Trump says North Korea has returned remains of 200 U.S. war dead

webfact

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:
On 6/23/2018 at 3:35 AM, Andaman Al said:

when he lies of course we will complain about what he said. HE IS LYING !!

Obama brought back 11 prisoners - no circus. Did you know remains have been coming back for a while.

Did a websearch and nothing came up

Could you give conformation that the remains of 11 U.S soldiers have recently been returned to the US from NK ?(recently as in Obamas reign as POTUS)

You see what you are like. PRISONERS are not remains. Trump makes a circus over 3 prisoners. Obama brought 11 back. Trump makes a circus about bringing human remains back, human remains have been coming back for ages. Remains of 459 US soldiers have been repatriated so far the last lot was 229 caskets of which many bones were neither US soldiers or even human.

In the ensuing decade there were 33 joint missions across the country, and US officers and forensic scientists brought back 229 caskets of bones and personal effects, from which 153 missing Americans have so far been identified.

North Korea had unilaterally handed over 208 caskets, though many of the bones inside were not US soldiers and some were not even human. From those remains a further 181 of the war dead have been accounted for. 

The joint field missions were stopped in 2005

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - The U.S. military said it moved 100 wooden coffins to the inter-Korean border to prepare for North Korea's returning of the remains of American soldiers who have been missing since the 1950-53 Korean War.

U.S. Forces Korea spokesman Col. Chad Carroll also said Saturday that 158 metal transfer cases were sent to a U.S. air base near Seoul, South Korea's capital, and would be used to send the remains home.

North Korea agreed to return U.S. war remains during the June 12 summit between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump. 

http://www.normantranscript.com/cnhi_network/us-moves-coffins-to-n-korean-border-for-war-remains/article_49dd7fa2-58c8-56c0-b917-547c69ba1295.html

There was a slight misunderstanding between "already returned" and *agreed to return*

Could back up your claim that Kim charged 1M $ for each returning soldiers remains (I did do a websearch and nothing came up )

Did Trump pay Kim 100 Million for the above soldiers ?

No, there was no slight misunderstanding. He was lying.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Then try harder. What is your search term on google "Is the Easter Bunny really alive on Planet Thargon with Elvis"? Yup, tried that, I can't get a hit either. How can I ever find information on the 'number of prisoners released from North Korea under the Obama Administration". I am at a loss.

But talking of the Easter Bunny and imaginary things I was referred to an article saying Trump says that Obama could not secure the release of the 3 hostages/prisoners that he had done......yet two of them were arrested and detained after May 2017. No wonder Obama could not get them released.

OK, you stated that "Obama brought 11 back. "

What did Obama bring 11 back of from North Korea?

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No, there was no slight misunderstanding. He was lying.

If he had made no agreement with NK and remains would not be returning , then that would be classified as "lying"  .

If , as it appears to be the case, that Trump did come to an agreement with Kim about returning the remains and the process is happening  , maybe he should have said  "we will", rather than"we have" , or he should have stated "we are in the process of..........." , but , its rather pedantic 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

OK, you stated that "Obama brought 11 back. "

What did Obama bring 11 back of from North Korea?

Are you just pretending to be dull or is there an issue. You even quoted me again a few posts back. What does my quote actually say? My bold, my underline on my post because there is no other way of highlighting it to make it more clear. Prisoners (if you really kept abreast of current affairs you would know the circus about Trump bringing back 3), Trump is now making a circus about bringing back human remains yet human remains have been being repatriated for decades until the system was openly abused with money changing hands and animal bones being sent back rather than the bones of fallen soldiers. ?

On 6/23/2018 at 3:35 AM, Andaman Al said:

when he lies of course we will complain about what he said. HE IS LYING !!

Obama brought back 11 prisoners - no circus. Did you know remains have been coming back for a while. Kim charges 1 million USD for the repatriation of the remains of US troops. Lets see the truth about these '200', in the very near future.  If the remains were already at a 'US Military facility' (as Sanemax claims) in S Korea don't you think they would already be on their way back. Don't you think Kim Jong and the Trump administration would have made a media circus out of it? Why do the Pentagon and US military officials in S Korea not have a clue what the Kidnapper in Chief is talking about.?

Tell me do you guys have to take a particular medication or drug to actually believe all of Trumps BS? Because you believe it with conviction when all supporting EVIDENCE says it is BS.  He said 200 had already been returned. What will you say if in one week you find out that in fact none have been returned? What will you think of the US Dear Leader then? Will you still give him a free pass? - You will!!!  I truly am in the wrong business, I need to be in a business that takes advantage of up to 35 million of the worlds most gullible people - like Fox News does.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Are you just pretending to be dull or is there an issue. You even quoted me again a few posts back. What does my quote actually say? My bold, my underline on my post because there is no other way of highlighting it to make it more clear. Prisoners

Please  give a link to back this up .

You are claiming that Obama bought 11 prisoners back from NK

Stop all the petty digs and just provide a link,thats all I ask .

You seem to be referring to 3 or 4 different topics at once and mixing them all up, no wonder I get confused

• Thanks 1

Just now, sanemax said:

Please  give a link to back this up .

You are claiming that Obama bought 11 prisoners back from NK

Stop all the petty digs and just provide a link,thats all I ask .

You seem to be referring to 3 or 4 different topics at once and mixing them all up, no wonder I get confused

You can type in the words to a google search engine that will give you all the information you need. I even gave you the words to use in one of my posts above. I am not here to help you avoid being confused, it sounds like a personal problem. Please do not communicate with me any longer, it really is like the Borg.

Petty digs? already this morning you call me a liar and fabricating stuff. YOU get those chunky fingers moving and that clogged synaptic receptical on the top of your shoulders working for a change and see what you can come up with. There is a whole world of information out there and you don't even have to leave your armchair. Good luck.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

You can type in the words to a google search engine that will give you all the information you need. I even gave you the words to use in one of my posts above. I am not here to help you avoid being confused, it sounds like a personal problem. Please do not communicate with me any longer, it really is like the Borg.

Petty digs? already this morning you call me a liar and fabricating stuff. YOU get those chunky fingers moving and that clogged synaptic receptical on the top of your shoulders working for a change and see what you can come up with. There is a whole world of information out there and you don't even have to leave your armchair. Good luck.

I did a search and nothing came up , I was hoping for you to provide a link .

I did say that you were making false statements and considering that you havent backed up what you claimed, with anything factual , I stick with my claims .

My"petty digs"at you were statements of fact , your petty digs at me were name calling to hide the fact that you posted fabrications

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Correct he should have said any of those alternative things, but he did not, he made a choice and it is NOT being pedantic. He lied, openly, knowingly, for cynical political gain and to get a crowd worked up. HE IS A LIAR. You call people a liar on this forum for far less. Trump does it for a professional vocation and you give him a free pass. The psychology behind this is utterly amazing. You are fallen.

"He lied, openly, knowingly, for cynical political gain and to get a crowd worked up".

It is clearly written in THE TRUMP PLAY BOOK that open faced lying is an acceptable practice because the dumb civilians will not even remember the world's worst lies in a week because there will be many more scandalous events and even bigger lies told by that time. The best way to cover up a pile of sh*t is to cover it with more sh*t. (It seems to work well for trump)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I did a search and nothing came up , I was hoping for you to provide a link .

I did say that you were making false statements and considering that you havent backed up what you claimed, with anything factual , I stick with my claims .

My"petty digs"at you were statements of fact , your petty digs at me were name calling to hide the fact that you posted fabrications

<sigh> Simple search. Took all of ten seconds.

VERIFY: Did Obama fail at freeing Americans imprisoned in North Korea?

Government officials confirmed ten Americans were released from North Korea during his administration. You might have seen the number eleven floating around, but the State Department has no record of that 11th person ever being detained in the first place.

Edited by Silurian
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Well, it looks like at worst he got it massively wrong. The number is 10 - not 11.

Government officials confirmed ten Americans were released from North Korea during his [Obama's] administration. You might have seen the number eleven floating around, but the State Department has no record of that 11th person ever being detained in the first place.

Government officials confirmed the following US Citizens were released by North Korea under the Obama Administration: Laura Ling, Euna Lee, Aijalon Gomes, Eddie Yong Su Jun, Jeffrey Fowley, Kenneth Bae, Matthew Miller, Sandra Suh, Merrill Newman, Robert Park."

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/verify/verify-did-obama-fail-at-freeing-americans-imprisoned-in-north-korea/65-551011820

Now what about Trump's claim that Obama failed to secure the release of 3 prisoners? Does that falsehood offend you?

Nah, not a falsehood, just a slight misunderstanding.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 8:34 AM, Justfine said:

You lot would complain no matter what he said. Sad really.

First potus to have the balls to meet with NK leader and get things moving.

If only you guys had a set the same size.

Japan and Guam ,don't have to look up in the sky anymore and wonder if its a bird or a plane.

50 minutes ago, riclag said:

It's all good,win win for everybody

The thing is, North Korea didn't even have to negotiate for the US to stop the joint exercises. Trump said it was his idea and he gave it to them.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, riclag said:

It's all good,win win for everybody

Where is the win win? As a career military pilot, I can tell you that those exercises are needed and are a valuable part of preparation for when the s**t hits the fan. There are no winners except Kim who got what he wanted without giving anything!! Maybe he read 'Art of the Deal' where it says just lie to get what you want. Pity Trump has never read it (true story he has never even read his own book that he was supposed to have written) otherwise he would know what he was supposed to have done. Funny really, you couldn't make it up.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

The thing is, North Korea didn't even have to negotiate for the US to stop the joint exercises. Trump said it was his idea and he gave it to them.

Win for NK, win for SK,win for Japan win for Guam and dare I say ,win for the USA! Who cares what was stopped or who,or where,I don't. What ever happen in those negotiations, it potentially saved millions of people from being killed.  The way I see it ,if PT has his name on it or is involved in anything  good . . The deranged liberals  will some how change it to look bad.

Edited by riclag

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

The way I see it ,if PT has his name on it or is involved in anything  good . . The deranged liberals will some how change it to look bad.

Has your family been in the USA for long? I mean like 300 years long something like that? I just ask because your attitude and thinking is reminiscent of the same attitude and thinking that led to the execution of 20 innocent people during the Salem Witch trials. Attitudes are contagious ...is yours worth catching. Hmmm! 

24 minutes ago, riclag said:

Win for NK, win for SK,win for Japan win for Guam and dare I say ,win for the USA! Who cares what was stopped or who,or where,I don't. What ever happen in those negotiations, it potentially saved millions of people from being killed.  The way I see it ,if PT has his name on it or is involved in anything  good . . The deranged liberals  will some how change it to look bad.

Well, there were other agreements with North Korea, too. I guess the world was "potentially saved" then, too.  Anyway, why potentially saved? Why not actually saved?  Didn't Trump state that North Korea was no longer a nuclear threat?

6 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Well, there were other agreements with North Korea, too. I guess the world was "potentially saved" then, too.  Anyway, why potentially saved? Why not actually saved?  Didn't Trump state that North Korea was no longer a nuclear threat?

"Didn't Trump state that North Korea was no longer a nuclear threat?"

It doesn't really matter what trump states or stated. He will say anything, twist the facts, tell bold faced porkies to make it look like he successfully pulled off "the art of the deal". trump is ego driven. It is too soon to judge the success of the Singapore Summit.