For Astro subscribers over here....... the minimun/basic

package monthly was RM45.00. With effect from this

month they have increased it to RM50.00, without our

consent. That means, also an increase of RM5.00 for all

other packages. Of course there was a 'hue and cry'

in the press over this unreasonable increase.

Lucky for us....... at the end of this year, we will

be offered two more new pay segment TV........

both prices will be very competitive. One is called

MiTV (terrestrial/using normal antenna) and the other

one, Telekom Malaysia (signals/programs through

telephone lines/broadband, etc). When the time comes,

I will switch to one cheapest one....... best buy/value

for money. Until then, I am stuck my Astro.

Our favourite programs over here....... English speaking

and Chinese speaking. I speak English, Chinese and Malay.

And pasa Thai...... nitnoy. From my home to

Hatyai, Thailand is ony a four hours drive by car.

Hi Fox,

I'm not sure we are so lucky over here! Our local TV supplier UBC charges 1600 Baht/month (150 ringgit) for a package very comparable to Astro.

When we talk about watching Astro (using hacked keys) over here it still is not legal! Astro probably won't mind (not enough to prosecute) since they're not allowed to sell in Thailand anyway, they don't lose any income...

Ubc will mind since they have the monopoly over here although I don't think they can bring any charges as they have no right to decide what people do with astro's signal.

It all is a bit hazy.... Ubc did come down hard on some distributers of hacked Ubc smartcards some time ago...

Apache,

have been browsing their offers on receivers, and this atom9000 seems to be the best bet (at 7000 Baht)

It supports all the main encryption systems (irdeto, visaccess, seca, nagravision)

and includes controls for a movable dish. This means for the extra money you pay for the moving dish setup, you can watch any channels for which you can find the description keys. No cards required, just punch in the keys with your remote and view!!!

Monty

Hi monty.

Thanks for the advice. i will try to get the receiver. Do you have acces to the receiver? Maybe i can get it from you as i am not sure where to get it or how to get to the area where they sell this reciver.

Thanks

Hi monty,

Thank you for your latest update/info.

I will keep you posted/informed as soon

as I get more info on the MiTV pay TV

segment or the Telekom Malaysia pay TV

segment........ both to be offered to us over

here at the end of this year...... the pricing

will be very competitive and it will break the

present monopoly of Astro. I will be one of

the first to switch over. The unreasonable

increase of an additional RM5.00 monthly

(without our consent), makes us really fuming.

Apache,

try on following contact info.

http://www.satthai.net/contactus.htm

They are located in Bangkok somewhere.

They have their banking details so maybe they can send by mail after payment.

Remember, you'll also need a dish and LNB (the receiver head on the dish). For astro, the 75cm ubc style dish will suffice as they are on the Ku band. For most other providers you'll need a C-band dish (those big black monsters).

The dishes are cheaply available from your local satellite shop, who can install as well...

So If I want to receive Astro on KU Band - and the other satellite providers on C-band (like the free to air stuff that you can get with PSI) - then I require a big moveable dish with a motor-

This will require also positioner.

Would a receiver with the positioner built in or a seperate unit be better - more fine control etc?

Any thoughts?

As I understand it you need both a different dish type and different LNB for C and KU bands, you can't just use one for both.

Actually with the newer receiver/positioner combos you preset the satellite with the channel information so you just select the channel and the positioner automatically turns the dish to the right satellite. This usually isn't an option with a separate positioner. In my experience positioners are the most likely component to fail and if it's a combo you're without any sat tv while it's off to be repaired.

MiTV is the latest technology on the pay TV segment...... pay a monthly fee.

It is a ' terrestrial' type of sending signals/programs to paid up subscribers, using

a special box/decoder supplied by the company

The first attempt at digital terestrial television in the UK (Ondigital)failed,

maybe due to it using the Seca mediaguard encryption system that was well and truely hacked (roumour has it that the rival NDS boffins cracked Seca)

A ten foot dish to recieve Astro in Pattaya thats about 3 meter's diameter

it's huge !!!!!!!!    :o

It is big for Ku-band, but not so large for C-band reception.

As I understand it you need both a different dish type and different LNB for C and KU bands, you can't just use one for both.

A suitably sized solid or fine mesh dish will be able to pick up both Ku-band and C-band signals. You are correct that different LNBs are required, however you can get C/Ku band combo LNBS. Anyway not much to worry about as your dealer/installer will be able to recommend the necesary dish and LNB(s) for C/Ku band reception.

Dear all.

Can anyone help with this problem.A friend of mine had the Topfield3000CI.

Does anyone know how to get to the menu page where you can insert the hex codes.we are finding dificulty to get information on this

Thanks

Apache,

try on following contact info.

http://www.satthai.net/contactus.htm

They are located in Bangkok somewhere.

They have their banking details so maybe they can send by mail after payment.

Remember, you'll also need a dish and LNB (the receiver head on the dish). For astro, the 75cm ubc style dish will suffice as they are on the Ku band. For most other providers you'll need a C-band dish (those big black monsters).

The dishes are cheaply available from your local satellite shop, who can install as well...

Monty.

Thanks for the advice on the address.Do you have any ideas how to get into the menu page to insert the HEX codes in the Topfiled300CI model

Thanks

Apache,

you probably need different firmware for the topfield receiver. It is this firmware which allows you to input the keys instead of getting them from a smartcard.

Not sure which model you have, there are several variations in the 3000 model.

Hello Everybody,

I understand from the source at Astro that they are planning to change their SmartCard in August to combat piracy. :D

As such, I wonder is the clone smartcard or the P9000/7000 decoder still operable to view Astro's programmes?