11 ‘Forbidden’ Careers Opened to Foreigners

Jonathan Fairfield

On 6/21/2018 at 9:36 PM, observer90210 said:

Very Good.

Hopefully it will avoid the cheating thai practice of dual pricing and overcharging foreigners.

Let's hope the foreigners will be more honest and quote proper prices and not try to ripoff foreigners,

"Let's hope the foreigners will be more honest and quote proper prices and not try to ripoff foreigners,"

One more time please?

On 6/23/2018 at 7:32 AM, kickstart said:

Not only on building sites ,where I am we have a big electronics factory, making  mainly computer  parts ,I was our local immigration office  doing my 90 day ,waiting my turn ,and in walk 4-5 girls in the factory uniform, I thought what are they doing here ,then they spoke ,they where Cambodians, all doing they 90 day report all working legally  at the electronic factory,on less wages than the Thai's.of course 

We also have large pig processing factory, near here all the killing is done by Cambodians, Thai's will not do the job .they do get paid well 16 000baht/ month, but very long hours.

If it is a crap job, and employers can get away with pay lower wages, they will employ foreign workers, and rules will be bent.

Can anyone blame the workers for wanting better conditions?   The only justification employers in thailand have is, "WE pay more than their home country does".

Pity.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:46 PM, coulson said:

Note foreigner is limited to Asean in most cases. This just allows more cheap labour/ services.

Nothing to see here

Actual skills/experience/professionalism still not required?

Fair enough.

I suppose.

Enjoy your continued time in the 3rd world.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Can anyone blame the workers for wanting better conditions?   The only justification employers in thailand have is, "WE pay more than their home country does".

Pity.

That argument is used all over the world. There is some justification for it which relates to spending power back home but only if everything locally is provided on top of the salary

ARE FARANGS INCLUDED IN THESE NEW RULES?

There is a reference to the ASEAN Free Movement of Labour Agreement, which has helped to bring about these new rules.

However, it is not clear if the rules apply to ALL "ALIENS", or only to citizens of ASEAN countries.