Cracked Screen Replacement?

howto

I've returned for a few weeks and am close to Zeer Rangsit.

Have not been there since 2010 (pre-flood).

I have two devices w/ cracked screens ,,,

- Samsung S4 Galaxy

- Laptop HP Pavilion dv6-312nr

Please, a shop recommendation is most welcome.

I welcome members experiences.

Especially incurred cost and did they use "used parts".

I ask this because computer repair in the USA is expensive, hence the reason I brought these with me.

Thanks

- howto

^^^bump

Seems this OP got no traction

I should add the 2 devices are not mine,

they belong to my 65 yo neighbor

IMO the Samsung is not worth repairing,

however the laptop is.

Please a little help.

-howto

Agree, too many other age related issues on the old Samsung to make it worth the repair cost. As an aside, my friend had her S4 screen replaced here a couple of years ago, her kid subsequently dropped it and the glass shattered instantly, so the replacement glass, while it looked good, was obviously of very poor quality. 

Laptops are a different issue, I've had several parts switched out, including the screen. A used screen makes a lot of sense, taken from a similar model that's been ditched due to a crashed hard drive or something - just get them to switch it on first to make sure there's no screen burn or lines down the screen etc. I did mine in Pantip a few years ago (around 1000 baht for a used but perfect screen on my old Acer, less than half the price of a new one).... these days Pantip has much fewer repair shops -so Fortune Tower in Ratchada might be a better bet. However I'm sure there's a local equivalent of these places in Rangsit, and at possibly cheaper prices as it's a populous and non-touristy area. 

Archived