Tearful apology from remorseful trio

snoop1130

39 minutes ago, Darcula said:

"My word is my bond" - famous Somchai quote.

Is that James Bond 007?

Yes, the 007 refers to 7am, the time the temple closes. Oh dear, You've just missed it. However, my brother does have a jewellery shop that opens at 7am...

• Haha 2

The practice of taking customers to overpriced shops for commissions is as old as ... the tuk tuks themselves. It has been going on here in Chiang Mai too, for as long as I can remember. Customer asks to be taken to place A and instead is taken to place B, where the driver gets (typically in Chiang Mai) 30% commission on any purchases, and or free gifts like meals or fuel. Nothing is done about it as it is considered legal. It is the shops themselves that are to blame of course.

The twist in this case is the claim of 'sub-standard' goods at the shops in the article. It is that which may lead to prosecution, but don't hold your breath.

• Confused 1

There are hundreds of these guys ripping off tourists ....

and what is this appoligizing worth? Nothing at all! So fine them harsh and thats it. They will be back on the street the sooonest!

Do not believe one words they say, they are contrite to the Authorities, but bugger the tourists. A good example of Thai attitude to tourists, scam them, screw them and hope they never come back or complain. 

• Like 1

Sworn they will never do it again until after the 'story' breaks about the Taxi Driver finding 270,000 Baht and handing it back to a Cambodian who had left it in his cab.   In Thai minds this 'story' cancels out all wrong doing by the scum, so back to what you do best Lads....rip the ass out of Tourists !

This scum and all the others  who  have 'befriended' tourists and then lied to their faces  about  The Grand Palace and Wat Po being closed , have done no end of damage to Thai tourism over the decades..

Imagine how many visitors , many of whom   had that ONE day  in Bangkok to see these jewels of Thai history ,  were disappointed and turned away by LIES.

I can only imagine the anger and annoyance felt by those who later found out they had been duped  and swore off ever returning to the Kingdom.

• Like 2