Petchaburi Brit tops the overstay list in latest crackdown on foreign criminals

webfact

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Right, this is small fry.

15 years ago here in Chiang Mai, I knew a 62 year old English guy who had overstayed 9 years. His nickname was sailor because he claimed to be ex-navy. Not only was he on overstay he even boasted about it. As far as I can remember he never got caught. 

As you say; chippendale, bet there are those who have overstayed for years and managed to stay off the radar. But now with technology it`s becoming much easier to tag these people and it`s going to be much more difficult to buck the system. The banks, hospitals and the separate police departments are beginning to communicate with each other, not only nationally, but also internationally. Welcome to the technological age of Big Brother.

Do you mean joined-up government has finally landed in Thailand, about time, years behind other country's .

9 hours ago, chippendale said:

187 days is nothing.

I bet there are still guys hiding out on 10+ years overstay. Award a gold Rolex to the cop who rugby tackles him.

I'm sure you are right. This is very low-key news. 187 days. Whoopee Do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rollrunna said:

Sad and as usual the "smuggies' are out...kick him out,.. serves 'im right. ... bl**dy superior acting colonizing brits... hang im ....  so quick to judge and destroy, spill the venom....  Now lets consider that this 70 year old guy forgot, or maybe thought that he had done a visa update... maybe he has been seriously ill in bed,... maybe he ran out of money and had nobody to throw a few dead hundred quid his way....  .. yeah i know i am looking for straw to thatch his house but .. we dont know why he was overstay , lets keep our miserable mouths shut and give him benefit of doubt... 

Well..yes..

What is it about Thailand..expatriates (if that is what they are) and miserable mouths?

It seems to be endemic.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Me mischievious, shocked  i am.:cheesy:

The member expatthailover who that comment was aimed at is aware of what my situation was at the time,.but has been very quiet since he posted that anybody 10 days or 10 years over stay should be deported.

You REALLY need a chill pill. 

Carry on like this and you'll have an anuerism and end up in hospital with a coma again! Your bitter comments are adding nothing to the thread.

Edit: @colinneil  just proved my comment with your little 'sad' icon didn't you you bitter old man. Best you have another Archa and calm down.

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

67 posts.

Wow-big deal.So an elderly British chap was caught on overstay was he?

I near wet me kimbies..

Please PM me if you near wet your kimbies too..

Wow- 3k post big man eh?

4 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well..yes..

What is it about Thailand..expatriates (if that is what they are) and miserable mouths?

It seems to be endemic.

i suspect that many open here first thing in the morning for a good rant... schadenfreude used Thaivisa as an example or would have if existed....  sorry guy i am being too cynical ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rollrunna said:

i suspect that many open here first thing in the morning for a good rant... schadenfreude used Thaivisa as an example or would have if existed....  sorry guy i am being too cynical ? 

I think that what you say is true.Schadenfruede with a capital "S"-however I would venture to say that some are not foreigners and are following a prepared script.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

I think that what you say is true.Schadenfruede with a capital "S"-however I would venture to say that some are not foreigners and are following a prepared script.

wow your suggesting that " prepared bots are being used to chasten ex pats to toe the line ??  "  ......... ?   i'll change channels now... incase of infection  .. was just serving forward...

2 minutes ago, rollrunna said:

wow your suggesting that " prepared bots are being used to chasten ex pats to toe the line ??  "  ......... ?   i'll change channels now... incase of infection  .. was just serving forward...

Ha..ha..whatever.?

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I say, stropper, you do seem to have got in a colonial tizzy. Perhaps it is the heat. Have another VB or whatever you are drinking.

Yes true old chap, but he has given himself a fine title "stropper" ie w..nk..r rather apt. don't you think?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Anyone who hasn't got the message by now that overstaying your visa is a serious problem deserves what comes their way. There is clearly a nationwide crackdown and Big Joke is not someone who seems likely to stop anytime soon.

yes we get the message, sooner rather than later these clod hopper will be unannounced knocking at your door at anytime, trampling over your human rights, invading your privacy, treating you like a criminal for your heinous crime of daring to enter Thailand. yes got the visa but after reading this will extend my stay in neighboring country till the last days of the validity till i actually use it, well done big joke the thai hotel owners and restaurateurs  applaud you for minimizing their diminished revenue even further

9 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Typical British traveller, think the empire still exists and they can still colonise any land they step foot on.

Now let's see who's dumb enough to take offence at this without me having to spell it out

No need! Statement is too dumb to take offence!

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Having a bad day dear, there, there, g back to sleep, past your bed time.

You're one to speak, sounds like all your days are bad based on the negative attitude you seem to carry.

Plus you seem to be avoiding all the questions asked of you, soon to dish it out but can't take it.....people like you are ten to the penny sunshine.....

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Typical British traveller, think the empire still exists and they can still colonise any land they step foot on.

Now let's see who's dumb enough to take offence at this without me having to spell it out

No need to spell it out for me but I would not mind another dose of your wisdom concerning the other nationalities or are you just anti British not that I care

10 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Wind yer neck in. As I was saying "let's see who's dumb enough..."

The clue was in "spell it out"

traveller

colonise

offence

are British spellings.

So allow me to spell it out for you:

(a) I'm British

(b) It was a wind up

At times like this I wish I was not English there I like to be specific