Video: Three dead as Pajero driver who fled scene revealed as top forestry official

rooster59

13 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

driver2.JPG

The guy looks so nonchalant, just texting or doing something on his phone like it was no big deal......Just killed 3 people including a child and seriously injured 4, I don't know about you but I'd be horrified and remorseful. 

Thinking the same thing. His values seem to be ‘a bit askew’ as they say. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when 2 cars are gambling death.........the Vios had plenty of time to notice the Pajero was about to take first lane and could have moved to second or even third lane........the nonchalance of the Pajero driver drives me mad!

Rip

1 hour ago, hgma said:

when 2 cars are gambling death.........the Vios had plenty of time to notice the Pajero was about to take first lane and could have moved to second or even third lane........the nonchalance of the Pajero driver drives me mad!

Rip

But that would have meant the Vios driver.......giving way.

Unthinkable.

The driver went for the closing gap, in front of the other vehicle (as they always do) because it belonged to him.

8 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Try post #48

you think that explains it? unless there is a video I haven't seen, there are just a couple of seconds in which we see the vios before it leaves the road. we see nothing of its approach.

5 hours ago, Daveyh said:

Who knows the mindset of these people? He certainly does not seems distraught in anyway whatsoever after killing three people & injuring another four! ...

Perhaps in his mind, he was just doing a leisurely u-turn and he didn't hit the other vehicle.  They just ran off and hit that tree in their haste.  His car was more expensive and he's a government employee, so he feels that he had the right of way.  

7 hours ago, Tofer said:

The second question is whether or not the Vios was driving with due care and attention, it would appear not as it appears a clear straight road and the Vios should have slowed, or pulled into the outside lane to go around the manoeuvring Pajero if he wanted to continue travelling at speed,

Clearly he wasn't driving with due care and attention.  The Parjero probably shouldn't have pulled out with the Vios so close but if the Vios driver had followed the rules on U turns, he wouldn't have hit the Pajero.  The real blame for the accident is those bloody U turns but the real blame for the deaths is not wearing seat belts.

6 hours ago, seancbk said:

I would say the same thing having watched the video a few times.   The Vios driver must have seen the Pajero doing the u-turn.

Maybe not, probably texting on his phone!

7 hours ago, Tofer said:

They are certainly not ideal, but what's the alternative?

The majority of Thai's are scared sh.tless of pulling into the centre of the road to turn right across the opposite carriageway where no U turn facility exists, rightly so considering the level of competence and alertness of most drivers here. At least with a dedicated turning lane and slip lane opposite they stand a fighting chance.

In disciplined driving environments roundabouts are the usual solution for making manoeuvres off a dual carriageway / busy highway, but we all know Thai's in general haven't got a clue what to do on one.

Pretty  simple if  expensive, fly overs HOWEVER one VERY easy way is instead of  allowing both carriageways to U Turn at the same ,point they should ,if they really have to keep using them, STAGGER them 400+ metres apart so that at the very least you get a clear view of oncoming  traffic, when in fact what you get is both sides of the carriageway blocking each others view of oncoming traffic  100%.

Other alternative is an island, but the best would be to ban Thais from driving!!

Yes hard to understand how it can happen ! but similar happened to me here in Aus.

Fortunately in a suburban street so no speed involved, other car (travelling opposite direction to me) did a U turn into front driver side of my car. I had daytime lights on as well.

“Sorry didn’t see you”, go figure....

20 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Were no seat belts involved?  Doesn't look like the vios was traveling at excessive speed and I would think airbags and seatbelts would have saved everyone involved.

Thai people hate to wear seat belts. I have had some quite bitter family disputes because I would not 4 or 5 adults into the back seat.  I refuse to travel medium or long distances with unsecured adults behind me.  Even with  legal load I have to get wife to check everyone us wearing them.

We all can say this that it caused 3 people to die. Not good But I may be a little negative in saying this   Look at the guy who was in the accident? The Pajero driver. He fled the scene of the accident which caused 3 people to die and he is sitting there playing with his mobile like nothing happened  I would be a screaming mess, Either he has nerves of steel or he just don't care what he did.

The Pajero driver did not need all three lanes to U turn, it is his fault that he caused the Vios to go

off the road into a tree.  I have been in one of these vehicle and they can turn faster than this

Forestry guy turned. Just guessing it was his attitude and poor driving skills that really caused

this accident.

Geezer

32 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

We all can say this that it caused 3 people to die. Not good But I may be a little negative in saying this   Look at the guy who was in the accident? The Pajero driver. He fled the scene of the accident which caused 3 people to die and he is sitting there playing with his mobile like nothing happened  I would be a screaming mess, Either he has nerves of steel or he just don't care what he did.

Reminds me of a certain young lady a few years back.

12 hours ago, phetpeter said:

the driver of the SUV was correct, moved across into the nearside lane

Hahaha. The only reason he ended up in the nearside lane was because he couldn't turn the f*cking steering wheel, he was lucky not ending up in the ditch. :laugh:

Why didn't the Vios driver cut to the right while breaking instead of to the left? Trying to avoid another vehicle by cutting into its path seems the last thing to do. Makes we wonder what the driving skill levels in Thailand are.  /sarc

Just watched the video again, The 'top' official did see the Vio's coming fast, you can see in the video that his first intention was a turn into the middle lane, then he corrects his steering to continue across, (Which is the legal thing to do) obviously believing the car would bear right slightly and drive behind. But the Vios driver deciding his rights continued to 'cut ' up the SUV, to 'scare him!

13 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

What a pity Thais can't grasp the concept of roundabouts

There is one roundabout near where I live in Chonburi. Yesterday I encountered a pair of women (without helmets) going round it the wrong way.

As you say, it is, for the moment, beyond their capabilities.

12 hours ago, Tofer said:

They are certainly not ideal, but what's the alternative?

45 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

There is one roundabout near where I live in Chonburi. Yesterday I encountered a pair of women (without helmets) going round it the wrong way.

As you say, it is, for the moment, beyond their capabilities.

The majority of Thai's are scared sh.tless of pulling into the centre of the road to turn right across the opposite carriageway where no U turn facility exists, rightly so considering the level of competence and alertness of most drivers here. At least with a dedicated turning lane and slip lane opposite they stand a fighting chance.

In disciplined driving environments roundabouts are the usual solution for making manoeuvres off a dual carriageway / busy highway, but we all 1know Thai's in general haven't got a clue what to do on one.

Imagine a country where  only allow 8-12 year olds are allowed to drive. Imagine no more, you are there. One big race to the front of the lunch line.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:32 AM, Just1Voice said:

Making a very wide U-turn, and didn't see the other car coming?????

Probably too busy texting or talking on his cell phone to pay attention to the road. 

Yes probably...you seem to be an objective expert on these matters flee the scene matters and thai psyche

Certainly I see no evidence of an agenda

14 minutes ago, wvavin said:

What This shitty country needs is vigilantes to take such bastard down otherwise don’t expect any justices!

Charming. 

Nice to see someone showing respect to their host country.

For the record in the uk in 2015 there were over 17000 hit and run/ flee the scene accidents.

Well up with anything thailand has to offer. 

Would you describe good old back home in such a way?

I guess we will never know but why did the driver of the vios choose to go left when perhaps going right would have meant missing the Pajero or just cliopping it

Archived