How do you effectively make the most out of your 1 year visa?

Speaking of time & cost efective way to make the best out of 1 year visa (Non-0 multiple re-entry visa. How do you do it?

Let say you enter Thailand, January 1, 2019. (Lasts until 365 days later).

Then on March 30, do you (a). Report to local immigration and pay 1900 baht for 2 months extension? OR (b). Cross the border and return to Thailand at same day then you get 3 months period -- not sure how much travel will cost.

Then on June, Sept, & lastly December you must repeat such procedure again. I see that reporting to local immigration is more time-effective but might involve plenty of paperworks and perhaps cost more? (1900 baht reporting for every 2 months?) While border-crossing requires less paperwork and get a refresh 90 days but quite time-comsuming due to travel.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Let say you enter Thailand, January 1, 2019. (Lasts until 365 days later).

The visa's one year validity starts from the date it is issued not the date you use it for entry the first time.

You can get almost 17 months of total stay from the visa by getting a new 90 day entry on or before the date it expires and then a 60 day extension.

Whether getting the 60 day extensions of the 90 entries is cost effective or not depends upon where and how you do the 90 day entries.

Overland entries to Laos and Cambodia require a visa on arrival so that and travel costs have to be considered.

Entry to Myanmar only costs 500 baht for a border pass. Entry to Malaysia is free for most nationalities.

The 60 day extension for the 1st and 2nd entries allows a total stay of about 10 months with only one new entry needed. But for the 3rd entry you can only stay for about 60 days if you want to get a new entry prior to the visa's expiration date.

On 6/16/2018 at 12:14 PM, ubonjoe said:

The visa's one year validity starts from the date it is issued not the date you use it for entry the first time.

You can get almost 17 months of total stay from the visa by getting a new 90 day entry on or before the date it expires and then a 60 day extension.

Whether getting the 60 day extensions of the 90 entries is cost effective or not depends upon where and how you do the 90 day entries.

Overland entries to Laos and Cambodia require a visa on arrival so that and travel costs have to be considered.

Entry to Myanmar only costs 500 baht for a border pass. Entry to Malaysia is free for most nationalities.

The 60 day extension for the 1st and 2nd entries allows a total stay of about 10 months with only one new entry needed. But for the 3rd entry you can only stay for about 60 days if you want to get a new entry prior to the visa's expiration date.

I dont understand. So if i get my non-imm O multiple entries visa sometime on November 2018, but i enter Thailand January 01, 2019.. does that mean my visa only valid until November (following the date of issue by embassy)? 

I had previous single-entry visa before and consular issued them about 30-40 days before i board the plane to Thailand. And still able to stay 90 days (because the stamp at airport immigration states 90 days after i landed). Not so sure if the case remains the same with multi entry visa.

Thanks

The visa is used for entry - not for stay - the 90 day stay is allowed as long as you enter prior to visa expiration date - but you can not use visa for entry after it expires - and a one year visa validity starts on date of issue.