Whisper Quiet Hotel in Patong?

TheMonkeyManCometh

Dear ThaiVisans,

Can anybody recommend a hotel in Patong that is quiet and guest-friendly?

I like going to Patong once a year for a couple of weeks of craziness but since Patong is Phuket's party-central finding a hotel that is quiet is not that easy (traffic noise is the biggest problem I find with the ear-drum bursting exhausts that some folk put on their bikes).

I was thinking there must be some decent places up the hill a bit in one of the minor sois behind Soi Nanai that would fit the bill but a few pointers might save me some time in looking around.

I usually come in the green season so you can get decent places for under 1000 baht at that time of year so that was my kind of ideal price range.

TIA

TMMC

Take a look at 50 Pee Road, up on the hill from Nanai running parallel. The are some places on the hill side, which are VERY quiet except for the usual fauna in this area. You will need some kind of vehicle when staying there...

I cannot recommend the Expat Patong Center Hotel enough.
Fantastic staff, nice quiet sports bar, comfortable new rooms,guest friendly and a 5 minute walk from both Jungceylon mall and Bangla road.
Noi the manager is a hoot.
I have stayed there three times now on bike trips and they have taken amazing care.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Try PS-2 on the North end of the North-South one-way street one street parallel from the beach--5 minute walk to the beach or 10 minutes to soi Bangla. The hotel is on a very deep lot with rooms far away from the street--swimming pool and good restaurant; around B800

I have to be honest, I have travelled to Phuket for the last 11 years and stayed at many hotels in that time.

As a non smoker, I cannot stand hotels in Patong that allow their guests to smoke at swimming pools, in the foyer, at breakfast or near by, or in their rooms or balconies, for that matter, I cannot recommend any hotel under 1,000 baht, let alone 2,000 baht.

I too like a good quiet hotel, within walking distance of the nightlife and guest friendly, but unless your prepared to lift your game, i.e. if your a non smoker, can't recommend any.

Best of luck and enjoy.

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

As a non-smoker, I find your comments way overdone.

I can understand that, 2nd hand smoke affects some and not others, I am one that it affects, so I choose to stay clear of it, just the fact that it affects me, like Durian others, is enough for me to steer clear of it, that is without bringing my young kids into the equation.

Coughing attacks, vial smell, etc etc, if you find my comments overdone, that's your take on it, I value my health, that said, when I am in a big venue with high ceilings and people are smoking or a well ventilated place, it doesn't bother me, that said, my clothes will reek the following morning and my throat will be red and sore, just goes to show, me and 2nd hand smoke don't get on, call it an allergy if you like.

Based on the above, I choose to pay a little extra to enjoy the fresh air as opposed to 2nd hand smoke, when I am on holidays, which should not be in my face regardless if 2-3 star hotels choose to allow it, their loss from my point of view because they get slammed on reviews to warn others. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

just about 90% of hotels in Patong , all GH's,  Resorts- maybe 50% are guest friendly,  just make sure u book a double room.

Just ask when u book ( on agoda, booking.con ,u can make a request) for a quiet room...

CNN hotel and PS2 are on 200 year road ( song roi pee)

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 2

I have stayed at KN Guest House on MANY occasions and it is GREAT...…………..down a side-street in walking distance to Bangla and Jungceylon, lovely staff, guest friendly, own pool and big rooms with large bathrooms, all kept very clean. And own restaurant nearby (10 mtrs away) serving good and well priced Euro and Thai food). 

More like a block of large apts than a guest house and you can look it up on Trip Advisor (5 star rating).

Edited by xylophone

16 hours ago, Can samui said:

I cannot recommend the Expat Patong Center Hotel enough.
Fantastic staff, nice quiet sports bar, comfortable new rooms,guest friendly and a 5 minute walk from both Jungceylon mall and Bangla road.
Noi the manager is a hoot.
I have stayed there three times now on bike trips and they have taken amazing care.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Fully agree with Can Samui. I used to stay at the other one they own called Expat Hotel. Owners and staff as excellent and food was fantastic. The Phuket Hash Harriers meet and leave from there on Saturdays. Joined a few of them and was made extremely welcome. About a 2 minute walk to Jungceylon shopping and also Bangla Road. Even though close to Bangla I always found it quiet in the room. Nice little sports bar at the hotel too and an outdoor swimming pool. 

Thanks for all the pointers fellas.

I should have mentioned that I am not worried about being in walking distance of the bars as I always rent a mocy and I don't drink much.

Within mocy distance is fine i.e. anywhere on the far outskirts of Patong would be best. I think up the hill behind Nanai will be furthest away from the traffic noise so I will focus my search around there.

The mocy gives me access to much quieter places far from the raucous racket that is Bangla and surrounds!

^^Thanks Richard but Sirirat Road (road to Karon) is very noisy. I used to stay on that road but I am becoming a lighter and lighter sleeper as I get older hence my search for somewhere tucked away at the end of a quiet soi far from the center!

^Thanks Natway K-Hotel is opposite C&N. only 100m from Bangla. I am looking for places far away from noisy roads or discos.

I will try hkt83100's suggestion of hasip pee road or around there. It is about 1.5km from the center but away from any traffic it looks like.

Edited by TheMonkeyManCometh

18 minutes ago, TheMonkeyManCometh said:

^^Thanks Richard but Sirirat Road (road to Karon) is very noisy. I used to stay on that road but I am becoming a lighter and lighter sleeper as I get older hence my search for somewhere tucked away at the end of a quiet soi far from the center!

^Thanks Natway K-Hotel is opposite C&N. only 100m from Bangla. I am looking for places far away from noisy roads or discos.

I will try hkt83100's suggestion of hasip pee road or around there. It is about 1.5km from the center but away from any traffic it looks like.

You could try the road up to Sunhill Hotel and beyond, some apts for rent up there as well as the hotel itself. Very quiet.

I can highly recommend the 7 Seas. It is not where you are looking but at the North

end of the beach down a small quiet Soi. Easy access to Soi Bangla about 800m

down the beach. The owner is a lovely lady who's only complaint of me was that I did not bring enough ladies home for the night. Check it out on Agoda.

As xylophone mentioned above, SunHill hotel is a possibility. Located at the corner of Nanai and Soi 9, the rooms are a step up from the very basic rooms offered by most guesthouses. Just a few meters up the hill on Soi 9 is Club Bamboo - starting to show its age, but should be quiet. Going further up the hill are a few private condo developments (Melville House, Beverly Hill and Highland Residence) in which owners rent some of the units out, but mostly for a 1 month minimum stay. Even with these nice little hillside sois, there's no guarantee of peaceful bliss, as sometimes these condos get rented out to a demographic that behaves as if there's no difference between a quiet residential soi and Soi Bangla.   SunHill and Club Bamboo might be your best bet in that area, at a reasonable cost.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheMonkeyManCometh said:

all the hotels are NOT on the road but a ways inside. There is no noise form the road ?

There also dozens if not hundreds of hotels on small soi's off of third road

Edited by phuketrichard

On 6/24/2018 at 3:31 AM, wavodavo said:

I recommend RICOS its in a soi off Bangla Rd.but quiet.But be warned they wont let you bring in any Ladyboys If thats your thing??

Hilarious. Way back when, a mate had a bungalow complex on Soi Nanachart Rawai (Roger) and in his bungalow rooms were signs, "Don't bring your Katoeys back here", as he had robberies where when the blokes passed out (the regular guys not the guys in skirts) & the shemales rifled other rooms.

Never forget the look on a French workmates face from BKK when I got him a room there and he turned around to see that sign......"ah yea, sorry Bertrand, clearly Florian doesn't stay here, ha,ha,ha"