Praise for kind Sri Racha traffic cop who allows press-ups instead of fine for helmet-less teen

webfact

Praise for kind Sri Racha traffic cop who allows press-ups instead of fine for helmet-less teen

6PM.jpg

video screenshot

Channel 3 reported on a Facebook video that showed a Sri Racha traffic cop give some alternative punishment to a young man on his way to pick up his mum.

The motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet and asked to do 50 press-ups instead of paying a fine. Constable Amnat Phathaisong took further pity on him and said that 20 would be enough.

The Bo Win traffic cop told reporters that the young man recognized that he was in the wrong and was allowed to go on his way after a talking to.

Channel 3 reported that netizens praised the cop for his attitude in comments on Facebook.

Source: CH3

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-20

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

next time have them pick up trash.

plenty to be found everywhere you look.

No they have to be kind to them or they will turn around and drive back against traffic...in large groups!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

And therein lies the issue, you either have laws or you don't so this answers the question quite simply, they don't...

Nonsense.  It is not that simple, police everywhere, not only in Thailand, are allowed to exercise a certain degree of discretion about whether to issue a fine or a give a warning.   That's what happened in this case.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Fool, send him walking to buy a new helmet, return with new helmet and receipt, to get bike back.

Sure a new 200 baht plastic helmet from Big C will teach him. 

So will the press ups make him wear a helmet ? I think we all know the answer.

Confiscate the bike ,simple, .... return the bike when he produces a helmet. If caught again ,scrap the bike.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mok199 said:

now this I like ..Kudos officer

why though. he let him get back on the bike without a helmet. it's just daft. you think after his awful punishment (which some of us do daily for our own good) he went and bought a helmet and is now wearing it? doubt it

Edited by Happy enough

32 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

why though. he let him get back on the bike without a helmet. it's just daft. you think after his awful punishment (which some of us do daily for our own good) he went and bought a helmet and is now wearing it? doubt it

ya your probably right,..why not just shoot him..or wait, I read the execution table is free October 14 1630 hours,but call in advance we have those nasty'' left turn on a red ,''executions stacking up

Edited by mok199
speliings

10 minutes ago, mok199 said:

ya your probably right,..why not just shoot him..or wait, I read the execution table is free October 14 1630 hours,but call in advance we have those nasty'' left turn on a red ,''executions stacking up

mate they have to do something about it, i just don't know if it will ever happen in my lifetime. there's kids running around my area on bikes without helmets and no lights or plates that can't can't be more than 10 years old.. i don't think press ups is the answer. no need to waste money on execution, they'll probably kill themselves

35 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

mate they have to do something about it, i just don't know if it will ever happen in my lifetime. there's kids running around my area on bikes without helmets and no lights or plates that can't can't be more than 10 years old.. i don't think press ups is the answer. no need to waste money on execution, they'll probably kill themselves

I agree..we actually called the police last week, our small soi has become out of control with speeders and exssisive loud scooters,and alas nothing ever happens until I confront a rider then they want to fight..so I am always happy when an officer'' takes the time '',to a) DO HIS JOB and b) evaluate a situation as ''high risk '' or low risk and deal with it, sometimes ''a stern warning'' and mbey it warrents a ticket'...Thailand is filled with lazy police and it is why the lawless continues...hve a good day sir

12 minutes ago, mok199 said:

I agree..we actually called the police last week, our small soi has become out of control with speeders and exssisive loud scooters,and alas nothing ever happens until I confront a rider then they want to fight..so I am always happy when an officer'' takes the time '',to a) DO HIS JOB and b) evaluate a situation as ''high risk '' or low risk and deal with it, sometimes ''a stern warning'' and mbey it warrents a ticket'...Thailand is filled with lazy police and it is why the lawless continues...hve a good day sir

one hit my mrs car day before yesterday whilst she was sat in traffic, not the first time. got dash cam footage showing the little shit drove off. had to report to police for insurance but no plates so nothing they could do. insurance said they'll pay the damage but will affect her insurance next time. can be very annoying. good evening to you too

15 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Nonsense.  It is not that simple, police everywhere, not only in Thailand, are allowed to exercise a certain degree of discretion about whether to issue a fine or a give a warning.   That's what happened in this case.

Give me a break... do you really think this teen had a license for driving? Ij America, he would not have escaped being ticketed and told to call someone to bring a helmet even if he did have a license. And a teen without a license would have been taken to jail at a juvenile center pending his parents arrival to take him out. Your take on this supposedly kind act doesn't wash. 

20 hours ago, Just Weird said:

And how well that has worked :coffee1:

5 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Give me a break... do you really think this teen had a license for driving? Ij America, he would not have escaped being ticketed and told to call someone to bring a helmet even if he did have a license. And a teen without a license would have been taken to jail at a juvenile center pending his parents arrival to take him out. Your take on this supposedly kind act doesn't wash. 

Give me a break!  You have no idea whether he had a licence or not and what happens in the US is completely irrelevant here.

My take on this is objectively correct, police everywhere are allowed the discretion of whether to issue a ticket or give a warning, that is what I have been commenting on!