Retirement visa without any seasoned money in a bank,

12 minutes ago, Tacuisse said:

Actually, they do lend the money. I know a person in my condo who followed this route. The money was placed in his bank account for the required period, then withdrawn and paid back to the agent the day after his retirement extension came through. The agent charged interest of 30,000 baht, an annualized rate of 15%.

I don't know if that process is illegal or not, but it does happen.

Thank you 

thats 2 instances that scuttle the never happens naysayers speculations

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

We all know folk have got around it one way or another, but to me if it were "OK" then immigration would allow Joint bank accounts, but they don't, it has to be the farangs money, not Thai money..

I think joint account is allowed if there is more than double the 800,000 baht (1.6 million+)

so that if divided by the two holders each has more than the 800,000 required

it matters not if the two are a Thai national and foreigner as long as the division of funds for the foreigner is in excess of the 800,000 baht

19 hours ago, elviajero said:

If you are the parent of a Thai the funds don’t need to be seasoned. If the office you apply at are insisting it does, and you need more time, you could apply for a 60 day extension without the need to show financials, and then apply for the 1 year extension once the funds have seasoned for two months.

Funds don't need to be seasoned if you are a parent of a Thai. Could you provide a source for that? 

10 minutes ago, notamember said:

I think joint account is allowed if there is more than double the 800,000 baht (1.6 million+)

so that if divided by the two holders each has more than the 800,000 required

That is correct for some immigration offices. But some will not allow a joint account at all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dakineto said:

Funds don't need to be seasoned if you are a parent of a Thai. Could you provide a source for that? 

Clause 2.18 of the police order does not mention that the 400k baht  has to be in the bank for any amount of time. But some offices want it to be in the bank for 2 months.

"(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year."

Source: Police Order 327/2557 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, allane said:

To say nothing of the fact that this is a thread for people who can't scrape together B 800,000. How are they going to provide twice that ?

So what, you a hi-so..This thread is for all members chap...bored.gif.f5f4f155140a2ae38ec8c1c5debe22d1.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

A high ranking immigration official can overide the seasoned funds requirement, Agents have working relationships with the immigration officials. Not illegal, the agents just know the process and who to ask for an exemption.

Technically an immigration officer, with authority to do so, has approved the extension.

Just not available to normal people.

Only if his palm is adequately greased...….or you married his daughter.

• Haha 1

There is also the income route, whereby people have a statutory declaration or embassy letter which states their income is equal to or more than 65,000 baht/month.

I'd suggest there would be quite a few panic attacks if solid proof of that statement was ever required.

21 minutes ago, Tacuisse said:

I'd suggest there would be quite a few panic attacks if solid proof of that statement was ever required.

It is for an Income Letter from the British Embassy.

We don't swear an affidavit, or have to commit perjury in the process of proof.

38 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's Siam Legal and yes for the right amount they can dodge the system.

Yes I know put I did not want to defame a 7 office international law firm 

it appears that pucketman has no concerns about that 

he thinks that named firm is ‘dodgy’

he must have deep pockets

mat-be he will need an agent at some point...

1 hour ago, allane said:

To say nothing of the fact that this is a thread for people who can't scrape together B 800,000. How are they going to provide twice that ?

Maybe a wife could get a bank loan on a land or house and deposit 1.6 + million in joint bank account and use that to support a renewal

48 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Only if his palm is adequately greased...….or you married his daughter.

Quite an accusation

if true then you have done it

making you a co conspirator and aiding and abetting a crime

if not, it’s soecuation and assumption and could be defamation 

as to marrying the daughtet?

best not go there

• Sad 1

Unless the law has changed (or immigration don't know their own rules), a mixture of bank deposit amount and income meeting the B800k for retirement needs no seasoning. So, for example, an income letter from the Embassy stating a monthly income of  B30k (B360k per annum) plus a bank deposit (that could have been made that day) of B440K, totalling B800k is sufficient. Obviously the income and deposit amounts could vary, but added together equals, or exceeds the requirement.

The same scenario could also apply to the marriage extension totalling B400k, but that needs checking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

If you don't have the required funds in the bank, or the required income, please explain how an agent can obtain an extension on your behalf legally.

Do I have to spell it out to you???? 

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Reading through this post and the replies, many of which are ill informed, delusional and /or totally misleading,   Iv'e just realised that I don't give a  monkey's toss what other people think or do, I  will continue to just follow the rules and not try to circumvent them.  Not difficult really.  Now I  don't know about you folks, but I for one am done with this subject. 

Totally correct, follow the rules, otherwise all other methods to secure a retirement extension is illegal.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

It is for an Income Letter from the British Embassy.

We don't swear an affidavit, or have to commit perjury in the process of proof.

There are other nationalities that don't have to provide proof. E.g. USA, Australia.

6 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

The money has to be in the bank for a period of 2 or 3 months before application.

The money is for expenses for a year.

Neither of these requirements will be met if some dodgy agent deposits the money in your bank for a few days.

But who is the more dodgy?

The person who uses a agent?

The agent who charges 25k plus for providing the 800k for around one hour in your bank account?

Or the immigration officers who take a slice and make it all happening. 

With official stamps and signatures.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

But who is the more dodgy?

The person who uses a agent?

The agent who charges 25k plus for providing the 800k for around one hour in your bank account?

Or the immigration officers who take a slice and make it all happening. 

With official stamps and signatures.?

No.3....:stoner:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, notamember said:

an agent loans you the money, no law against that

The reason there is a two or three month seasoning rule is because people were "loaning " each other the money for few days when the extension application was made. I doubt an agent is going to put baht 400,000 in your account for two months or baht 800,000 in your account for three months, especially if you hire the agent a couple of weeks before your current extension expires. Clearly it's not legal what they are actually doing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1