Retirement visa without any seasoned money in a bank,

My  retirement extension expires  on July  07, How can I get  a  extension without having the means  of  seasoned  money 88K or  400 K respectively, I am still married and have 2   children in university in BKK. How to go about?/

If you are the parent of a Thai the funds don’t need to be seasoned. If the office you apply at are insisting it does, and you need more time, you could apply for a 60 day extension without the need to show financials, and then apply for the 1 year extension once the funds have seasoned for two months.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, notamember said:

Use an agent

I did that some years back and when I went through inbound immigration and the officers opened my passport and saw the retirement and re-entry stamps they either laughed at me or smiled and smirked. Then they would stamp it and politely wave me through.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

I did that some years back and when I went through inbound immigration and the officers opened my passport and saw the retirement and re-entry stamps they either laughed at me or smiled and smirked. Then they would stamp it and politely wave me through.

maybe it was not the stamps

The money has to be in the bank for a period of 2 or 3 months before application.

The money is for expenses for a year.

Neither of these requirements will be met if some dodgy agent deposits the money in your bank for a few days.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Marriage/ retirement extensions require money seasoning in the bank.

No agent lends people money for 2/3 months,. they slip the immigration officer money to overlook it.

so how do you know that?

have you used every one of the thousands of agents in Thailand?

No? So its, just a generalization based on myth and rumor

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

The money has to be in the bank for a period of 2 or 3 months before application.

The money is for expenses for a year.

Neither of these requirements will be met if some dodgy agent deposits the money in your bank for a few days.

Siam Law can do it for you

are you saying they a dodgy agent?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

There is no question that the process of obtaining a retirement extension through an agent is illegal as the required seasoning is not adhered to.

Obtaining the required funds through a bank or a friend would give you ample time in which to season the funds, then that process would be legal.

Simple really.

Unless you have used every agent in Thailand then that is no more than speculation

a theory that’s easily scuttled in that an agent could also be a friend of applicant and loaned him the money for 2 or 3 months

what then ?

simple? Yes I would say so

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Marriage/ retirement extensions require money seasoning in the bank.

No agent lends people money for 2/3 months,. they slip the immigration officer money to overlook it.

Actually, they do lend the money. I know a person in my condo who followed this route. The money was placed in his bank account for the required period, then withdrawn and paid back to the agent the day after his retirement extension came through. The agent charged interest of 30,000 baht, an annualized rate of 15%.

I don't know if that process is illegal or not, but it does happen.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No point arguing with someone who has no idea, and is ignorant of the law.

yet you are the one who has made no attempt to answer to make your case and can only respond with a barbed withdrawal

yoi are right

no point

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

That would never happen and you know it.

Time to end this thread me thinks.

Simple really.

That’s the point you do not know 

and you are wrong 

it happened to me

Never is a long time

and scuttles your generalisation and speculation 

End the thread ?

why because you are wrong?

simple?

yes I would say so