Baht Busses

billaaa777

Most baht bus drivers are rather pleasant and amicable sort. :o

I suppose if you're pissed enough.

You will be surprised when you treat someone with respect rather than contempt, what benefits it brings. :D

You mean pay what they ask with a smile even if its four times the local price? That kind of respect?

I DO respect them. I have seen the swinging BASEBALL BATS. Really.

Edited by Jingthing

Never paid more than 5-10bht unless hired out private. :D

Only one disagreeable experience - that was with a mate, who somehow smashed a window when trying to get back his change. :o However didnt witness what happened only the fracas afterwards.

Good on you, mate. I guess mileage does vary with the 'ol scumthaews.

You will be surprised when you treat someone with respect rather than contempt, what benefits it brings. :D

You mean pay what they ask with a smile even if its four times the local price? That kind of respect?

Here we go again..................as brit says treat with respect and they will treat you with respect.

Strange jingthing that you do not report any good deeds that we have seen the baht bus drivers do......but as you are just looking on the negative side you wouldn`t would you?

You just class then all the same with your childish collective name of scum............how pathetic and short sighted of you.

Many of these workers work very hard to earn a living in order to support their families....and I would think that at the end of their shift that they are sick to death of pandering to drunken yobbish farang.

Would you like to do their job for 5 baht or 10 baht a throw working very unsociable hours?........I think not.

Respect commands respect, but I doubt that you would even understand that.

I respect honest workers. Many baht bus drivers are indeed thugs, thieves, and are brutish and violent. What I ask you is to respect in that?

I will never forget the time I saw a baht bus driver scream at a lovely Russian woman and her young son and brought both to tears.

You are correct, certainly not all of them are this way. But a large enough percentage to earn scorn.

I respect lawyers more ...

BTW, if you read my posts (I don't encourage that) you would find that I am very generous with profuse praise when it is merited.

Edited by Jingthing

Jingthing - well you certainly have a choice of transport.... own vehicle, bicycle, feet, mototaxi or baht bus. Whinging isn't going to change anything - only winding yourself up in the end. :o

No, actually I don't have a real choice for public transport. I have no intention to drive a vehicle in Thailand and I won't go near a motorcycle, and if I walked everywhere I go, I would be walking 5 hours a day.

I am stuck with the scumtaews and they are stuck with me.

Edited by Jingthing

I respect honest workers. Many baht bus drivers are indeed thugs, thieves, and are brutish and violent. What I ask you is to respect in that?

You are correct, certainly not all of them are this way. But a large enough percentage to earn scorn.

You say that MANY are thugs, thieves and are bruitish and violent.

Where are your statistics for such an incredible statement?

I put it to you jingthing that you are exagerating greatly and trying to validate your nasty name calling of these workers with these outlandish accusations.

Facts and figures please to back up your statement.

Jingthing - well you certainly have a choice of transport.... own vehicle, bicycle, feet, mototaxi or baht bus. Whinging isn't going to change anything - only winding yourself up in the end. :o

No, actually I don't have a real choice for public transport. I have no intention to drive a vehicle in Thailand and I won't go near a motorcycle, and if I walked everywhere I go, I would be walking 5 hours a day.

I am stuck with the scumtaews and they are stuck with me.

Hire a full time driver then, and problem solved. :D

I have no facts and figures, only experiences and observations. Sorry to disappoint. What do you expect me to do, commission a research project?

Did I mention the drivers comprise a mafia?

No facts and figures eh jingthing...........just outlandish statements possibly based on a few personal incidents or hearsay.

So your statement that MANY are thugs thieves and are bruitish and violent is a figment of your shall we say `embroidered` imagination.

Thank goodness that we have now established that this is a load of old cobblers and that infact the many hundreds of drivers can now go about their business and carry on doing such a fine job in Pattaya.

Here we go again..................as brit says treat with respect and they will treat you with respect.

Strange jingthing that you do not report any good deeds that we have seen the baht bus drivers do......but as you are just looking on the negative side you wouldn`t would you?

You just class then all the same with your childish collective name of scum............how pathetic and short sighted of you.

Many of these workers work very hard to earn a living in order to support their families....and I would think that at the end of their shift that they are sick to death of pandering to drunken yobbish farang.

Would you like to do their job for 5 baht or 10 baht a throw working very unsociable hours?........I think not.

Respect commands respect, but I doubt that you would even understand that.

People in Thailand baht bus drivers or the rest of the thais.

Have no <deleted> idea what the word respect means.

Total Bs.

Dont use that word in Thaialnd please, it should be band.

I have talked to peaceful, respectable Thai people who also respect baht bus drivers, the same way that you respect your local bully. Did I mention that by the way they drive, there is little doubt that a good number are yaba addicts?

Edited by Jingthing

I have no facts and figures, only experiences and observations. Sorry to disappoint. What do you expect me to do, commission a research project?

Did I mention the drivers comprise a mafia?

No facts and figures eh jingthing...........just outlandish statements possibly based on a few personal incidents or hearsay.

So your statement that MANY are thugs thieves and are bruitish and violent is a figment of your shall we say `embroidered` imagination.

Thank goodness that we have now established that this is a load of old cobblers and that infact the many hundreds of drivers can now go about their business and carry on doing such a fine job in Pattaya.

PF

You seem to think that we are writing a thesis on the subject....wanting facts and figures etc

Don't make me laugh.....

Pattaya songtaew drivers have a very bad reputation , speak to a few Thais about the Songtaew drivers and you will realise that they are almost universally disliked.