Most Thais don’t have enough savings to last six months if they stop working

snoop1130

22 hours ago, cmsally said:

Yesterday morning saw Thai woman buying 300 Bts worth of stuff in 7-11 on a credit card (not debit)! Over coffee we were trying to think if there was any reason you would do this unless you had no money - either cash or in bank. I don't know is there a reason, it just seemed pretty strange.

A lot of credit cards accumulate points or cash rewards so that is one reason to pay for stuff with you credit card (and make sure you clear the total balance at the end of every month!).  I pay for almost everything on my credit card because my card gets $1 back for every $75 - all of the little purchases add up - spent so at the end of the month there is usually around $35 or so cash back paid to me.  It won't make a big difference in my life but it's a nice little bonus and is one reason I pay for virtually everything with my credit card.

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 8:50 PM, CGW said:

People are bought up to be in debt, is all part of being a wage slave!

The BEST thing that ever happened to me was having to file bankruptcy in my early 30's due to a divorce. After that, I couldn't get credit, not even a gas credit card. I learned to live within my means and have remained debt free my entire adult life. It CAN be done!

• Like 2