UK Embassy income letter

I have to get my embassy income letter endorsed by the Thai MFA before applying to extend my visa. Thai MFA rejected my income letter yesterday as it was not signed properly. They require a full signature and statement of rank or post of the signatory. I had to apply for a replacement embassy letter and lost a day in the process.

Talking of process I had to fill in an "Application for Legalization" form at the MFA. Is there an online version I can download and fill in in advance?

Thanks

ianh68.... Sorry to hear that your Embassy letter was rejected by MFA because the signature was incomplete.  If I was in your shoes I would be contacting the Embassy by phone and requesting a new letter be issued as a matter of urgency in order to ensure that you are able to obtain your extension of stay in time.  I just hope that they don't try to charge you again.  You may need to email them a copy of the MFA rejection notice.

Regarding the MFA application form.... it is buried somewhere in the MFA website and unless you read Thai it is almost impossible to find.  I have attached a PDF copy of the form.  Hope that helps and best of luck.

MFAlegalizationform.pdf

On 6/22/2018 at 12:11 PM, 007 RED said:

ianh68.... Sorry to hear that your Embassy letter was rejected by MFA because the signature was incomplete.  If I was in your shoes I would be contacting the Embassy by phone and requesting a new letter be issued as a matter of urgency in order to ensure that you are able to obtain your extension of stay in time.  I just hope that they don't try to charge you again.  You may need to email them a copy of the MFA rejection notice.

Regarding the MFA application form.... it is buried somewhere in the MFA website and unless you read Thai it is almost impossible to find.  I have attached a PDF copy of the form.  Hope that helps and best of luck.

MFAlegalizationform.pdf

That is uncommonly good of you - I am very grateful. I did in fact phone the embassy when I got downstairs at the MFA. After the initial person tried to fob me off with "we'll call you back" and I insisted the matter needed immediate attention I was transferred to a higher authority who sympathised and promised to send a replacement letter to me the following day and this is what happened.

Edited by ianh68

On 6/22/2018 at 12:11 PM, ubonjoe said:

Download: Application for legalization.pdf

What office are you applying for the extension of stay at that requires the signature verification?

Very grateful to you too for your kindness in sending me the pdf. Nonthaburi a couple of years ago introduced the requirement that the embassy letter should be endorsed by the MFA. It is the MFA who quibbled about the nature of the signature on the embassy letter. They had a point. All it said was first name plus initial. They went on the computer and tracked down the full name and post of the person concerned. They wrote it on the application for legalization but when when I got to the next stage the woman behind the desk would not accept it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got through the process this time relatively unscathed, partly because I was lucky to get most of the forms filled in ahead of time due to download links found on this forum (for which thanks). The only one missing from my collection now is the two part affair which acknowledges penalties for overstay and indicates the reason why I want to extend my visa.

It's no big deal really but it would be nice to get them just to round things off. Are they available online does anyone know?

I copied from the top of the form แบช สตม ๒

16 hours ago, ianh68 said:

Got through the process this time relatively unscathed, partly because I was lucky to get most of the forms filled in ahead of time due to download links found on this forum (for which thanks). The only one missing from my collection now is the two part affair which acknowledges penalties for overstay and indicates the reason why I want to extend my visa.

It's no big deal really but it would be nice to get them just to round things off. Are they available online does anyone know?

I copied from the top of the form แบช สตม ๒

I think that these are the 2 forms you are referring to:-

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/overstay-page-004_Page_1.pdf

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/form_acknow_con2stay_new.pdf

16 hours ago, ianh68 said:

Not sure it really helps much to do those forms in advance. Some offices use different forms.

At the office here they have both of them on one two sided sheet of paper.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure it really helps much to do those forms in advance. Some offices use different forms.

At the office here they have both of them on one two sided sheet of paper.

Agreed - neither forms are particularly complex, and completing them on the spot at your office in my experience helps pass the generally short period of time while your passport is being processed with the new extension stamp.

On 6/27/2018 at 7:23 PM, Lamkyong said:

plus 200 bht postage  = one envelope  + 54 bht stamp  work that one out

Are you really suggesting that this is on top of the 1900 THB figure referred to in the 2 postings prior to yours? My understanding has always been that it is not possible to apply to one's local immigration office for extensions of stay by post!

On 7/11/2018 at 1:13 PM, OJAS said:

Agreed - neither forms are particularly complex, and completing them on the spot at your office in my experience helps pass the generally short period of time while your passport is being processed with the new extension stamp.

Fair enough, as I said it is no big deal and if the forms are different nothing is lost. All I will say is that my prefilled in forms (many of which I got from this forum) got admiring comments from the immigration officers. The "generally short period of time" in my case is probably longer than you are thinking as the clerk has to wrestle with the conversion from pounds to baht using figures submerged in the prose of the embassy letter (version 2) that started this thread. ?