Pattaya pub raided, alleged drug abusers arrested

rooster59

Pattaya pub raided, alleged drug abusers arrested

By The Nation

35344779_2014250088893280_7964733086237720576_n.jpg

Image: Pattaya News

Police raided a popular pub in Pattaya early on Saturday for remaining open beyond the legal hours and arrested 19 people for alleged drug abuse.

Police from Pattaya Police station and the Tourist Police division 2 raided the Pump UP Pattaya pub at 3am after receiving complaints from residents of the neighbourhood that it violated the 2am closing hour rule.

When police arrived, they found that some 50 patrons were still drinking and dancing. Twelve women and 7 men tested positive for drugs. They were arrested for further checks before they would be sent for mandatory rehabilitation.

Police also found a small amount of ketamine in five zip bags and seven ecstasy pills.

Thanakrit Pattanapibul, 26, the pub manager, was arrested for violating the closing time rule for entertainment venues and for allowing drug abuse at the venue under his watch.

Police will later propose to the Interior Ministry to close down the pub.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347897

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-16

35406344_2014250045559951_7802188811970019328_n.jpg

35384489_2014250065559949_1022219031244963840_n.jpg

35384523_2014250078893281_2467960312192565248_n.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Tourist Police division 2 raided the Pump UP Pattaya pub at 3am after receiving complaints from residents of the neighbourhood that it violated the 2am closing hour rule.

Good!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

someone didn't pay. they will next time 

Paying has not been working well lately, Someone has set their eyes on a satellite, so need to raise funds and fast.

Daily raids are taking place in Pattaya, if not pubs, then hotels or guesthouses.and massage shops is the next target, the legit ones (no sex) for not having license. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

Paying has not been working well lately, Someone has set their eyes on a satellite, so need to raise funds and fast.

Daily raids are taking place in Pattaya, if not pubs, then hotels or guesthouses.and massage shops is the next target, the legit ones (no sex) for not having license. 

legit ones? no such thing 555

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thai006 said:

what happend after thet see you positiv on drugs ?

You get arrested and charged. Then sent to court and sentenced to either probation or jail term, depending on how many times you have been busted before

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BestB said:

You get arrested and charged. Then sent to court and sentenced to either probation or jail term, depending on how many times you have been busted before

So wrong.

Usually it costs 5000 thb and you go home. Happened twice to Thai friends and foreigners.

7 hours ago, grkt said:

So wrong.

Usually it costs 5000 thb and you go home. Happened twice to Thai friends and foreigners.

Usually? twice? and all the rest who did not have 5000 baht to pay off the cops?

And foreigners were let off with 5000 baht? what wonderland story is that from?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BestB said:

Usually? twice? and all the rest who did not have 5000 baht to pay off the cops?

And foreigners were let off with 5000 baht? what wonderland story is that from?

Please DO NOT COMMENT if you know nothing.

First hand experience, unlike you and certainly most people here, I do not speak when I know nothing.

Have you ever wondered why people keep riding bikes without helmet ? Because most of the time NOTHING happens, and the worst that could happen is a fine.

This is EXACTLY the same situation with drugs. Millions people do drugs without problems, so why would they stop, knowing that the chance to just go home after paying few thousand is the worst that could happen. Not rocket science.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grkt said:

Please DO NOT COMMENT if you know nothing.

First hand experience, unlike you and certainly most people here, I do not speak when I know nothing.

Have you ever wondered why people keep riding bikes without helmet ? Because most of the time NOTHING happens, and the worst that could happen is a fine.

This is EXACTLY the same situation with drugs. Millions people do drugs without problems, so why would they stop, knowing that the chance to just go home after paying few thousand is the worst that could happen. Not rocket science.

Sorry  could not be bothered going through all that rubbish .and imaginary he said , she said .

but you right , I know nothing , only came out of jail last week.

so please carry on with lovely bs stories of what you heard 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

Nobody should be punished for drug use. Genuine addicts need help. Recreational drug users should be left alone. Non need policing as it only corrupts the police and brings the legal system into disrepute.  The only benefits of current drug policies are that it gives a platform to Sanctimonious, holier than thou, hypocrites and ignoramuses who hide behind the skirts of illogical and immoral prohibition and thus feel good about themselves in a life, a wasted life,of barren mediocrity. 

I would vote for you if you ran for Thai PM, even though i am not a drug user ?

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 8:16 AM, The manic said:

Bad. Useless waste of time and resources.  Raid the complainants homes and see what there up to.  Check their computer hard drives and tax records.

I was referring to this: "raided the Pump UP Pattaya pub at 3am after receiving complaints from residents of the neighbourhood that it violated the 2am closing hour rule."

I couldn't care less if they were using drugs.

Just now, Vacuum said:

I was referring to this: "raided the Pump UP Pattaya pub at 3am after receiving complaints from residents of the neighbourhood that it violated the 2am closing hour rule."

I couldn't care less if they were using drugs.

But they used the closing time rules as an excuse to harass people for drug use 

zi reiterate'l- check the complainants for their legal transgressions and check all the police and their extended families with urine tests. 

Edited by The manic

11 minutes ago, The manic said:

zi reiterate'l- check the complainants for their legal transgressions and check all the police and their extended families with urine tests. 

But that would be, as you said, to harass people for drug use....

It is a simple model. Erode the customer base of the business and it will soon close. The problem goes away.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app