Samsung Washing Machines? And, appliances? Garbage compared to GE/Westinghouse/Maytag?

Here in Thailand, I have been exposed to Samsung appliances....first time...and BIG TIME.

Compared to what I am used to, in the USA, in past years, Samsung provides cheap.....

Cheap garbage.

Is buying Samsung worth the savings?

My opinion is...NO.

Such a headache, is Samson.

Even, Delilah detested Samsung!

What a slouch.

Just a matter of low cost garbage, IMHO.

BUT, please do not confuse Samon's phones with Samsung appliances.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Samsung phones.

If ONLY Samson would produce washing machines to the same quality standards as Samsung phones...then....

All would be right with the world, IMHO.

But, probably, this will never happen.

Samsung Phones and Samsung Washing Machines probably come from a totally different group under the Samson Umbrella.

Any thoughts?

Or, maybe you do not wash your own clothes?

Best to you...

Hygienically speaking....

Gamma

• Confused 2
  • Sad 6
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

By the way...

When I was young, and living on The Main Line, we had a laundry room.

Also, we had a black woman who stayed with us.

She was the best.

And, therefore, we only bought the very best washing machines and clothes dryers, and clothes irons, for her to use.

I still recall that black woman.

She taught me to bake bread, and to cook lemon meringue pies, and also taught me how to cook a scrumptious pot roast, as well as a tender leg of lamb.

She was the very best.

I owe a lot to her, just too much to tell you about.

She was well paid for her work.

Yet, how, I still think to myself, can one truly pay in money for what she gave to me?

Impossible, in fact.

These days, when using a Samsung appliance, I think to myself just how very lucky I was.

Times have changed.

Best to you....

Regards,

Gamma

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

We have Samsung TV's, a Samsung refrigerator, & washing machines

One thing I love most about ASIAN washing machines, including the old TaTung washing machines from Taiwan, is that they always tie one's clothes into knots during the wash.

This never happened to me when I was young, on The Main Line, using quality machines with a far better design.

These days, after each wash, it takes me about 5 minutes to untangle the knots in my clothes.

In addition, this knotting method of washing clothes can, in my opinion, have nothing but a very deleterious effect on the life of one's clothing.

Therefore, I must assume that the washing machine companies must be "in league" with the Asian clothes manufacturers....

Because, the quicker we have our clothes worn down to nothing, the better for the clothing industry.

Also, why don't we use the machines which rotate horizontally instead of vertically?

Good question!

Those machines which have drums which are horizontal are far more efficient and effective than the Samsung garbage most of us are forced to use here in Thailand, when resorting to the COIN-OP Option.

Regards,

Gamma

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Who gives a flying <deleted> about your laundry!

You need to be cleaned out of the forum ASAP!

You always give me a chuckle, Sir.

(I am just glad that you are not coin-operated, like the washing machines here. Your chuckles are free.  So...TKS!)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Back in the day, I moved into my apartment, and both the tumble dryer and washing machine suffered problems.  I replaced the washing machine with an Electrolux, which I hope will last till I move out, and the drier may survive with some special operating instructions and work-arounds till the same date.

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Back in the day, I moved into my apartment, and both the tumble dryer and washing machine suffered problems.  I replaced the washing machine with an Electrolux, which I hope will last till I move out, and the drier may survive with some special operating instructions and work-arounds till the same date.

Strangely enough, when I was very young, the Electrolux brand was considered to be a premium band.

I am not sure, but I have heard, that the Electrolux brand may not be what it once was.

One other point is that Electrolux often offers a TWO-YEAR warranty when such a thing is now rarely heard of.

In addition, I must say that, even though the Electrolux quality might not be what it once was....yet....STILL...I have found that Electrolux actually DOES, DOES follow through with its attempt to provide very conscientious service.

Therefore, no matter what the quality might be, I cannot fault Electrolux, Thailand, for not truly doing their best to communicate with the customer, after sales, and to follow through with fixing problems that should have been caught during the manufacturing process.

Maybe this is sort of a backhanded compliment to Electrolux?

IDK.

So many, these days, are complaining about deteriorating quality in manufactured goods, such as appliances, major appliances, and whatnot.

All stuff, these days, seems to be increasingly thought of as disposable goods.

I do not understand this concept because, in the end, this is not sustainable.

And so, this strategy will come back to bite us all in the behind, sooner or later....

Regards,

Gamma

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

Right!

I prefer to have a maid.

Also, while near the uni...there was a great service I used for keeping my clothes...

SPIC and

SPAN...

And, every well pressed.

Now, I am not there.

Miss those great old times!

26 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Exactly.

Guy needs a RINSE. 

You know...

Before I moved away from the university....

I could have all my clothes washed and pressed, perfectly, by the shop near my house.

Now, I can not.

I miss those days.

And, I do not sleep as well on bedsheets which are not perfectly pressed.

I am sure that you might feel the same as I, in fact.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Here in Thailand, I have been exposed to Samsung appliances....first time...and BIG TIME.

Compared to what I am used to, in the USA, in past years, Samsung provides cheap.....

Cheap garbage.

Is buying Samsung worth the savings?

My opinion is...NO.

Such a headache, is Samson.

Even, Delilah detested Samsung!

What a slouch.

Just a matter of low cost garbage, IMHO.

BUT, please do not confuse Samon's phones with Samsung appliances.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Samsung phones.

If ONLY Samson would produce washing machines to the same quality standards as Samsung phones...then....

All would be right with the world, IMHO.

But, probably, this will never happen.

Samsung Phones and Samsung Washing Machines probably come from a totally different group under the Samson Umbrella.

Any thoughts?

Or, maybe you do not wash your own clothes?

Best to you...

Hygienically speaking....

Gamma

Samsung, Samon, Samson. Please decide which.

• Love It 1

22 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Dont forget John West.. "Its the salmon it rejects that makes its salmon the best"! 

• Love It 2

In the 1970s I had a job cleaning furnaces that involved going into people's basements.

We would routinely see ancient (1940s) Maytags still in use.

Some were just an open tub with an agitator, no lid or top, still working.

I came to understand why the Maytag repairman is the "loneliest man in town".

Here I have an LG, it works just fine.

5 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

In the 1970s I had a job cleaning furnaces that involved going into people's basements.

We would routinely see ancient (1940s) Maytags still in use.

Some were just an open tub with an agitator, no lid or top, still working.

I came to understand why the Maytag repairman is the "loneliest man in town".

Here I have an LG, it works just fine.

It's been decades since I had any thought for the lonely Maytag repairman.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Compared to what I am used to, in the USA,

Which stae? All I hear all the time is that all states are different. As if that is some kind of blanket excuse

But you are not in Kansas anymore. You have to adapt. I know it is hard but...

Americans in Thailand the new "whenwes". I thought they died out long ago in Australia, SA etc. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Give him a chance, his meds haven't kicked in yet.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

One thing I love most about ASIAN washing machines, including the old TaTung washing machines from Taiwan, is that they always tie one's clothes into knots during the wash.

This never happened to me when I was young, on The Main Line, using quality machines with a far better design.

These days, after each wash, it takes me about 5 minutes to untangle the knots in my clothes.

In addition, this knotting method of washing clothes can, in my opinion, have nothing but a very deleterious effect on the life of one's clothing.

Therefore, I must assume that the washing machine companies must be "in league" with the Asian clothes manufacturers....

Because, the quicker we have our clothes worn down to nothing, the better for the clothing industry.

Also, why don't we use the machines which rotate horizontally instead of vertically?

Good question!

Those machines which have drums which are horizontal are far more efficient and effective than the Samsung garbage most of us are forced to use here in Thailand, when resorting to the COIN-OP Option.

Regards,

Gamma

Get some of these....They minimize the whirly knotting....I got them at Big C.....They also have them through Lazada.....About 7-10฿ each..... Usually sold in 4 packs at the store....

Screenshot_2024-03-03-09-52-59-50_39060a31215a48c7aaf1fb3368fa2e89.jpg

IMG20240303094928.jpg

Are we just lucky?

Six years old next month our Samsung 10kg gets used every night - four adults. In that time just one repair, a solenoid last year, cost 400b to repair.

Before that a Samsung 6.5kg which was very overworked, died after seven years. Good enough to stay with same brand.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Are we just lucky?

Six years old next month our Samsung 10kg gets used every night - four adults. In that time just one repair, a solenoid last year, cost 400b to repair.

Before that a Samsung 6.5kg which was very overworked, died after seven years. Good enough to stay with same brand.

Samsung is GARBAGE....

So, then....just get one of these...and....feel better.....while you WASH BETTER.....

image.png.bc1871190145c389d6ec26855f4ad3fa.png

image.png.7fb013051c14ccdb04a047a3e09a070a.png

SAMSUNG washing machines, like all Asian washing machines....are GARBAGE!

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

In all honesty, just about the ONLY thing I have missed, after leaving the USA...is.....

The washing machines.

I have spent most of my life in Asia having my clothes tied in knots in Asian washing machines.

(Not JOKING!)

I detest Asian washing machines.

Whirlpool is OK for me, though.....

Years ago, while in Taiwan, I was forced to use some garbage machine made by TaTung.

What LOUSY machines those were.

Almost everything in Asia is better than in the USA....except.....

The washing machines and clothes dryers.

I rarely see a clothes dryer, even today, around here....

The problem with the Asian clothes dryers is that they have CRAPPY drying power.

When I want to dry my clothes, my bedsheets, whatever...then....I....DEMAND at least 20,000 BTU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.png.67f393b6a685a0c2c4a1c4ccc6208305.png

image.png.0cdeaef31ff85e3d434e66deb13b88b6.png

Asia is so FAR behind the curve in washing machines and clothes dryers, compared to the more Powerful ....  US of A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!