Video: Three dead as Pajero driver who fled scene revealed as top forestry official

rooster59

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:
He said he never saw the Vios coming and by the time he did it was too late. He fled in a panic but called the cops afterwards.

He apologized to the victims and their relatives and said he would take full responsibility.

Nothing better than a good wai.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Making a very wide U-turn, and didn't see the other car coming?????

Probably too busy texting or talking on his cell phone to pay attention to the road. 

you are right. that is not the way make a U turn. You have to reduce the speed and keep close to the road divider as much as possible.

4 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

driver2.JPG

The guy looks so nonchalant, just texting or doing something on his phone like it was no big deal......Just killed 3 people including a child and seriously injured 4, I don't know about you but I'd be horrified and remorseful. 

He does look quite relaxed.....and will most likely not even attend court!

Sometimes we all hate Thailand.

Please stop calling events like this 'accidents' This terminology has no place in modern reportage as it implies there was some unexplained factor causing the collision or crash rather than focussing on the event for what it was.

It was a collision, the cause is open to analysis.

Must agree with the comments about Thai's wide turns on u-turns, see it all the time here.  Usually do it very slowly also thus getting in the way of oncoming traffic, which was far enough away when the turn was initiated but caught up rapidly due to the difference in speeds.  I have always thought that these wide turners must be too lazy to turn the steering wheel enough and/or believe that action would harm the steering components.

4 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

driver2.JPG

The guy looks so nonchalant, just texting or doing something on his phone like it was no big deal......Just killed 3 people including a child and seriously injured 4, I don't know about you but I'd be horrified and remorseful. 

His lawyer probably just reassured him that a couple of weeks as a monk and a wai or two will settle the matter...

30 minutes ago, sahibji said:

idiots like this should not be on the road with a car. he does not know the basics of driving, leave alone U turning.

Thailand needs to get driving schools that deserve the name "school".

Before being allowed to drive or ride a vehicle, there should be at least 30 hours of theory and 1.000 hours of driving/riding lessons under many different conditions.

But where from to take the 100.000 qualified driving instructors ?

They must be paying interesting salaries resulting in such cars, to start with. To carry on, I would file for "manslaughter" at least, a bity lawyer would go on with "murder". 
A big "way" in all directions, a mutually agreed payment to compensate for the "loss" and then it's business as usual again ..... 

Always baffles me the inability of Thai drivers to manage a u-turn properly. Maybe they think full lock damages the steering! Why is it that I can manage to turn into the correct land but they struggle to turn in THREE lanes! I can see how he drove off without realising it though.

Recently I witnessed a motorbike go int the back of a minibus that was forced to brake sharply due to a pickup pulling out without looking. The pickup driver drove away completely oblivious to what had happened behind him. I felt sorry (amazing but true!) on this occasion for the minibus driver, who had been driving correctly. Fortunately the motorbike driver only had a bruised shoulder. 

People on the roads here are too self-absorbed and have no concept of what is going on around them.

the video shows the white car was travelling fast it seems.no braking as previous commented.could have being on a mob too from another comment..it all looks like the white car was not paying attention to the road.who knows what will be the end results

5 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

driver2.JPG

Hes re-enacting the U-Turn manoeuvre  and showing the officer why he did not see the victim's car.....?

6 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Were no seat belts involved?  Doesn't look like the vios was traveling at excessive speed and I would think airbags and seatbelts would have saved everyone involved.

Trees are solid. An old and well established tree will not yield one inch.

I wonder why you felt you needed to suggest some fault attaching to the Vios passengers for being killed and injured without warning and as a result of the actions of one one Thailand's road morons.

6 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Making a very wide U-turn, and didn't see the other car coming?????

Probably too busy texting or talking on his cell phone to pay attention to the road. 

..must have a terrible steering lock..unforgivable driving action, plus the despicable act of failing to stop and render assistance...RIP

Just now, TKDfella said:

Yep, saw this on my FB page yesterday. My condolences to the family.

Seems to me that both drivers were at fault. Sad, very sad.

Explain to us why the Vios driver was to blame.

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Yes, this is a Thai phenomenon. For some reason they can't/won't turn the steering wheel enough to make an appropriate turn.

it can be difficult to turn a steering wheel of a large suv with one hand.

Dude looks like he hasn't a care in the world sitting at that desk. As mentioned above, he's very likely connected and that's possibly how he got his job. Looks like he'll be home in time for dinner.

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

This is very easy to say, sitting in front of your lap/desktop. :ermm:

Agreed... lots of if you did this, if you did that, comments.. the Vios driver had a split second to do something... either brake or swerve.... he probably tried both but had no chance because of the idiotic driving of a person who obviously gives little thought or consideration to other people...

throw the book at him !!!

I hate having to say this but I'm 100% sure that no one in the other car was wearing the seatbelt and there was no baby seat for the little girl. I force my daughters to seat on their seat and fasten the belts even for short trips to the convenience store...  In Thailand nobody seems to care! RIP everyone, especially the child... 

Archived