Protests At UK, France Embassies Over Prayuth EU Visit

webfact

7 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Why did you have to hold your nose? Are my posts so odious? <joking>

John LeCarre did in fact write a novel which touched on Thailand, occasionally one hears someone like the Nation saying that what he said was complimentary to Thais, but it wasn't. The Honourable Schoolboy (his best novel imho), The Erawan got an honourable mention, and LeCarre limits himself to saying about Thais that 'they kill sooner than most' (I think I Have the quote correct). To my mind he meant they are ruthless and dishonourable more than most, but I see occasionally that Thais who can read think he was being complimentary. Funny old world...

'Manufacture an argument and go on the piss' - LOL!

Oh ye of great patience.

I have yet to have the pleasure of reading The Honourable Schoolboy, but you have just shunted it up my list.

As for Mrs baboon, just go on the piss, then! You planned it ages ago, so why bother creating a pretext and (worse still) fights at home? You were always going to, so get on with it.

The correlation with Thai politics is obvious...

Now if the Shins could sneak a few photo ops in the UK or France, (or even better, both) laughing, smiling, enjoying a cocktail, with P in the background.......all grumpy and dog faced....that would be a maraschino.

Edited by CanuckThai
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Immigrants built nearly everything modern in Thailand including all the mass transit, the apartment blocks, the villages of houses, the shopping malls, the dams, the roads... in fact without them not much construction would be going on at all.

They would do even better if they allowed me to be an "immigrant"..

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Immigrants built nearly everything modern in Thailand including all the mass transit, the apartment blocks, the villages of houses, the shopping malls, the dams, the roads... in fact without them not much construction would be going on at all.

You're confusing "immigrant" with "foreign transient". 

Wanna bet?  Look at your visa and see if it says "non" on it.

Most of them were dismissed to bugger off when they had served their purpose. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Now if the Shins could sneak a few photo ops in the UK or France, (or even better, both) laughing, smiling, enjoying a cocktail, with P in the background.......all grumpy and dog faced....that would be a maraschino.

I agree but... The opposite would be more hilarious. I believe it is called photobombing.

Mr P all serious in the front doing something official, Mr T and sis in the background pulling silly faces.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, baboon said:

I have yet to have the pleasure of reading The Honourable Schoolboy, but you have just shunted it up my list.

As for Mrs baboon, just go on the piss, then! You planned it ages ago, so why bother creating a pretext and (worse still) fights at home? You were always going to, so get on with it.

The correlation with Thai politics is obvious...

A better man than I Gunga Din, a better man by far.

Respect.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Typical hi so Thais. Always big mouths overseas, but then they come here and prostrate to the guy.

What would you do if you could do time for speaking out back home? Or face getting locked up for liking a picture on social media? I'm sure for many here it's not worth the risk. 

15 hours ago, the guest said:

EU should start cleaning it's own act before pointing fingers.

Remember - "When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back to you." 

I'm sure the EU will be responsible without a military coup.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 1:35 PM, Thailand said:

Shame on them,just a nice guy doing his best for a few of his fellow countryman.

More proof that sarcasm is the highest, not lowest, form of wit!

• Like 1